Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to make the best of having no unicorn

Host(ess)
    The pandas do work! I kept a herd of pandas until my super rares began coming in, and then I sold them off for greener pastures. Now, I'm saturated with super rares and waiting on my unicorn to finish breeding/hatching. This guide has helped so much! :3
    Avid FFS Player! Add me if you want, I'm always looking for neighbors!
    I'm a nursing student, huntress, and crazy cat lady!
    Crystal Unicorn bred 11/24/2014

Just found this thread yesterday. I couldn't figure out how to earn gems and would like to know more about that. I'm a Grandma who plays with my Grandaughter on iPad and have managed to get to level 29 but would really like to know how to get gems a lot of you suggestions are ones I didn't know so will do them. Thank you!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by 60something View Post
    Just found this thread yesterday. I couldn't figure out how to earn gems and would like to know more about that. I'm a Grandma who plays with my Grandaughter on iPad and have managed to get to level 29 but would really like to know how to get gems a lot of you suggestions are ones I didn't know so will do them. Thank you!
    You can gift gems to neighbors up to 3 a day
    And recieve almost 20 which rarley happen
    But find loyal neighbours or what i call a gem buddy to gift each other every day

Downloading the games ( when u recieve an add )
    U can get up to 75 gems if ist a new game

If u manage to breed a treasure animal
    U would get one a day

And some times there are goals that offer gems as a prize

U get a gem per achievement

And battle ground u get 9 during
    Amd 10 aftet hatching the animal

Other than that u need to buy gems
    Its quit hard to save gems as temptations are alot to spend

Rhino Keeper
    What unicorn are you reffing too?

Executive Chef
    Thank you! Very helpful.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbpluff View Post
    i'm trying to compile some things i've learned while going unicornless to help you out, but i did want to say right now that you've already helped me with your information quite a great deal! i've rearranged a few of my habitats and tomorrow morning i should be able to see how much difference it's made. ; v ;

this is going to be an incredibly important post and i hope everyone knows it!

edit: AH, I POSTED WITHOUT REFRESHING. i did not realize this was bumped somewhere else. i'm so sorry. but my feelings remain, even if my post is dumb.
    When you say you rearranged some of your habitats, are you able to move animals from one habitat to a different one?
    Thx

Oh wait I figured it out.
    Last edited by sweetdeda; 03-12-15 at 10:47 AM.

Executive Chef
    I hope someone sees this. Is there any currently following the habitat arrangement Zenobia suggested. I am trying but I'm more of a visual learner so I was wondering if there are any islands that I could have a look at?
    | FFS ~ Level 101 || RS2 ~ Level 44 || BS2 ~ Level 26 |

Rhino Keeper
    Just go look at neighbors or visit community members who are higher up in the game. I think what you mainly want to do is have at least one of your highest level and/or a rare, super or ultra in each habitat. So that each habitat can produce as many coins as possible.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    • I calculated the value of each type of habitat, big and small. It is WORTH the money to buy habitats that hold more. Every time a habitat fills with income, you are LOSING that income until you collect from it. Large nature, earth and water habitats >>> their small versions. And small dark & electrics > big anything else. Let?s take earth for example. A small earth?s capacity is 2300 coins. That means each of the 2 animals it holds produces on average 1,150 coins then stops unless you collect. But in a big earth habitat, each of the 3 animals produces 2,500 coins before the habitat fills - that?s TWICE as much!
    • So for your non-dark&electric creatures, you should have BIG habitats. But for dark and electric, not only do your animals make 5,000 & 6,500 coins respectively before their habitats fill, but per animal, the small is just as good as the big. This is especially good news considering that the game refuses to allow us enough expansions to get anywhere near 41 large habitats. I have 21 small, 19 big, and 1 grand (the haunted hollow) habitat. I have ZERO fire, nature, earth or water SMALL habitats. ALL my smalls are dark & electric (plus now the one gem). And of my large habitats, most are earth. Fire habitats fills so quickly that you should only have ONE (big) one, for your pyro pony and a couple fire hybrids you just like.
    • SPREAD the wealth. If you have 1 habitat with 3 super rares in it, 1 habitat with 3 rares, and 1 with 3 commons, you are losing money. The one with super rares will fill up and not only stop earning you income, but stop earning you your BEST income! I put all super rares, if possible, in a large habitat of their best habitat element (electric > dark > water > earth > nature > fire). Then with your highest-earning super rare, put in your 2 lowest-earning commons. Then your next best super and next worst 2 commons. Then when you run out of supers, all the rares together. Remember to plan ahead: if you have a level 3 cosmic phoenix, it earns only 419/hour. But still put low earners in with him, because when he grows up to level 10, he'll be earning 1,439/hour and you don't want that habitat to fill too quickly and lose your money! If you have high-earning super rare electrics and darks, you should have a few big electric/dark habitats like this for them.
    Zenobia, I just want to thank you for this thread and all you do for the players of this game. I found this thread shortly after starting the game 2 months and if not for all info in this thread I probably would have given up.
    I understood what you were saying about the habitats but until now when I'm saving to expand to Treent, I only watched putting too many super rares and rares together, I made some bad choices and really have been costing myself coin. Started to do some rearranging and boy what a difference it makes!

Thank you again for all the great info you provide!

Executive Chef
    And btw I really think this thread should have a sticky to keep it at that top, would be very helpful for new players to find.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast