Thread: I really think the community event counter is wrong

Executive Chef

I really think the community event counter is wrong

According to the counter, over the first 6 days of the event, we gathered 186 million candy corn (the amount required to win the first community prize). We probably all had level 1-2 haunted houses then, and have level 3-5s now. Also, a LOT of people bought jack-o-lanterns for yet more candy corn. And yet according to the counter, the rate we gathered per day in the first 6 days was 186/6 = 31 million candy per day.

In the 2.25 days since then, with our higher-level haunted halls and more jack-o-lanterns, we have gathered an additional 37 million TOTAL according to the prize counter. That is a rate of 16.5 million a day. Exactly HALF the rate it was BEFORE we increased our candy corn creation abilities.

I REALLY think the counter is wrong. I really don't think that we are only making HALF the candy corn we were for the first 6 days.

This apparent error is already causing people to get so discouraged they quit the game, according to the trick or treat thread. PLEASE correct it and at least give us a CHANCE to get the third goal. At the current rate the counter SAYS we are working, and if the 3rd goal is as much higher than the 2nd as the 2nd is to the 1st, it would take us 26 days to get there. That CAN'T be right. Especially considering how well the counter is moving in FFS and DS, towards reaching the third goal on the last day. Do you all REALLY want us to fail in CS? I honestly believe more people have actually purchased the jack-o-lantern here than bought the cauldron in FFS and whatever it is in DS. But we as a community, if we bought enough jack-o-lanterns to make the goal at the supposed rate, all purchased right now, and all collected from 3 times a day... we'd have go from a rate of 16.5 per day to 43.4 per day to reach the estimated third goal, which means buying 1.5 MILLION jack-o-lanterns. Is that REALLY how much you want to try to squeeze us? Because it's only going to squeeze us OUT. I really HAVE to think it's not an error and not a misguided attempt to get us to buy an insane number of jack-o-lanterns or other boosts.

PLEASE look into it and tell us the counter was broken (amybe when the ervers crashed???), and fix it so that we have a decent chance of making the third community goal, without purchasing 1.5 million jack-o-lanterns.

Rhino Keeper
    I support this thread. It is very weird quest. The numbers here in community prizes are almost impossible. i think people will be very discouraged if we fail to reach the third community prize..

Executive Chef
    I support checking into this as well. I bought three of the Jack-o-lanterns and have been collecting from them regularly. Something is either wrong with the counter or we just physically can't make that much candy corn. We've only gotten 10% towards the second prize in the last 24 hours. That doesn't seem quite right. Thanks for checking on this!
    Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. Close and personal friend of The Great Thuan.

Farm Supplier
    Yes, please check this out. It seems very strange.

Rhino Keeper
    I think it's starting to speed up. Almost 30%.

Executive Chef
    Indeed there's something wrong with the counter, Yesterday it took us 16 hours to get from 12% to 16% while today, I checked at 7:30 am it was 17% and now at 3:20 pm it is 30 % so in 8 hours we cut down 13%
    Now one might think it is the weekend hence everyone is playing, and the last update helped with the Candy corn, but still the numbers don't add up.
    TL please check these numbers! Still, we mustn't forget to thank you, again, for the wonderful event

Rhino Keeper
    I agree....counter is wrong

Banned
    The Community Prize has been updated and is currently at about 67 Million with 70% Completion on the Second Community Prize, you guys are all making great progress! Is anyone encountering any issues with viewing the current count?
    Last edited by DessertWolf; 10-27-14 at 04:13 PM.

Farm Supplier
    I can see the counter fine, and since the candy corn quests came out on Friday it's been going up more. I think people are just discouraged because we've made such slow progress and it sort of feels like we won't get to the last thing.