Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Bansheep - 2014 Oct 31

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbpluff View Post
    it's starting to feel like forwarding the breeding time ahead ensures the animal you don't want. at least for these two. i know that makes no sense, game-wise, but i think i've only read one post where someone said that they waited through and it was the animal they wanted. everyone else is having problems speed breeding.

again, i seriously doubt they could do any sort of coding with that, but it's at least legit superstition. 8|a
    What????
    What on earth are you trying to say here? Are you saying that speed-breeding contributes to failures? Or that waiting it out mostly results in failures? You seem to be saying both, although NEITHER makes sense to me.

When you tap the breed button and get a timer, the specific breed is already set. One 18-hour animal cannot turn into another. The success or failure is apparent as soon as you get the timer in most cases. For speed breeders, failure is usually a foregone conclusion; they KNOW that what they are speeding out of the Garden is something they don't want. They are speeding their unwanted breeds to have an immediate opportunity to try again.

In this particular case, there are two animals with the same parentage and breeding time, but that only presents the question of whether one is speeding a Bansheep or an Elephantom. Whichever it is, the decision to speed or wait cannot possibly change it. The system cannot read your mind. After all, you may be TRYING to get an Elephantom or even the Koala.
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SANDSCApe View Post
    I guess having a Tree Of Life that loves to produce supers is not always such a good thing. LOL. Sometimes I wish I had such problems. Only sometimes. Thankfully I'm not likely to have a blocking Zapra; although, like you, I had just put my first Zapra to nest when Razorback came out.

On Satyr Sanctuary, Koala-Leopard booked 18 hours just minutes ago. Crossing my fingers here.
    On Vash-Naroom, Skyger-Leopard just booked 23 hours. LOL. That's okay; it will be her first Zapra.
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Fashion Designer
    tried for a bansheep with the combination suggested on forum elephanthom + arboar and got hyppogryph. can't complain since i didn't have it and now i actually have all the electric super rares i will try again few times with the same combination, cause there is a small chance of getting a porkupine and sea horse as a "fail". well however good luck to everyone who is trying to get that sheep, hope we will have some luck before it goes!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SANDSCApe View Post
    What????
    What on earth are you trying to say here? Are you saying that speed-breeding contributes to failures? Or that waiting it out mostly results in failures? You seem to be saying both, although NEITHER makes sense to me.

When you tap the breed button and get a timer, the specific breed is already set. One 18-hour animal cannot turn into another. The success or failure is apparent as soon as you get the timer in most cases. For speed breeders, failure is usually a foregone conclusion; they KNOW that what they are speeding out of the Garden is something they don't want. They are speeding their unwanted breeds to have an immediate opportunity to try again.

In this particular case, there are two animals with the same parentage and breeding time, but that only presents the question of whether one is speeding a Bansheep or an Elephantom. Whichever it is, the decision to speed or wait cannot possibly change it. The system cannot read your mind. After all, you may be TRYING to get an Elephantom or even the Koala.
    I took it to mean that people who regularly speed breed might have a higher rate of failure in general.... the reason why that would theoretically make sense is that more failures = more gems bought. I don't believe that's actually happening though.

I DO believe that the elephantom/bansheep have the same breeding time to encourage people to speed breed to find out what they got. Same with all the other times we've been seeing that happen recently. I think this sucks. Unfortunately if it results in more sales we'll see it happen a lot more.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sanya87 View Post
    tried for a bansheep with the combination suggested on forum elephanthom + arboar and got hyppogryph. can't complain since i didn't have it and now i actually have all the electric super rares i will try again few times with the same combination, cause there is a small chance of getting a porkupine and sea horse as a "fail". well however good luck to everyone who is trying to get that sheep, hope we will have some luck before it goes!
    Congrats on the hippogryph! I still don't have that one either, nor the golden lion. And I love the look of the hippogryph.

Fashion Designer
    thanks! i was really surprised to get it among all other possible combinations i love it too, together with zapra it's my favorite electric animal!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sanya87 View Post
    thanks! i was really surprised to get it among all other possible combinations i love it too, together with zapra it's my favorite electric animal!
    Congrats sanya

Rhino Keeper
    Should I treat this as an limited?
    ~Daily Fantasy Forest Story Player~
    Level 39
    Album: 44/81
    Currently Trying For: Treasure Toucan
    Super Rares and Ultra Rares

Vinotaur, Magmacore, Ancient Sloth, Vampire Cat, Skeletal Dragon, Yak-O-Lantern, Glacial Griffin, Ocean Owl, Hydro Yak, Sea Horse, Cosmic Phoenix, Aurora Pegasus, Frankenswine, Nightmare, Terrorier, Twilight Troll, Scarecrow

~Dragon Story Player~
    ON PARTIAL HIATUS
    Plays enough to breed, evolve, collect, battle dragons, send gold, and accept requests.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by JeannesThinkin View Post
    Should I treat this as an limited?
    Not sure, but a lot of us think you better should.
    🆔 Bambamstad

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by readysetgo888 View Post
    I took it to mean that people who regularly speed breed might have a higher rate of failure in general.... the reason why that would theoretically make sense is that more failures = more gems bought. I don't believe that's actually happening though.

I DO believe that the elephantom/bansheep have the same breeding time to encourage people to speed breed to find out what they got. Same with all the other times we've been seeing that happen recently. I think this sucks. Unfortunately if it results in more sales we'll see it happen a lot more.
    But is Dumbpluff making an objective comparison or just going on a vague perception? (What exactly is "legit superstition"???)
    The person who buys 1000 gems and speeds through 500 hours of breeding and hatching in an evening cannot be compared to someone doing non-sped breeding for a day or even a week. We would have to compare the speeder's results to someone doing regular breeding for 3 weeks!
    If one condenses 21 days worth of breeding attempts into a single playing session, of course it will seem like fails are far more prevalent. Then again, if the speeder gets lucky, it may also be apparent that he/she is getting the desired breeds faster.
    What Dumbpluff meant is anybody's guess. But I think we are all on the right track, going after Bansheep now if we've already bred Frankenswine. Even if it doesn't sprout a timer, better safe than sorry.
    Last edited by SANDSCApe; 11-09-14 at 12:44 PM.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast