Page 51 of 160 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Update 10/16/14: Halloween Event!

Rhino Keeper
    The cauldron is not animated either but it looks nice!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    I can only get 2 adventures a day out myself. In order to get 3 out, you need to time it to be online exactly every 8 hours. Or at least close enough that you send one out in the morning, one just over 8 hours later, and one close enough to 8 hours after that to ensure you can get tomorrow's out before you are, say, commuting or otherwise unable to reach your device. Also, that means you can never put your device away to get ready to sleep until that 3rd mission has returned 16 hours after your first of the day... even if your first of the day couldn't go out at the very beginning of the day.

I can't do it. I have no idea either like you how it seems so many people can. If I get up at 7 and leave for work at 7:30, that is only a 1/2-hour window for that all-important first adventure of the day. It means that my second adventure would have to go out no later than 3:30pm no matter what is happening at work/in life, so that the third can go out by 11:30 at the latest. Because if it goes out after 11:30pm, it won't return before I leave at 7:30am the next morning. It is mind-boggling to me how it seems that more than half the people on this forum can get out the 3 per day that is essential for gathering the 70 bats and ghosts needed to upgrade the haunted house to level 5 and also get a decent night's rest, and also attend to life. MY hat is off to them all. I can't do it.
    Hear hear, I can only manage two a day......I like my 9 hours sleep!

Executive Chef
    My kingdoms are also at a standstill. However I have been playing non stop and doing 3 adventures and I only have 944 candies on my iPad so not sure what will happen when I go back to work tomorrow as my iPad doesn't go with me. On my phone I have just over 1000 and so not so worried about that account. I think this is very challenging for people who can't be checking their games constantly.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by GC5410 View Post
    Hear hear, I can only manage two a day......I like my 9 hours sleep!
    I managed it 3 times a day last event with adventures of 8 hours, when I actually didn't pay attention. When I try, I am never able to manage that xD. Now I just try to get the 2 adventures a day, so I get a chance to get all the individual prizes. Oh well, I did sent out last day 3 adventures a day, but that was because I couldnt sleep caused by a gigantic pain in my mouth and a massive headache. Hopefully I can sleep tonight :P. I rather sleep then sending out adventures .

Banned
    I work 12 hours a day and didn't want to bring my iPad to work (no locker)... So so far I only managed 600 candy coins and I even caved and bought two jack o lantern

Executive Chef
    I've just upgraded my Haunted Hall to Level 3! Woop woop!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleScorpion76 View Post
    I've just upgraded my Haunted Hall to Level 3! Woop woop!
    Nice, I am 1 bat short to get it to L3, well then in 7 hours it will be...
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    .....I can't believe we are only 42% of the way to goal ONE! Are we close to where we were at this time in the last world event? It feels like we should be close to unlocking community prize 1 but I could easily just be remembering wrong. ....(edit)
    If memory serves (& it usually does, LOL!)... During the funeral Pyre Festival, the first community prize opened for all of us on that first Thursday after the event started, right around update time. The same thing happened on the following Thursday with the second community prize...and the third & final community prize became available on the last or nearly last day of the event. I have a feeling it will be a similar (or possibly quicker!) turn-out for this event, too.

Ps. The witchy cauldron at Puffy's is cool...but I gotta admit, I'm a bit disappointed that it's not animated and doesn't bubble like the potion shop pots.
    Last edited by NorthWoodsKingdom; 10-19-14 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Ps added

Rhino Keeper
    [QUOTE=Seriously700;984763][QUOTE=jbfps116;984559]Still have enough items for adventuring for a few days, but silver is slipping... I have the upgraded animal drops shard so fur is easier to get, but AAAAAAHHHHH I don't have the third, which I think lets you get energy back from harvesting crops!! Since I completed the second already, I hope I'm lucky and get the third shard sometime in this event!

I really feel for the players who don't have all the knowledge shards. Getting energy back when fighting monsters and harvesting crops is very helpful right now. And it's a bonus to be able to craft silver from iron ore. Good luck to you!
    Yea, I'm one of those players in this boat and it's a severe disadvantage since so much of this event seems to revolve around collecting. Knowledge shards seem a bit OP when it comes to limited events!

Hello all. I have been playing CS for almost two years now so am an advanced player. I totally agree with the comments that the knowledge shards give an advantage to players. I have them meaning when I harvest corn, I usually get at least 1/3 of my energy back. Same thing wiht beasts. This means collecting candy is not that hard. The beauty of these event is in my opinion the community component. It is up to more advanced players like me to "do the heavy lifting" and get the numbers up so that the players with less advantage get the community prize. That is one of the best parts of the whole event I think. So I am doing my bit with 1333 candy and counting. I will keep on going even after I have all the individual prizes doing my bit for the whole community. So lower lever players, we are on your side!!!

Have fun everybody!