Thread: Massacre Cup: Reign of the Strawberry Blond Massacre

New Resident

Massacre Cup: Reign of the Strawberry Blond Massacre

Greetings, my minions. After an extended absence of the previous host and an unresolved competition, we (previous winners/hosts and myself) have decided to resume the Cup. The Massacre Cup will encompass nine (9) of the Storm8 games {Kingdoms Live, iMobsters, World War, Racing Live, Vampires Live, Zombies Live, Rock Battle Live, Ninjas Live, Pets Live} and exclude the 10th Storm8 game {CannonBall} per usual. For those of you who are new to the Massacre Cups, there will be a brief explanation of the history and purpose of it. For those who are returning competitors, I forewarn you now that there have been changes and that there will be wild cards.

Massacre Cup History:

Several years ago, a lone player became dissatisfied with the direction of the games. Instead of attacking and ****ing, there was camping and hiding. Instead of battles, there was peace. Activity within the games was dying. This player took it upon himself to reverse this downward spiral and bring life back into the games through a one-day competition. This competition was aptly named the Massacre Cup. The goal was simple yet profound: cause as much mayhem through whatever means available to stop the camping and resume the fighting. He demanded the tents be burned, the weapons be sharpened, and the blood be spilled. Over the years, every few months, another Massacre was held, eventually being stretched over three days instead of the original one.
    Each Cup winner has been obligated to host the next Cup, organizing and promoting it in timely fashion. Always must each host keep in mind the original intent and goal of the Massacre creator. This newest Cup will be coordinated with this in mind. Mayhem, mischief, malarkey, and mass murder (of the figurative gaming sense) of the most barbaric and/or creative ways will be strongly encouraged and highly rewarded. Prepare yourselves!

Massacre Cup Entry:

For those of you bloodthirsty souls who wish to enter, please follow these steps. If you do not, your application for competing will not be confirmed which will result in your entry being void. Save yourselves (and myself) the hassle of improperly applying by reading the instructions carefully and following them explicitly.

1. Post a comment/reply on this thread with two (2) things
    a. Your intention to enter/compete
    b. What game(s) you wish to compete through
    2. Add my account to whichever account in whatever game(s) it is(they are) that you're competing with
    S8 ID: Kikara
    e.g. If you are competing through a Kingdoms Live account, you would go to the recruit tab and enter "Kikara" into the S8 ID slot.
    3. Private message me on here with your game name so that I know who you are and which account(s) is(are) yours, and I will provide you with the next steps.
    4. This will only be provided through a private message after the completion of steps 1-3
    *Notice: It is imperative that all interested parties post their intent to participate on this forum as this is how Storm8 notates and validates the competition for awarding the prizes. In plain English, if you want Storm8 to give you your prize, follow the steps!

Massacre Cup Dates, Guidelines, Regulations:

1. This Cup will commence January 5, 2015 at 7:00 am CST. It will end on January 12, 2015 at 11:59 pm CST. You may choose any three (3) consecutive days to show your gaming prowess and bloodthirsty ways.
    2. This competition, while encouraging many things considered brutal, is intended to be fun and, to an extent, friendly. Keep this in mind while competing. Do not violate Storm8's TOS or behave in any way deemed unsportsmanlike. The Cup host and Storm8 reserve the right to define what is a TOS violation and/or what is unsportsmanlike conduct.
    *Be warned that TOS violation can result in loss of points or disqualification and expulsion from the current Cup. Action will be determined after consideration of which TOS was violated.
    *Be further warned that unsportsmanlike conduct can result in loss of points or disqualification and expulsion from the current cup. Action will be determined after consideration of conduct, extenuating circumstances, and any further behavior from parties involved.
    3. While it is understood that glitching (LTG) has become commonplace, it is harshly discouraged. The Cup host reserves the right to bar any glitched account from competing at her discretion. (This will be especially true for those entering the competition with a World War account.)
    4. You must post a starting screenshot (SS) before beginning your three (3) days of competing and at each twenty-four (24) hour interval. Why? Simple, to track your points earned and award bonuses. If you don't want to win, feel free to never post an SS.
    *There will be an allowance of up to one (1) hour given for each SS except the first SS. The first SS determines when you start and when each following SS should be expected.
    *Step 4 under the "Entry" section will explain how you will send screenshots.
    *If, on the off-chance, you are on one of those rare Droids that still do not allow screenshots, please let me know in a private message so that we can work out exactly how it will be handled. Do not just assume that it will be fixed after you compete.
    5. You may only enter one (1) account per game for the competition, but only the account with the highest score will be counted. Yes, this is different than previous Cups. This potentially gives you up to nine (9) chances to win the Cup.
    *Each account must have four (4) accompanying SS.
    *You cannot use a different account for each day. Each account must compete for the three (3) consecutive days.
    e.g. If you enter all nine (9) games, then I must receive a starting SS of the profile of each account before each account begins its three (3) days and at the close of each twenty-four (24) hours. Quick math for you numbers-challenged individuals: that is up to thirty-six (36) SS you must post of your account profiles alone. You cannot SS a World War account for your starting SS, then post a SS from any other account for any of the twenty-four (24) hour mark SS. Furthermore, you cannot SS a Ninjas Live account then post any other Ninjas Live SS from a different Ninjas Live account.
    6. There is no level restriction to entering the Cup, but do keep in mind that the lower level you are than the harder to win it will be. Not impossible but definitely improbable. If you think you can win with a low level, feel free to be the underdog that amazes the world.
    7. A total of five (5) missions will be allowed each day. After those five (5), there will be a penalty.
    *There is a 50 point penalty for each mission completed after the allowed five (5).
    8. The player that wins this Massacre Cup will be required to organize and host the next Massacre Cup in a timely fashion.
    9. There will be several bonuses and wild cards. Don't miss the chance to earn extra points!
    10. The Cup host reserves the right to change anything that has been posted in regards to the competition at any time without warning. The Cup host will attempt to alert the competitors of any changes but states that the responsibility rest on the entrants to be aware and stay aware of all Cup information as is posted on this forum thread.

**Yes, this is a lot of information to read. Don't handicap yourself by ignoring any of it. Also, if any of it confuses you or if you're just not sure, please private message me as I will be happy to explain it to you.

Massacre Cup Points and Prizes:

(((Deaths*3+****s)2+(Exp^2-Mission Penalty))/(Wins+Losses))+Bonuses

Confusing? Fear not. You don't have to do the math, just I, your host. All you need worry about is going out and causing as much carnage as possible in game.

Quick Reference:
    Gaining Points- Deaths, ****s, experience, wins, bonuses, wild cards
    Losing Points- Losses and missions {after the daily five (5)}

*Per Storm8's generosity (no comments, my darling players!), these are the prizes:

First Place- 800 points (Honor, Favor, Legend, etc.)
    Second Place- 300 points (Honor, Favor, Legend, etc.)
    Third Place- 140 points (Honor, Favor, Legend, etc.)

Massacre Cup Bonuses and Wild Cards:

*All bonuses will be awarded only through screenshot proof.

Recruitment Bonus- defined as recruiting other players to compete in the Massacre Cup {The player must name you specifically as the recruiter and not through an ad posted by you.}
    ~This bonus begins once you officially enter the Massacre Cup.
    ~50 points per recruit
    Cherry Popper Bonus- defined as finding accounts with zero (0) deaths, sanctioning/hitlisting/etc. them to give them their first death, and posting SS of the before/after death count in a private message to the host.
    ~This is a graded bonus. The higher the level of the account with no deaths, the more bonus points it is worth.
    ~1-10 points per cherry pop depending on level of account
    Global Bonus- defined as receiving two hundred (200) deaths within a twenty-four (24) hour period
    ~75 points per global, 25 bonus points if globalled all 3 days
    Death Threat Bonus- defined as a threat made to the contestant by another player (a non-contestant) threatening the contestant's life
    ~20 points per death threat
    Bodily Harm Threat Bonus- defined as a threat made to the contestant by another player (a non-contestant) threatening harm of any kind (but not death) to the contestant's person
    ~15 points per bodily harm threat
    Clan Link Bonus- defined as having several players' accounts from a single Clan (Family, etc.) link your account in response to actions taken against their Clan (Family, etc.)
    ~10-25 points per Clan depending on how many links from each clan
    Wit Bonus- defined as leaving a comment on another player's wall (non-contestant) that showcases witty banter {in other words, intelligent smack talk}
    ~Any comment that violates TOS or that is unsportsmanlike will not qualify for this bonus. No vulgarity or profanity!
    ~10-20 points depending on the level of wit
    Wild cards- defined as anything outside of the aforementioned bonuses that impresses the host (e.g. game art, singing, etc.). Simply put, figure out what the Cup host likes and cater to it. Amaze me!
    ~Yes, the Wild Cards can be highly subjective. That is why they are Wild Cards. No, the Cup host is not concerned with your opinion regarding the fairness of the Wild Cards. Yes, the Cup host will be exceptionally picky about Wild Card submissions. No, Wild Cards will not be easily earned.
    ~15-50 points per Wild Card bonus

May the shenanigans commence!

Winner Announcement

First Place Fae
    Second Place Omen
    Third Place Jeebus

Congratulations!
    Last edited by Kikara; 01-17-15 at 11:20 AM.

New Resident
    What massacre would be complete without a little Fae? None. That's the answer. Count me in. Vamps. Maybe will take another go with ww. 32767 traaaamp stamp here we gooo!

Now I know the commenting on the thread part is never Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	16474the anticipated bit. For those who have not been on the forums before, your username is your storm8 ID. So... If you don't want to reveal your storm8 ID, do what I did. Create a new account and enter in the storm8 ID you want. And voila. Toss the account to the side, but remember to set up a password so you can access the forums again later.

New Resident

Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by fae___ View Post
    What massacre would be complete without a little Fae? None. That's the answer. Count me in. Vamps. Maybe will take another go with ww. 32767 traaaamp stamp here we gooo!

Now I know the commenting on the thread part is never Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	16474the anticipated bit. For those who have not been on the forums before, your username is your storm8 ID. So... If you don't want to reveal your storm8 ID, do what I did. Create a new account and enter in the storm8 ID you want. And voila. Toss the account to the side, but remember to set up a password so you can access the forums again later.
    Sign me up. Cleaver ROD

New Resident

Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by smwbauer View Post
    Sign me up. Cleaver ROD
    zombies live

New Resident

Cool Game on!

Names crisp, Jeebus Crisp I like the massacre shaken not stirred. I will be competing for the game ninjas live! May the odds be only in my favor!

New Resident
    TD WarHorse, entering in WW only, added S8 ID, game name TD War

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by hh0005 View Post
    Names crisp, Jeebus Crisp I like the massacre shaken not stirred. I will be competing for the game ninjas live! May the odds be only in my favor!
    And this earned a Wild Card Bonus
    Last edited by Kikara; 01-17-15 at 10:33 AM.

New Resident
    Cherry Bomb, Zombie only, game name HellsBells