Thread: Copied!

Fashion Designer

Copied!

First, let me say that I know there is a lot of great art in this game (or else I wouldn't be playing it!) There are many wonderful and unique displays. I 'd also like to say that I am aware it is common practice for artists to re-use models and other art, changed slightly (and sometimes not at all!) to save time and money. Look carefully at any of your favorite cartoons from any era, and you will start to see the re-used backgrounds, entire scenes, and even models.

So, the recent discovery of the copied guitar couple guy to many new recent floor d?cor and LTO's, as well as the girl coming from the Paris Cafe Display, and also being the same in many d?cor, got me to thinking. First, I felt bad about making jojopeanut feel bad, I suspected we all had copied models all over our shops without realizing it, so I started looking. How many copied things do we have without even realizing it?

I started looking at all the LTO's and Mannequins and comparing them. I noticed quite a few copies. I thought I 'd share the ones I found in my own collection. I only have a handful of things, for instance I own nothing from any chest, nor anything from before about mid 2013, but here is what I found. Please share any you find, purely for fun!

This one is pretty obvious. This pose is also in both girls on the left of the Spring is Here display (they are just reversed from each other).

This same pose is also in the following picture, the girl with the pink skirt and woven top. Then note the number of girls with both hands flared out out and arms down. The girl on the right of the Spring display is the same as the Tangerine Mannequin, and the girl in green on the Art-pop Runway below, and the Beach Bride Mannequin down in a later picture. Also, these 2 model styles are all nearly the same, just one has hands flared out, and one has hands down. But there are multiples of each here.

Now this is funny. I realize runways only have so many possible poses, but one girl from each runway is in the same pose as the black girl in the back of the Halloween Runway, she is in an identical pose to the black girl in the front of the Pre-summer runway, as well as the girl in green in the Art Pop runway (though her left hand is arched). Also note that one girl in all 3 runways is in the hands on hips, feet slightly turned inward pose. She's kind of behind the tree, but also the beach Mannequin is in the same pose as the last girl in the Pre-summer runway, right hand on hip, right leg extended.

Next up is girls with one hand on hip, the other arm relaxed and down, body straight This pose is EVEYWHERE. It's the same as the back girl in the pre-summer display and the Beach girl mannequin behind her in the picture 2 up as well.
    this one also shows Rosy and the Snuggy Mannequin in identical poses.

This one just shows that even the unusual poses get re-used. Both the Autumn display recently re-released for coins and the Color display have identical girls with arms up.

This one is my favorite for a couple of reasons. I LOVE the Bar display, I always have it out in the time traveling bar and lounge in the back of my shop, but if you look closely, one of the models is identical, just rotated...IN the SAME display! Also, the girl in black is in our favorite highly used hip out, curved hand, one hand on hip pose that I think I've counted 7 of that I own now. I don't mind, I still love this display.

This picture also shows some of the more original artwork, including the 20's dancers and the mobster couple. I'm not sure how original the band is. We've had a couple of male band displays, and this is the only one I own, so I cannot compare to the Big Band display, or the Cruise ship one.

Anyway, again, this is just for fun! Share any that you've found.
    Last edited by jewelfang; 10-20-14 at 08:47 AM.

Farm Supplier
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141020_233611~2.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	16192

Found some more.
    Last edited by fatmama64; 10-20-14 at 03:17 PM.

Farm Supplier
    This seems to be not my day:-( Posted the wrong pic before and wrote a msg about it. The right pic shows now, but I can't delete the old textframe here:-(
    Last edited by fatmama64; 10-20-14 at 03:23 PM.

Let's be fair though, they are mannequins so if TL don't mess with the pose much and just changes the clothes and colours, I wouldn't complain. It's when you take a section of a previous display and don't change too much and put them in a new display where I think it's lazy (like having a couple sitting together and not really changing much or fixing the weird hand thing. Or having all FS guys all acting well endowed because they were cloned from one guy holding a guitar.

Fashion Designer
    Or forget to put pants on them (I have the pants-less winter display from last year).

But yes, look at the only 3 runway displays I own, and all 3 have 2 of the same girl in them! Runways are still displays. I'll have to look at a few other runways, like the Fire, Lilac and recent Red box one, and compare. I don't own them, but I have neighbors who do.

Fashion Designer
    You have awesome displays in your shop. I hope they bring back the 20s dancers for Black Friday. I regret not getting that when I had the chance.

Just a thought here, but FS has been around a long long time and I've seen posts from other users about how BS and RS both are seeing fewer updates, while I myself have seen MS die a slow death (it's a zombie lumbering around the Play store). Meanwhile here in FS we still get updates every week, and some really pretty items. So the question is, would you still want TL to stop cloning parts of displays, if it meant FS would get fewer updates or fewer items each update?