Thread: Bansheep - 2014 Oct 31

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by JeannesThinkin View Post
    Should I treat this as an limited?
    Yes it's Halloween themed
    Iam betting next update or the one after it would go limited

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SANDSCApe View Post
    But is Dumbpluff making an objective comparison or just going on a vague perception? (What exactly is "legit superstition"???)
    The person who buys 1000 gems and speeds through 500 hours of breeding and hatching in an evening cannot be compared to someone doing non-sped breeding for a day or even a week. We would have to compare the speeder's results to someone doing regular breeding for 3 weeks!
    If one condenses 21 days worth of breeding attempts into a single playing session, of course it will seem like fails are far more prevalent. Then again, if the speeder gets lucky, it may also be apparent that he/she is getting the desired breeds faster.
    What Dumbpluff meant is anybody's guess. But I think we are all on the right track, going after Bansheep now if we've already bred Frankenswine. Even if it doesn't sprout a timer, better safe than sorry.
    it's a 'vague perception,' if you want to go with your own wording. a lot of other users on this forum have recommended little bits of their own superstition. i put in mine based off of what i read. it was the only thing i had to go off of.

whether it's mathematically sound or not, i never knew and it wasn't particularly important to know. i was going by the concept that maybe it functioned the same way as the 'switch up the animal you're searching for for a round or two' bit that people have mentioned.

if speedbreeding has nothing to do with it as your spiel said above, then okay fine. i'm wrong. big deal. i don't have a chart of everyone's breeding to go off, so i'm sorry if it's caused anyone problems? if that's the case, ignore me and continue as you were, especially with the timers dropping down. i'll be keeping my thoughts to myself if i don't have the hard numbers to back it up from now on lmao.
    fantasy forest story
    aiming for a complete album!
    ~*~
    currently on-task: 119/124

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SANDSCApe View Post

On Satyr Sanctuary, Koala-Leopard booked 18 hours just minutes ago. Crossing my fingers here.
    Success! I just laid my Bansheep egg to nest.
    Now I'm back to breeding for Toucan's parents. (A 6-hour turtle will be stuck behind this egg. Bah)

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbpluff View Post
    it's a 'vague perception,' if you want to go with your own wording. a lot of other users on this forum have recommended little bits of their own superstition. i put in mine based off of what i read. it was the only thing i had to go off of.

whether it's mathematically sound or not, i never knew and it wasn't particularly important to know. i was going by the concept that maybe it functioned the same way as the 'switch up the animal you're searching for for a round or two' bit that people have mentioned.

if speedbreeding has nothing to do with it as your spiel said above, then okay fine. i'm wrong. big deal. i don't have a chart of everyone's breeding to go off, so i'm sorry if it's caused anyone problems? if that's the case, ignore me and continue as you were, especially with the timers dropping down. i'll be keeping my thoughts to myself if i don't have the hard numbers to back it up from now on lmao.
    Nothing wrong with conjecture. I have a need for clarity, so my "spiel" was a respectful attempt to sort out what you meant, especially since I had trouble figuring out what you were saying in your previous post, even after reading it several times. Sorry.

I also tend to dispel myths if I can, and "legit superstitions" can quickly turn into that. People believe what they want, and you're perfectly entitled and welcome to express any beliefs, suspicions, hunches and whatnot. But a proof-driven type like me may want to sort it out. I'm sure that's well within forum rules.

I got the Bansheep on both Forest Gump and Satyr Sanctuary without speeding, thank goodness. I'm not likely to return to this thread unless Vash-Naroom also bags the sheep, so best of luck to you and anyone else still trying, speed or no speed; timer or no timer.

Fashion Designer
    Seven tries so far for a bansheep gave me 3 super rares in less then one week, how crazy is that... I just hope that tomorrow we will not get a notice that bansheep is a limited animal please tl give us more time to breed it, it's not so easy with all those long fails!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sanya87 View Post
    Seven tries so far for a bansheep gave me 3 super rares in less then one week, how crazy is that... I just hope that tomorrow we will not get a notice that bansheep is a limited animal please tl give us more time to breed it, it's not so easy with all those long fails!
    Maybe just try the single elements that will probably work.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by my607 View Post
    Maybe just try the single elements that will probably work.
    Well last one I tried koala and leopard and got 23 hours. It's not single element but also there is no possibility to get anything besides dark electric. But I will stick to dark electric combinations cause like that at least I know I will not have too big difference between breeding time and waiting for an egg in the nest...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sanya87 View Post
    Well last one I tried koala and leopard and got 23 hours. It's not single element but also there is no possibility to get anything besides dark electric. But I will stick to dark electric combinations cause like that at least I know I will not have too big difference between breeding time and waiting for an egg in the nest...
    That sounds like a Zapra. Ok that's what I mean like kola and Skyger. I wished we had a trading system.

Farm Supplier
    Ahahahahaha... I finally got one! After trying since this thing was released, and a recent streak of three 18 hour breeds in a row, the first two which turned out to be Elephantoms, I FINALLY got one!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by my607 View Post
    That sounds like a Zapra. Ok that's what I mean like kola and Skyger. I wished we had a trading system.
    Yep it is zapra, my second one so I would prefer bansheep instead... I doubt we will have it honestly, it would make things too easy so tl wouldn't have any use of it...

BunnieMix congrats!