Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Animated buildings

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by labsandboxers View Post
    I believe that we have a different design team now. Could be why there is no animation and some of the latest things are a bit out of proportion. Just my guess.
    Well as a graphic designer myself they've either hired badly or there is another reason. You don't hire someone that cannot do animations in online games these days. People expect the latest graphics after all you don't pay for these games for terrible graphics. I think I read somewhere that a thought was that the animations have been pulled back a bit because of the time it takes for some games to load. That may work against TL after a while if this is the reason.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleScorpion76 View Post
    No water on my faerie respite.
    Did you try rotating it? It looks like purple water is being poured.

Fashion Designer
    I just noticed this last night. The weather vane on top of the Level 5 Farmhouse slowly moves back and forth, but only if cleared.

I noticed it because I placed two side by side and saw one moving and the other wasn't. I tried to make the other move, which it did once I collected from it!

There seem to be many small animations like these in the old TL graphics. Smoke from buildings, bubbling barrels, sparks from working forges.

I see that smoke from the forges has been posted, but when working they glow and send out tiny sparks below the smokestack!

I thought I found them all but missed that tiny Farmhouse animation. These are the things I miss most from the old TL artist's items. Love the little ore carts on the mines.

Has anyone noticed that despite appearing identical, the regular dragons and the Mithril dragons when placed nose to nose on the diagonal, meet in a slightly different manner as well as throwing a bit of a different shadow?

And how awesome are the shadows? Has anyone noticed that when you rotate items and buildings the shadows line up correctly? For the most part? The tiny details are extraordinary!

I love the attention to the smallest detail that the original TL artists worked into the graphics. The cows chewing, the chickens pecking for food, and the changing facial expressions on the Dragons, Alicorns, and Manticores are precious! Sometimes It seems to me that their little chests move as if the animals are breathing. I have always speculated that the loss of the original animal artist might be the reason why they cannot be made to rotate in four directions. The details of the animals are so detailed, I can imagine that making them turn in two more directions and keeping the details would be extremely labor intensive, and more so if the original artist is not available.

I agree with the speculations others have made that the recent graphic additions to our kingdoms have the mark of a different artist than the original one, and we see it is the lack of detail and animation as well as the colors and size which makes them seem so out of place compared to the original CS graphics. Unfortunately the game players have no say in the artists TL hires to render the graphics in their games. Still, I feel a loss for the original artist amd the intricate details and animations that trigger depending upon their use status. I love that flags always blow in the same direction no matter which way you face the buildings That attention to detail makes CS stand out above other games for me.

I have to say that the latest building is a keeper and unlike most recent buildings and items fits perfectly in my Kingdom and in both size amd detail worked like gangbuster as a spooky building for Halloween, but it looks normal enough to fit in with the look I like to keep for my Kingdom. Whoever did the graphics on that one deserves a raise in my opinion!

I hope that TL continues to make this a trend and not a one time gift to players like me who feel compelled to hide anything that sits in green snot or has bright neon colors and is ten times bigger than it should be to fit with the rest of the decor. Really love the building and the decorations that dropped that were all in scale but the big caldron. If I had my druthers the caldron would take up one square and the smoke rising from it would be animated, possibly with an invisible hand stiring the pot, but considering the overall awesomeness of the Halloween graphics, I am well pleased!

Yes, I miss the tiny animations of long ago, but I understand that TL is a business and it is likely not worth hiring the highly s****ed artists that comtinuing to animate new graphics would require.

With the increasing requirements of devices that these Apps work on and the new iOS, I don't think that the excuse that they would load too slowly to make these small graphics available to everyone holds water anymore. Two years ago, yes it was likely. But now if someone owns a device that is fast enough to use these Apps, they will have the technology to download at speeds fast enough for the animations to work.

I keep wishing for an animation that makes my animals sneeze, and that we need to look for a cure! That would be awesome, like an allergy to the new plants, but then if the sneezes were cute I might not want to cure all of them.
    Last edited by 55lee55; 11-05-14 at 12:49 PM.

Fashion Designer
    I don't recall if anyone posted about it, and now that I am looking for these again, I just noticed that there is water that pours from your watering can!

While it is technically not a building, it is a cute little animation that I have seen probably hundreds of thousands of times, and never noticed the sprinkles!

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    One of my favourites (and I didn't notice it, someone posted this ages and ages ago)... But when your ruler goes fishing and she pulls out the fish, she has an enormous grin on her face. You have to zoom in a lot And look closely, but it's so nice and makes me smile every time! (Sorry it's not a building observation)

Farm Supplier
    Another detail that's easy to miss, is the sparkles on the surface of the ponds. It's very subtle, but it gives the illusion of water reflections. I don't notice it on my mermaid pond, but is also have it hidden in the trees. LOL.

Edited to add: Just noticed this was already added to the original list. Sorry for the repeat!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123