Page 24 of 160 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Update 10/16/14: Halloween Event!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ToshiNoMiya View Post
    I'm not sure whether this is an item I'm missing because this is my first Castle Story Holloween or not, but where is the Spooky tree mentioned in the first post?

Additional question: how much candy corn drops from monsters? Is it worth the energy you spend on it? (To explain, I have one Fangbeast in my Kingdom now where it doesn't hinder anything I do, so I am using that to save energy I otherwise have to waste on fighting monsters, so I'm wondering what to do now...)
    I've had a range of 1-3 candy corn drop from monsters you'll have to fight then because soon enough you'll run out of creep tooth you'll need for the Fangbeasts masks. Start beating those beasts!

Spooky tree is one if the locked prizes. You need to get to that stage to unlock it.

Host(ess)
    How do you get the witch cauldron and spooky tree?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kemstr View Post
    How do you get the witch cauldron and spooky tree?
    Keep getting candy corn to add up

Executive Chef
    Actually, it is not an easy event to pass thru. If you want to get 200 candies a day, then you probably have to get at least 150 from corns and others from quests, buildings.

When I harvest 30 corns, I get around 10 candies from them and the monsters appearing during harvest, and from the ~30 I can craft 5 more candies in kitchen. This is ~15 candies in 1,5 hours (30 energy you get in 1,5 hrs) so in case you want to get 150 candies a day from corns it takes you 10 hrs of corn harvesting and cooking.

With other words, if you want to complete this event, without spending gems, it would be a nonstop gaming for the next 18 days, with ignoring almost everything else. (like collect from animals, except sheeps - you need wool). And there are also the lot of silvers you need now, also furs... So, this is a though event this time.
    Visit my main island: ZX71

Rhino Keeper
    Just a thought, Glimmergate,
    Perhaps we can get some candies while visiting our neighbors?
    Maybe a random drop in lieu of the existing rewards or hearts?
    That will be in the true spirit of tricks or treats, no?

Fashion Designer
    um what will the pumpkins give us after the event is over? nothing??

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleScorpion76 View Post
    I've had a range of 1-3 candy corn drop from monsters you'll have to fight then because soon enough you'll run out of creep tooth you'll need for the Fangbeasts masks. Start beating those beasts!

Spooky tree is one if the locked prizes. You need to get to that stage to unlock it.
    Thank you for your answer - I hadn't event thought of that... and there is the need of getting Fur, too. >_<
    My first love is Castle Story, my second Dragon Story. Third would be Restaurant Story. I always like making new friends or getting new neighbours. My ID is ToshiNoMiya.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyuszko View Post
    Actually, it is not an easy event to pass thru. If you want to get 200 candies a day, then you probably have to get at least 150 from corns and others from quests, buildings.

When I harvest 30 corns, I get around 10 candies from them and the monsters appearing during harvest, and from the ~30 I can craft 5 more candies in kitchen. This is ~15 candies in 1,5 hours (30 energy you get in 1,5 hrs) so in case you want to get 150 candies a day from corns it takes you 10 hrs of corn harvesting and cooking.

With other words, if you want to complete this event, without spending gems, it would be a nonstop gaming for the next 18 days, with ignoring almost everything else. (like collect from animals, except sheeps - you need wool). And there are also the lot of silvers you need now, also furs... So, this is a though event this time.
    This made me realise that I probably won't get the final individual prize no matter how I try - I have a life offline that requires some attention - and frankly, I hate that.

I wish there was at least some item - like in Dragon Story - that give you a few event currency items every 4 hours... also something like the food farms in that, that gives you a reliable, calculable "income" so you can more or less figure out how to get to the goal without having to "be there" permanently.
    My first love is Castle Story, my second Dragon Story. Third would be Restaurant Story. I always like making new friends or getting new neighbours. My ID is ToshiNoMiya.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ToshiNoMiya View Post
    This made me realise that I probably won't get the final individual prize no matter how I try - I have a life offline that requires some attention - and frankly, I hate that.

I wish there was at least some item - like in Dragon Story - that give you a few event currency items every 4 hours... also something like the food farms in that, that gives you a reliable, calculable "income" so you can more or less figure out how to get to the goal without having to "be there" permanently.
    Yup this time this event requires your "full" attention, while in DS or FFS you can go thru it with looking into your game like 2 or 3 days a day.
    There IS an item that gives "event currency" as you mentioned, but this is the pumpkin for 150 gems. Also since it may give some required item for upgrading the haunted hall. So it may be a good investment in case you want to pass thru the event and have not time.
    Visit my main island: ZX71

Fashion Designer
    I think the only flaw in this world event is the haunted Hall. It should give more candy per collection, like the pyre tent did. I did buy two pumpkins, and if I harvest them faithfully, they'll give me around 850 candy in this event. I hope they will still give something when this is over