Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Elements relations changed? what wins over stone?

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by ninasidstorm8 View Post
    Is the recent change where Nature no longer produces a strong attack against Earth an intentional change or a bug? In previous battles, an Electric/Nature creature would produce a strong attack against a Water/Earth creature when using the Nature attack. That is no longer the case. It appears that Nature is no longer strong against anything and players without an ultra rare cannot generate a strong attack against earth. I hope this is a bug that an be corrected soon, since the Thanksgibbon tournament has already started and there are a few creatures at the start that have Earth elements. Any information related to this would be helpful.
    I will check on this to see if anything as been changed.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    Thanks.

Rhino Keeper
    We struggled on all 3 accounts to beat the baby rhino in the new tourney.

I finally beat it with Pegasus (dark crit) and my son won with ancient sloth (earth crit) but I think they were just lucky crits because nothing was strong and we lost many times with frankenswine, sloth, firefox, and other animals. My daughter still has not beat it.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Aernak View Post
    We struggled on all 3 accounts to beat the baby rhino in the new tourney.

I finally beat it with Pegasus (dark crit) and my son won with ancient sloth (earth crit) but I think they were just lucky crits because nothing was strong and we lost many times with frankenswine, sloth, firefox, and other animals. My daughter still has not beat it.
    Holy. If you did it every hour for a day, that would be 24 tries. Shouldn't TL program it so that after 24 tries you automatically get a crit? It's just cruel to end a tournament when someone was stuck on Level 3 with a hundred tries. Good luck to your daughter!

Anyways, I'm here to drop off a screenshot that may or may not help you guys.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	16669
    I'm sorry if someone already posted something like this and I had just wasted your time...
    ~Daily Fantasy Forest Story Player~
    Level 39
    Album: 44/81
    Currently Trying For: Treasure Toucan
    Super Rares and Ultra Rares

Vinotaur, Magmacore, Ancient Sloth, Vampire Cat, Skeletal Dragon, Yak-O-Lantern, Glacial Griffin, Ocean Owl, Hydro Yak, Sea Horse, Cosmic Phoenix, Aurora Pegasus, Frankenswine, Nightmare, Terrorier, Twilight Troll, Scarecrow

~Dragon Story Player~
    ON PARTIAL HIATUS
    Plays enough to breed, evolve, collect, battle dragons, send gold, and accept requests.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    Any answer on this?

Host(ess)
    It seems they changed it back. Got a "strong attack" today from a nature attack on an earth-dark creature.
    They probably realized that was a mistake....

Rhino Keeper
    I got a critical with pandafodil versus the rhino yesterday.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by noabcd View Post
    It seems they changed it back. Got a "strong attack" today from a nature attack on an earth-dark creature.
    They probably realized that was a mistake....
    Yes, I now see the same thing. Seems to be fixed.

I love how it took several days to address this and not a word from TL about it, when they are clearly active on the forum and can correct other problems instantly if they feel like it. I already knew that they don't care about providing customer service or addressing players' issues, but the handling of this situation could not make it any more obvious. Is there some reason why NO ONE addressed this sooner? In the middle of a time sensitive tournament?

Seeing several mods and TL people active in this forum dealing with other issues while repeatly ignoring posts about this bug is the biggest slap in the face. I would love to have someone from TL respond to this, and explain why they chose to ignore us for so long.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by readysetgo888 View Post

I love how it took several days to address this and not a word from TL about it, when they are clearly active on the forum and can correct other problems instantly if they feel like it. I already knew that they don't care about providing customer service or addressing players' issues, but the handling of this situation could not make it any more obvious. Is there some reason why NO ONE addressed this sooner? In the middle of a time sensitive tournament?

Seeing several mods and TL people active in this forum dealing with other issues while repeatly ignoring posts about this bug is the biggest slap in the face. I would love to have someone from TL respond to this, and explain why they chose to ignore us for so long.
    Like!!
    🆔 Bambamstad

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by readysetgo888 View Post

Likely they didn't consider it a priority because it was an error in the element tutorial's rating message which didn't affect the actual impact of the attacks. If the odds of rolling a Critical Hit remains the same while the tutorial fails to rate an element, it makes no difference to the outcome of the battle.

I keep saying: The element tutorial does NOT score your attack! You only see "strong", "weak" and blanks on FAIL hits. All fail hits deliver the same ineffective range of damage. Players need to get over this illogical need to see "Strong Attack" flashing across the screen. That information is only useful when you're learning the dominance system or trying to figure out changes.

Unfortunately, the glitch in the tutorial (which is occasionally glitchy anyway, just not this consistently) had us wondering whether there WERE in fact changes to the dominance system, and had some of us doing exhaustive testing which turned out to be unnecessary. The absent rating also gave rise to all kinds of speculation, not to mention the doom-and-gloom proclamations that were approching the brink of hysteria. I sure am happy to see those notions evaporate, although they will probably resurface again the next time an opportunity arises to carry on about imagined injustices against certain players.
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast