Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Game Not Loading After v1.3 Update

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by charj59 View Post
    Just did the new update, now the new app won't even load it opens the loading screen and then crashes.
    Same problem here, maybe we need to update our devices to ios 8??

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippinville View Post
    Same problem here, maybe we need to update our devices to ios 8??
    You don't need to be on iOS8. Updating to 6.0 or above will resolve the issue if you are able to update your OS.

Host(ess)
    first gen iPads can't update past iOS 5.1.1 as far as I know. The app is spec'd for 5.0+ in iTunes. Is this no longer true?

Rhino Keeper
    Any news on a fix for this? Other than upgrading which I can't do at the moment. I remember DS had a similar problem a while back and it seemed to be a nice quick fix.

Game Not Loading After v1.3 Update

Device: iPod Touch 3rd Gen
    Version: 5.1.1 (9B206)
    Problem: Game will not load after updating game to v1.3 (update was done yesterday, 10/14/14). When trying to open the game the loading screen pops up for 4-5 seconds, then closes and returns to the screen with all the app icons. I've tried force quitting the program, as well as shutting the device off and turning it back on, as well as deleting and reinstalling the game.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    If you aren't able to update your OS to 6.0 or higher, unfortunately, you currently are not able to get into the game. This will require a version update and we are working on getting this resolved as soon as possible. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCanary View Post
    It doesn't. This is an issue that Elsa said they're looking into fixing in a future update. I was just wondering if that meant that it was being looked into now, or if it would be worth deleting and revisiting the game in a month or so, since while it is a fun, cute game, it does take up valuable space for those of us who have rickety old phones
    It won't take a month. I can't offer a definitive date, but not that long for sure.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    If you aren't able to update your OS to 6.0 or higher, unfortunately, you currently are not able to get into the game. This will require a version update and we are working on getting this resolved as soon as possible. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

It won't take a month. I can't offer a definitive date, but not that long for sure.
    Awesome and thank you

New Resident
    That's great that it won't take a month, but can't you offer the previous version so we can still play in the mean time? Now wishing I would not have updated at all, at least I could still get in! ��

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by troubletz View Post
    That's great that it won't take a month, but can't you offer the previous version so we can still play in the mean time? Now wishing I would not have updated at all, at least I could still get in! ��
    What you can do, delete the game. Then go to iTunes and under updates look at the top and you will "purchased" hit that and scroll down until your find the previous version click open or the cloud to redownload that version.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    What you can do, delete the game. Then go to iTunes and under updates look at the top and you will "purchased" hit that and scroll down until your find the previous version click open or the cloud to redownload that version.
    Sadly this doesn't work on my iPad ,first generation..when I scroll.,it only show the latest 10/14/14, not the previous one . Wierd..I wonder if that's becuase it was an update and not a different holiday version - isee my old xmas.vday etc types of other game versions.. I should have done a backup on my computer....lessonlearned

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast