Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Elements relations changed? what wins over stone?

Host(ess)

Elements relations changed? what wins over stone?

Did anyone else notice that the elements act differently on the battlegrounds lately?
    Nature does not produce strong attacks against Earth anymore...

I think that it is related to the Treasure Toucan. Maybe the new Gem type is strong against earth and weak against nature...

EDIT:

It seems they returned things to the way they were. You may return to your desks....
    Last edited by noabcd; 11-13-14 at 06:10 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Seriously?
    I hope not because I'll have to recalculate NEBs and redo the whole Universal Fighter Selector all over again. Grrrr!

Please post any element ratings you observe that do not match the received wisdom we have shared so far.
    Perhaps Zenobia or someone else can post an established strength/weakness chart against which people can compare fresh observations.
    Or if you've committed the information to memory (like me), just post any rating that is now coming up different. BE SPECIFIC. If Nature is not rated strong against earth, what is the rating? Weak? Neutral?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SANDSCApe View Post
    Seriously?
    I hope not because I'll have to recalculate NEBs and redo the whole Universal Fighter Selector all over again. Grrrr!

Please post any element ratings you observe that do not match the received wisdom we have shared so far.
    Perhaps Zenobia or someone else can post an established strength/weakness chart against which people can compare fresh observations.
    Or if you've committed the information to memory (like me), just post any rating that is now coming up different. BE SPECIFIC. If Nature is not rated strong against earth, what is the rating? Weak? Neutral?
    I just tried it and using the Nature attack against a Rock Rhino, it said nothing. Not strong, not weak, so just neutral.

I really hope we're not going to be severely handicapped by not having a treasure toucan in battles. I'll be super pissed if that's the case. I don't think the single gem animal should have anything to do with battles, really. If anything, it should function like a bonus and be stronger, but that should not make the other elements weaker.

If this impacts the ability to win tournaments (which is already quite difficult) I am going to be so pissed.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by readysetgo888 View Post
    I just tried it and using the Nature attack against a Rock Rhino, it said nothing. Not strong, not weak, so just neutral.

I really hope we're not going to be severely handicapped by not having a treasure toucan in battles. I'll be super pissed if that's the case. I don't think the single gem animal should have anything to do with battles, really. If anything, it should function like a bonus and be stronger, but that should not make the other elements weaker.

If this impacts the ability to win tournaments (which is already quite difficult) I am going to be so pissed.
    They may have rebalanced the strengths and weaknesses to incorporate the new Treasure element, but hopefully only a few relationships will be affected. We won't have a chance to fight Toucan until maybe tomorrow, if they bring a tournament. But it's not just Treasure I'm concerned about; it's the others that may have shifted.

Have faith. We may discover some new strengths to our advantage, no?

Executive Chef

Oh craap. That is definitely a change. Which means every single element vs. every single other element needs to be confirmed / our notes changed. Ai yai yai!

Executive Chef
    I sincerely hope we don't get a new tournament tomorrow if all the elements have changed... that would be pretty unfair.

I will start making a log of what I'm fighting/using if that helps! I'm not very far into the Thorilla battles.

Water, Earth strong against pure Fire.
    Electric strong against Dark-Water animal.
    Nature, Dark, Water, Fire neutral to Dark-Water animal.
    Last edited by readysetgo888; 11-10-14 at 02:27 PM.

Executive Chef
    I'm wondering if the weak attack has gone away. I have tried every element against the Sea Lion on level 15, and got neutral attacks for every single one except for Electric, which is rated strong.

I'm getting ready to say that it's totally changed... I've now tried to beat this Sea Lion like 6 times and failed every time. I hope that whatever has been changed hasn't made winning harder. I hope that it hasn't made selecting the right animal to use harder either. Without the fighter selector, which by the way I am sincerely grateful for, I never would have beat the tournaments that I did win, as I just barely beat them.

Tournaments definitely did NOT need to get harder so I do very much hope that isn't what's happened, but based on TL's track record it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I'm pretty sure they've only ever given me reasons to be pessimistic about any change because they always seemed to be designed to make the game more annoying/frustrating.

Executive Chef
    I'm wondering if the weak attack has gone away. I have tried every element against the Sea Lion on level 15, and got neutral attacks for every single one except for Electric, which is rated strong.

I'm getting ready to say that it's totally changed... I've now tried to beat this Sea Lion like 6 times and failed every time. I hope that whatever has been changed hasn't made winning harder. I hope that it hasn't made selecting the right animal to use harder either. Without the fighter selector, which by the way I am sincerely grateful for, I never would have beat the tournaments that I did win, as I just barely beat them.

Tournaments definitely did NOT need to get harder so I do very much hope that isn't what's happened, but based on TL's track record it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I'm pretty sure they've only ever given me reasons to be pessimistic about any change because they always seemed to be designed to make the game more annoying/frustrating.
    In an attempt at optimism (which I am not known for as regards this game lol), I will say the "weak" attack going away completely is a lot better than the "strong" attack going away, right?

It does indeed sound like they are no longer labeling any attack as "weak." However, if some attacks are still labeled "strong," that means we can still choose fighters that give strong attacks. It will be more difficult to determine where any new element that comes along fits in the chart, but we'll figure it out. It also makes it more difficult to precisely determine the new relationships when one changes. And if nature vs. pure earth is no longer strong, then something has changed.

Okay, let's all think this through together. Nature is not strong to earth, dark or water. That or it is strong to either dark or water but weak to the other.
    If we can assume it is strong vs. something, we should try it vs. electric, fire and gem. And also try it against water and dark without the other.
    I have finished the last battlegrounds so I'm sorry but I can't help until the next battlegrounds / arena is released.
    Last edited by zenobia42; 11-10-14 at 02:57 PM.

Executive Chef
    Since I still have a long way to go in the battlefield I will definitely post everything that I try and what it tells me... I would prefer to leave the analyzing to someone else though lol. I agree that it doesn't seem bad if weak attacks have gone away. Maybe they've made tournaments easier? Hahahahaha why would they do that? Then people would spend less money on them!

If the tournaments have been made easier it would make me like TL more... so I hope so, but not optimistic just based on past history. The evolution times drastically changing to be not just somewhat worse but WAY worse has made me very skeptical, among other things.

Executive Chef
    Since I still have a long way to go in the battlefield I will definitely post everything that I try and what it tells me... I would prefer to leave the analyzing to someone else though lol. I agree that it doesn't seem bad if weak attacks have gone away. Maybe they've made tournaments easier? Hahahahaha why would they do that? Then people would spend less money on them!

If the tournaments have been made easier it would make me like TL more... so I hope so, but not optimistic just based on past history. The evolution times drastically changing to be not just somewhat worse but WAY worse has made me very skeptical, among other things.
    I doubt they have been made easier lol. But yeah, I 100% agree that pretty much every change they make to the game is to try to get us to spend more money on it, by making it more frustrating for us to try to progress in the game without spending.

Anyway, yes, just listing your results is a GREAT help! There are enough of us crazy enough to actually enjoy the analysis of your and others' data that any data put out there is great.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast