Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trick or Treat Adventure

Executive Chef

Trick or Treat Adventure

Let's talk trick-or-treating, shall we? lol
    Who recalls those youthful, giddy solitary nights of each year when Mom made you put on too many warm clothes underneath your cheap (or homemade) costume? You would sometimes don a crappy mask that made it impossible to see & always got too sweaty on the inside or you wore makeup that somehow ended up getting on every piece of clothing you had on that night. You carried a plastic pumpkin with a handle or a pillowcase or sometimes, even a paper bag. Sometimes you wore the wrong shoes, somehow forgetting from the previous year how much walking was involved in this endeavor. No matter what, *something* you wore always ended up hurting or being extremely uncomfortable.
    I know I remember those days, quite vividly!
    I also remember the excitement once returning home and dumping my plastic pumpkin or bag of booty from the night --- to investigate, count, separate, categorize, and compare with my fellow trick-or-treaters before deciding what to eat first. Sometimes it'd be something fun like glittery stickers or a spooky spider ring. Mostly it was individually wrapped pieces of delicious CANDY - jawbreakers, bubble gum, suckers, and every chocolate candy bar known to exist. Rarely, it'd be an apple or something homemade, like Rice Krispy treats (which Mom always made me throw away because, well a razor blade could be in that apple or the homemade stuff could be POISONED! lol). Even more rarely, it'd be something dreadfully useful, like a pencil or other school supplies or even worse - a toothbrush or dental floss. *shove aside, lol*

This is what I *don't* remember ..... walking up to somebody's house in my (awesome! lol) costume, ringing the doorbell, yelling "trick or treat!" while shoving my bag in their faces....and being handed COAL (isn't that just a joke, for bad kids at CHRISTMAS!?) or TRUFFLES (had no clue what those were, as a kid -- are they chocolate bon-bons? lol) or JEWELS (my mama wishes! lol).
    Granted, the coal can be turned into jewels for those with the 4th knowledge shard, which helps with making tiaras but then why doesn't the adventure also drop fur, silver or other ingredients required for the other costumes? That just seems randomly, nonsensically biased. lol
    Truffles...really? Aren't most players always maxed on those and even if they're not, what are they good for, besides feeding the baron and more importantly - How do they help with this event???
    In addition to the parchment bats & ghosts and candy corn (which, btw, is NOT like a jelly bean, lol, totally different consistency), I would think that we'd get other sweet stuff, too. I realize this event is for players as low as level 15, so of course that takes out any chance for candy bon bons or teacakes to drop...and jeez, I suppose that also takes out CHOCOLATE too (that menu item doesn't become available until level 20-something, right?), but there are at least a couple of other things that could (& should) be dropping that are relevant to trick-or-treating and available to level 15 players otherwise.... Apples, a GOLDEN apple!, glimmerdust, creepy teeth, bones and most importantly ---SUGAR!!!
    You'd also think the adventure would give a better energy return than 0 or 3, too. Meh.

In the end (& my point, finally lol) ..All I know is if I was ever allowed to go out trick-or-treating for EIGHT WHOLE HOURS (good lord, can you imagine?? lol), you can bet that I would come home with *A LOTTTTTT* more than these 3 lil "goblins" are bringing back to my queendom! What a sad, sad haul. I woulda cried til Christmas if that's all I managed to get, as a kid.
    Ivy's right; my "princess", "witch" and "fangbeast" need to be saying "TRICK OR TREAT!!!!" with just a little more enthusiasm! lol

Another thing - during the Pyre Festival, sunstones weren't gathered from a special sunstone-only adventure; they could be obtained from most of the regular adventures, which also made it possible to get them from the barracks. Whyyyyy isn't the trick-or-treat adventure available in the barracks???

Annnnd another thing, lol... my adventure #16 is currently out (3/day + 2 on event start date) and I've yet to get a single special crate with a hayride, spooky scarecrow or anything else...and some already have 2+ of each! Wahhhh, lol

So, has anyone else gotten better (or different) adventure drops than truffles or coal with their bats, ghosts & candy corn???

~EDIT: ADDITIONS~

*REPORTED DROPS*
    Parchment Bats & Ghosts (1-7)
    Candy Corn (up to 40)
    Energy (0-24)
    Coal
    Truffles
    Jewels
    Silver
    Hide
    Fur
    Mermaid scales
    Ivy's Hot Sauce
    Fancy Beam
    Fancy Block
    Prime Cuts
    Wisp Lantern

*SPECIAL CRATE BOXES*
    Hayride
    Spooky Scarecrow

*pix courtesy of Kooky Panda*

Sorry, NOT accepting new neighbors, can hardly keep up with the demanding ones I currently have, lol. *kiss*
    ~⚔Thuakie Sword Society⚔, Founder ~
    Last edited by NorthWoodsKingdom; 10-24-14 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Adding reported drops

I'm just getting the bats, ghosts, candy corn & occasional energy. Maybe gotten coal, I don't remember. I don't know how many adventures I've done but today will be the first day I'll most likely only have completed 2 since I overslept this morning. That 8 hr or so turn around finally got to me.
    And I haven't gotten a single crate with an extra "goody" either. So we're in the same boat there.

Sugar as an additional drop would have been great since Rudy has completely quit dropping that for me. He has been dropping fur or ice cream more often than not. I don't think I've gotten sugar from him in maybe 2 weeks. Guess I'll have to hold back on that special hay I've been feeding him...lol.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Rhino Keeper
    Iknow,rite!! I remember coming back from trick or treating with sticky fingers, ravaging some neighbors kids house with piles of sorted candies all over their living room floor. A gaggle of us bouncing off the walls on a sugar high with greasepaint and plastic costumes all over everything.

Energy is key in this event, adventures coming back w/ 5-6 energys is pretty much lame. An awesome playing experience is when *occasionally* I can be totally wrapped up in the game for a longer than the normal amount of time. Instead of just clearing the nessetities in ~5 minutes each morning, it would be rad to *occasionally*grant enought energy to keep it going for say, 20+minutes of tapping fun.

I do really appreciate that needed items were evenly spread in workshop, forge and potion shop......a trade in the exchange for ghosts and bats would be perfect....cause who doesn't like a trade ticket! The materials needed for this challenge sure put a hold on most of the current trades, but let's see what next Thursday holds!

I have 2 accounts, one at lv 40 something, one at lv 15. Low level players always need sap and glimmerdust.
    Higher levels are running out of silver. I can't imaging sending out 3 trades a day w/o 2 deep mines.....that must be impossible. And yeah, I bet they would love a golden apple.....or some lanterns to light the way my higher level game would love a bonbon, or perhaps a......Dark Item!

Halloween is the best, and this challenge is super fun....I can't wait to get the witchy cauldron! And the lv5 hall is very intricate and fits right in the game design......Thanks TL<3
    Last edited by reliquary; 10-21-14 at 11:59 PM. Reason: The great Huan made me do it
    Mary of The Reliquary, collector ov ancient electronic relics.
    ⚔ TEOTU Thuakie Coyote, Sword #24 ⚔

🌞🌹🌻from "that" part of CA Bay Area full of year round sunshine, surf, ancient redwoods and strawberries🌻🌹🌞

Executive Chef
    We weren't allowed to have chewing gum growing up, so my folks would take it when we got back. I think they kept it for themselves! The lady across the street would give out nickels, so she was special! Nickels! And once the bottom of my paper grocery bag melted away after hours of being dragged across dew soaked lawns and my candy went all over and I lost it all. I screamed sooo loud! It was a child sized tragedy, I tell ya!

Twice yesterday I got no energy back, which made me grumbly, and I don't understand why we don't get other things in the adventures as well. How about some money? In general, I'm loving this event, but there are some improvements I'd like. Animations would be good, and what NW said about the adventures.
    Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. Close and personal friend of The Great Thuan.

Fashion Designer
    I was lucky and got 15 energy this morning and I think I got silver once. I tend to be focused on figuring out the quantities of the bats and ghosts but I will try to pay closer attention. Yesterday I got a total of 7 bats/ghosts in 1 trip which was very cool. No special crates from 11 or 12 adventures.

Executive Chef
    The random drops from the adventure I've gotten include 1-2: coal, silver, hide, mermaid scales, and I think a truffle but I'm maxed on those of course. I usually get 30 or 33 candy corn but once I got 40! And 1-4 bats & ghosts of course. More bats than ghosts. I average about 3 bats and 2 ghosts per adventure. And usually 3-6 energy.

Executive Chef
    I've had one hayride cart from 15 adventures. I remember seeing a bit of coal once and a spicy sauce and maybe a fur but other than that nothing memorable. Energy seems to vary from none to 15.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post
    Let's talk trick-or-treating, shall we? lol
    Who recalls those youthful, giddy solitary nights of each year when Mom made you put on too many warm clothes underneath your cheap (or homemade) costume? You would sometimes don a crappy mask that made it impossible to see & always got too sweaty on the inside or you wore makeup that somehow ended up getting on every piece of clothing you had on that night. You carried a plastic pumpkin with a handle or a pillowcase or sometimes, even a paper bag. Sometimes you wore the wrong shoes, somehow forgetting from the previous year how much walking was involved in this endeavor. No matter what, *something* you wore always ended up hurting or being extremely uncomfortable.
    I know I remember those days, quite vividly!
    I also remember the excitement once returning home and dumping my plastic pumpkin or bag of booty from the night --- to investigate, count, separate, categorize, and compare with my fellow trick-or-treaters before deciding what to eat first. Sometimes it'd be something fun like glittery stickers or a spooky spider ring. Mostly it was individually wrapped pieces of delicious CANDY - jawbreakers, bubble gum, suckers, and every chocolate candy bar known to exist. Rarely, it'd be an apple or something homemade, like Rice Krispy treats (which Mom always made me throw away because, well a razor blade could be in that apple or the homemade stuff could be POISONED! lol). Even more rarely, it'd be something dreadfully useful, like a pencil or other school supplies or even worse - a toothbrush or dental floss. *shove aside, lol*

This is what I *don't* remember ..... walking up to somebody's house in my (awesome! lol) costume, ringing the doorbell, yelling "trick or treat!" while shoving my bag in their faces....and being handed COAL (isn't that just a joke, for bad kids at CHRISTMAS!?) or TRUFFLES (had no clue what those were, as a kid -- are they chocolate bon-bons? lol) or JEWELS (my mama wishes! lol).
    Granted, the coal can be turned into jewels for those with the 4th knowledge shard, which helps with making tiaras but then why doesn't the adventure also drop fur, silver or other ingredients required for the other costumes? That just seems randomly, nonsensically biased. lol
    Truffles...really? Aren't most players always maxed on those and even if they're not, what are they good for, besides feeding the baron and more importantly - How do they help with this event???
    In addition to the parchment bats & ghosts and candy corn (which, btw, is NOT like a jelly bean, lol, totally different consistency), I would think that we'd get other sweet stuff, too. I realize this event is for players as low as level 15, so of course that takes out any chance for candy bon bons or teacakes to drop...and jeez, I suppose that also takes out CHOCOLATE too (that menu item doesn't become available until level 20-something, right?), but there are at least a couple of other things that could (& should) be dropping that are relevant to trick-or-treating and available to level 15 players otherwise.... Apples, a GOLDEN apple!, glimmerdust, creepy teeth, bones and most importantly ---SUGAR!!!
    You'd also think the adventure would give a better energy return than 0 or 3, too. Meh.

In the end (& my point, finally lol) ..All I know is if I was ever allowed to go out trick-or-treating for EIGHT WHOLE HOURS (good lord, can you imagine?? lol), you can bet that I would come home with *A LOTTTTTT* more than these 3 lil "goblins" are bringing back to my queendom! What a sad, sad haul. I woulda cried til Christmas if that's all I managed to get, as a kid.
    Ivy's right; my "princess", "witch" and "fangbeast" need to be saying "TRICK OR TREAT!!!!" with just a little more enthusiasm! lol

Another thing - during the Pyre Festival, sunstones weren't gathered from a special sunstone-only adventure; they could be obtained from most of the regular adventures, which also made it possible to get them from the barracks. Whyyyyy isn't the trick-or-treat adventure available in the barracks???

Annnnd another thing, lol... my adventure #16 is currently out (3/day + 2 on event start date) and I've yet to get a single special crate with a hayride, spooky scarecrow or anything else...and some already 2+ of each! Wahhhh, lol

So, has anyone else gotten better (or different) adventure drops than truffles or coal with their bats, ghosts & candy corn???
    No gift boxes here either..and I noticed,some having 2&3 gift in there kingdom

I gotten Ivy hot sauce
    Last edited by katbtodd; 10-21-14 at 11:46 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Castloninian View Post
    I've had one hayride cart from 15 adventures. I remember seeing a bit of coal once and a spicy sauce and maybe a fur but other than that nothing memorable. Energy seems to vary from none to 15.
    As hard as energy is to come by it should give a lot of energy

Fashion Designer
    Wow I just got 24 energy from my last adventure. Plus 2 ghosts, 2 bats and 37 candy corn. No box. No non- Halloween items.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast