Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to make the best of having no unicorn

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by rjazz View Post
    Just go look at neighbors or visit community members who are higher up in the game. I think what you mainly want to do is have at least one of your highest level and/or a rare, super or ultra in each habitat. So that each habitat can produce as many coins as possible.
    People who are higher don't really follow this anymore - that's if they did in the first place. I visited Zenobia, but there's quite a few large dark/electric habitats there now, opposing the advice in the first post. Thanks for the tip though.
    | FFS ~ Level 101 || RS2 ~ Level 44 || BS2 ~ Level 26 |

Executive Chef
    Thanks so much Zenobia for all your helpful tips!!

I've managed to save 1 million coins in a few days! Now what to spend it on...habitats or food?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LonePudding View Post
    People who are higher don't really follow this anymore - that's if they did in the first place. I visited Zenobia, but there's quite a few large dark/electric habitats there now, opposing the advice in the first post. Thanks for the tip though.
    Maybe she had to go with big habitats because she ran out of room and not because of the coin factor. And I understand why once you hit a certain point and coins really aren't an issue because you have banked enough that these tips really wouldn't be relevant anymore. I am not having an issue leveling up, I'll be on level 36 today but coins and food are still an issue for me so I try to follow these tips, and they have helped a lot. Currently saving to expand to Treent, I need all the tips I can find.
    Last edited by sweetdeda; 04-09-15 at 03:05 AM.

Executive Chef
    Hi, guys! I just realized people had been posting in here. I will try to find some time this week to revise the advice based on the changes to the game since I first made it. But one question at least I can answer right now: I have all large habitats now. Because we actually have ROOM for them now which is glorious! And also, I don't have to worry about getting enough coins any more. I diteched almost all my duplicates to make room for a little bit of decoration. Let me tell you all - when you get to that point, it feels great!

Space is not as much of a premium now as it was way back when I started this thread. Those of us who started the game early, there was only the island we started on. Then they opened up the first blue island, the one where the baby lightning leopard mewls at us adorably until we expand to him. Actually, they opened up a few squared on that island then the leopard square a bit later. Anyway, they opened up the rest of that island and the final blue island. For months there were tons of level 40 players with only those islands available. AND expanding and clearing some of those plots cost over 2 million each. And many of us had to try to get that space with no unicorn.

Anyway, now there is the second green island and the purple islands. I am going to dig up the old expansion obstacles thread and put the total cost of each plot on it so everyone can see the cheapest way to expand. But in short:
    1) you need to get to the mine before you start having choices where to expand
    2) then you want to get to the lightning leopard as soon as possible. Follow the route along the left edge of the first blue island to get to him cheapest.
    3) then start opening up the green island to the south. And you might as well head straight for the Treent of Life. You've going to need to open at least 6 plots before you get to him.
    4) then the rest of the blue island the leopard was on.
    5) then I need to check whether the first purple island or the final blue island is cheaper. But if they are similar in price, I recommend the purple island before the final blue. The obstacles on the purple island only need 20 minutes to clear. The frozen obstacles require a day each once you've saved up the coin.
    Last edited by zenobia42; 04-10-15 at 09:01 AM.

Executive Chef
    If you visit my park it looks like it under construction lol. I'm saving for Treent so as I'm expanding I'm not clearing the obstacles. Looks pretty sad but I should be to Treent in just a couple more days!

Thank you! Want more!

This thread has been super helpful! For instance, knowing what level animal gives you the most return for your investment, and which specific animals require less food to achieve the same coin payouts. I wish I could find something like this for Dragon Story, so I could know how to best maximize my habitats and manage my dragons. I find DS much harder than FF!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetdeda View Post
    If you visit my park it looks like it under construction lol. I'm saving for Treent so as I'm expanding I'm not clearing the obstacles. Looks pretty sad but I should be to Treent in just a couple more days!
    How many coins do you have? I find it hard to stay over 1 million coins, so the Treent isnt really a realistic goal for me YET...
    Last edited by LonePudding; 04-16-15 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Typo

Executive Chef
    I don't understand the 'cheaper' expanding routes? Are you referring to the cost to expand + clearing the obstacles? Every expansion for me is 1 million coins no matter where...? It's always been that price for me; that led to me quitting back in October last year lol!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LonePudding View Post
    How many coins do you have? I find it hard to stay over 1 million coins, so the Treent is really a realistic goal for me YET...
    Right now I'm up to 8.5 million, had to buy a new habitat a couple days ago, set me back a bit from my goal. It seemed like for me I would never stay above a million, as soon as I would get there I would have to buy something. Once I moved animals around so my habitats weren't filling up as fast I started to see an increase. Now I bank over a million a day while still always spending on food. I hope soon I will reach a point where coin isn't an issue, like I know it isn't for a lot of the veteran players, I've only been playing since around valentines day.

Executive Chef
    Oh and as far as the cheaper expansions, yes she was referring to the cost to clear obstacles.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast