Thread: Questions about buying, storing, and bringing back out items no longer available

Rhino Keeper

Question Questions about buying, storing, and bringing back out items no longer available

I've been on RS less than 2 months and I've noticed how many new things become available each week, with monthly goals, as well as new items unlocked at new levels. I'm at level 40 I think, so many new items have come available as well as seasonal items like Halloween decor. FIRST, I am wondering if items also get dropped off an individual's list of potential items to buy (not the new items tied to new levels) after a length of time. Otherwise going through the list all the items would take forever. SECOND, if I buy, for example, 4 of the Halloween tables and chairs this year but next year my restaurant is bigger so I want to display 8 of each, can I do that or am I locked into how many I actually purchased this year, since they are available only this year I assume? The other reason I ask this is that there are some items I want to get but can't afford to get as many as I'd like right now (I wish they'd stop pricing some tables at 75,000 coins each), but also don't want to miss out on getting items altogether, if made not available later. Also if I buy certain tile or wallpaper that is available for a limited time, I might need more when my restaurant expands.

Usually those Halloween tables won't be available to buy extras next year. All my tables, chairs, decor, etc from last year I cannot add to because it's no longer available. I can put out what I have from last year but can't buy extras. So get as many as you want now. I missed out 2 years ago on the ghost tables & chairs since I was starting out then, too, so I have none of those & they're actually my favorites.

Executive Chef
    Usually w wallpaper and floor tiles u don't have to worry about not buying enough. I know what happens to me is as long as I keep clicking on it that item will keep multiplying. For example I only have 20 sections of a certain wallpaper and I now have 30 sections to cover. Once I run out of it at section 20 I keep moving my cursor over and I now cover my other sections. So don't worry about ever running out. Or at least that's been my experience.
    Currently NOT ADDING NBRS SO PLZ DO NOT SEND INVITE
    Thanks,
    Elainecarrel

What Elaine says is only true on Apple devices. Android players don't have the ability to purchase more wallpaper/floor tiles.

Fashion Designer
    The only time you won't be able to purchase more of something is if TL makes an announcement that they are removing seasonal items on a certain date. They do that from time to time but haven't done it recently. We never know exactly what they'll remove - they just say "seasonal" items without specifying exactly what items they mean. At times we've been shocked at what they considered "seasonal" when it disappeared with other more obvious items.

So unless you see that announcement, you will be able to continue purchasing any items in the Design tab. You can tell if it's still available for purchase if it has a price. Items you have purchased previously that have been removed from the game will show the amount you have in storage and the spot where the price of the item usually appears will be blank.

Executive Chef
    I get the feeling that we'll c an announcement about TL removing items sometime after either Halloween or Thanksgiving. That's when they took a lot of items "out of circulation" last yr. They did fall items and then oce the New Years started they did it again.
    Thanks,
    Elainecarrel

So does this mean once you place something to storage you cannot retrieve it why then do they call it storage ? and not a deleted items box ? It is misleading

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorels1Stop View Post
    So does this mean once you place something to storage you cannot retrieve it why then do they call it storage ? and not a deleted items box ? It is misleading
    O no. Once u buy a item it's urs. I've got quite a bit of stuff in storage since I've been playing this game for 21/2 yrs. Anytime I want 2 use an old item all I've got 2 do is got 2 storage and get it. The items that TL's deleted, taken out of circulation, will remain in ur storage but u won't c the purchase price, gems or coins, above them. Ull c how many of ea item u have in a colored triangle in the item's box.
    If u go 2 take something out of storage and u can't find it, u email Support and they'll check the situation out.
    I hope this helps u out.
    Last edited by ElaineCarrel; 10-31-14 at 07:36 PM.
    Thanks,
    Elainecarrel

Thanks silly question but how do you access storage? I only see it when I hit the design icon and tap an existing item appears to only let me " Store and I can't see what is stored
    Last edited by Zorels1Stop; 10-31-14 at 08:38 PM.

You scroll through. If you have the item it will have a number in the lower corner. To see all the parts & food you have, go to menu, my gifts.