Thread: suggestion regarding overpopulation crisis

suggestion regarding overpopulation crisis

hello,
    im one of the many who have been playing for a while and have 30+ eggs in storage, maxed habitats, stable at capacity, sold all my doubles, spent an embarassing amount upgrading to 4-dragon habitats... and still have zero space for a new dragon. I agree that it seems "not fun" to reach this point and be unable to make new dragons, esp when the new ones come out in droves but habitat increase is meager. Im curious to find out why this is. in the mean time, heres my suggestion:

Make it so the single-dragon diamond habitats dont count toward the cap. that way, those of us lucky enough to finally get the 88-hr egg we have been trying for wont cost us two other dragons' homes. also, it wont bear the pain of having to trash the 40 (really 80) i just spent on my second anubis.

Rhino Keeper
    I agree. I feel like players have had a lot of fantastic ideas on the Habitats thread, but we don't even know if we are being heard! Android has no voice now, I wonder how long it will be before TL bans players from asking for habitats and solutions to the overpopulation crisis.

I quoted a response from Jim23Cash on the habitats thread because Ithink she has had some wonderful ideas that seem like they would do much to alleviate the situation. The bold parts are what I highlighted from her post. I also removed some of it because it was a very long response, but I think everyone (including TL staff) should read her suggestions in full on that board.

Quote Originally Posted by jim23cash View Post
    I can't believe that TL is just ignoring our questions, and releasing more Dragons!!!

I don't care about animated Dragons. As far as I am concerned, they can all sit quietly in their habitats unless we select the habitat, then they can perform! We can probably see them better that way, as right now they resemble a mosh pit, with so much going on, I can't even tell who is where.
    I am going to ask again for you to consider storage of habitats and Dragons. Guaranteed, I would buy some of the special habitats if I had storage for some of my Dragons and habitats. That's more gold I would spend, so I could personalize the decor of my island. I would also buy more decor, especially well made items like for the Egypt and Space events. I'm sure a lot of players would like more decorations, especially for holidays and world events. If we had room, and you offered a range of decorative items during world events, I think lots of us would like to do more "timely" decorating. I would also like to store some of my Dragons on a "Semi-permanent" basis, but be able to access them for breeding and battling. The storage needs to be more flexible than the stable, maybe with a "swap" or "Trade places with" function. Being able to store Dragons and habitats freely and easily would reduce the need for habitat increases so often, the need for more space to put them, and reduce animation issues!
    How about a "Nursery" type habitat, larger than the regular ones, able to hold: - say 10 babies before level 4. That way, we could still breed, hatch, get credit for making goals, and move babies off nests so we aren't stuck. Then after evolving them to level 4, they would need to go into a regular habitat.
    Make it possible to move Dragons from crafting in spell shop to storage. Make it possible to purchase Dragons into storage. Make it possible to purchase habitats into storage. Those of us that are maxed out are constantly missing out on purchasing Dragons or habitats when they go on sale. We miss out on limited time breeding because our nests are full. We don't get to participate fully in the world events.
    There have been so many good ideas posted by players on this thread, and it doesn't feel like anyone is listening. How about some feedback occasionally? Let us know you actually read our ideas, and will consider them (or not).

PROPOSED CHALLENGE FOR TL: Fit all ~400 or so Dragons into 104 habitats on Stormies Island!
    Walk your talk, TL. Show us how it can be done.

And when you realize how difficult it is even if you do everything perfectly, have a little mercy on us and give us a habitat increase! Please!
    Thank you, Annie
    Also, I would love Stormie's island to try her challenge for a week!
    Last edited by redstar177; 11-11-14 at 01:25 PM.

391 now, plus 19 in arctic. assuming you didnt spend $ on the gold-giving ones, and stabled a dino, a diamond and an infinity to maximize habitat space, a player would still have to upgrade about 70 habitats to 4-bedroom to hold them all. even on sale, thats an AWFUL lot of real money. im pretty sure i could add another room to my own habitat for that much.
    Last edited by mcgoohoo; 11-11-14 at 01:08 PM.