Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New items in the studio

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bss18974 View Post
    Are they nuts?

The cotton takes 5 and a half hours to mature

The cotton yarn takes 5 hours to craft

The sweater takes 6 hrs 15 min to make...

Watch us start getting delivery/train orders for 5 of these.

I don't know what they're thinking...
    It's annoying. My hot air balloon asked me for four pears this morning. Trees just came out last evening. How the heck am I supposed to provide items thst haven't even been able to fully grow? Today I also for delivery requests for the yarn, the pear pizza and juice. Beyond stupid. This game is trying to get on my bad side.

Quote Originally Posted by ciarjen View Post

You need 2 of these yarn (craft time 10 hours) to make the sweater which you have to craft for 6hrs 15 mins. That's a total 16hr 15 mins that your Studio will be tied up making one item. It will be interesting to see what the sweater sells for and I would guess it would in no way compensate for the loss of profit from the Studio in those 16+hours and the loss of profit from your plots.

The yarn needs cotton which you are going to need 6 plots for and it will take about 5 hours. If you were growing flax, for example, in 5 hours you grow 60 plants and sell them for 1260 coins - all pure profit.
    Sweater sells for 392 coins max and Yarn sells for 178 coins max
    Cotton is 49 each max price

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ella012 View Post
    Sweater sells for 392 coins max and Yarn sells for 178 coins max
    Cotton is 49 each max price

Thanks Ella, that's as I thought it would be, in line with similar types of complicated, long craft items.

Use 6 plots for 5.5 hours and the Studio for 16 hours to grow cotton and make a sweater and you will make a profit of 392 coins.

Or grow flax in 6 plots for 5.5 hours and make 1386 coins in profit and use the Studio for 16 hours to craft 8 linen flours and make 168 net profit (each flower sells for 101 but needs 2 flax/1 wool which cost 80, net profit 21 coins). Total profit using the same amount of resources and hours is 1554 coins compared to 392 for the sweater.
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Grand Emperor
    Something is obviously wrong with the price of yarn and sweater. Is there a mistake TL?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by rynetory2 View Post
    Something is obviously wrong with the price of yarn and sweater. Is there a mistake TL?

I would say No. It is in line with all other similar items and how the game is set up in general.

The most profitble items are the simple, quick recipes using a basic ingredients. The more complicated a recipe, in that you need to have several ingredients which also have to be crafted, the more profit you lose on what you could have been making in those resource buildings.

I rarely make the high value items because it is cheaper to buy them at max price in the market rather than make them and lose the profit on what I could have been making instead.

I've grown cotton overnight (btw it looks great!)because when I am sleeping it is the most profitible crop to use. I've sold it in batches of 3 but during the day I will use my plots for shorter crops when I have opportunity to harvest regularly. I am sure we will start to see the yarn/sweaters appearing in the market soon and I will be buying them for deliveries.
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Executive Chef
    Duplicate post

Executive Chef
    When we complain enough and Clarjen breaks the numbers down and how things don't add up, we sometimes get a manager in to fix the prices. So we just have to let them know of our grips. I have 8 pieces of yarn going in my studios right now. Between the time the cotton takes, the pears being two days, and my being asked for those items over and over again its a pest.

Grand Emperor
    No one will be selling these items at this ridiculous price! Dessert pizza sells for more yet takes 5 hours to make.

TL - Pls look into adjusting the price

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by orleansparish View Post
    When we complain enough and Clarjen breaks the numbers down and how things don't add up, we sometimes get a manager in to fix the prices. So we just have to let them know of our grips. I have 8 pieces of yarn going in my studios right now. Between the time the cotton takes, the pears being two days, and my being asked for those items over and over again its a pest.
    Quote Originally Posted by rynetory2 View Post
    No one will be selling these items at this ridiculous price! Dessert pizza sells for more yet takes 5 hours to make.

TL - Pls look into adjusting the price

I would love to see prices adjusted of many items but I can't see it happening because I think the game is deliberately designed to be this way.

When the cornstarch was released I broke down the numbers here on the forum and appealed to them, more than once, to review the prices or cut the crafting time but they didn't. And cornstarch affects a number of items as it is an ingredient.

Every time you make a packet of cornstarch you are losing a potential profit of 133 coins in your windmill.

Cornstarch needs 4 corn @ 7=28, sells for 45, net profit = 17
    Flour needs 2 wheat @ 3 = 6, sells for 31, net profit = 25

You can make 6 flour in the time it takes to make cornstarch, so that is a net profit of 150 versus 17 for the time spent in the windmill. Loss of profit is 133 if you make cornstarch.

Even if you craft 15 minute flour overnight you will still be making more profit than if you are crafting cornstarch.

The cobbler and the pudding both need two cornstarches, so you are down 266 coins even before you start making them. There there is the other ingredients that they need......I could go on and on with this stuff.........but really the bottom line is that it is cheaper to buy a lot of items at full price than to make them.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by ciarjen View Post
    I would love to see prices adjusted of many items but I can't see it happening because I think the game is deliberately designed to be this way.

When the cornstarch was released I broke down the numbers here on the forum and appealed to them, more than once, to review the prices or cut the crafting time but they didn't. And cornstarch affects a number of items as it is an ingredient.

Every time you make a packet of cornstarch you are losing a potential profit of 133 coins in your windmill.

Cornstarch needs 4 corn @ 7=28, sells for 45, net profit = 17
    Flour needs 2 wheat @ 3 = 6, sells for 31, net profit = 25

You can make 6 flour in the time it takes to make cornstarch, so that is a net profit of 150 versus 17 for the time spent in the windmill. Loss of profit is 133 if you make cornstarch.

Even if you craft 15 minute flour overnight you will still be making more profit than if you are crafting cornstarch.

The cobbler and the pudding both need two cornstarches, so you are down 266 coins even before you start making them. There there is the other ingredients that they need......I could go on and on with this stuff.........but really the bottom line is that it is cheaper to buy a lot of items at full price than to make them.
    To ciarjen, TL did adjust the prices previously for several long hours items in another thread. That's why I'm asking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12