Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween Event 10/16/14 Trick or Treat

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by princessskykennedy View Post
    What do you build with the cauldron that takes time??
    You use the cauldron to make the various candies, that will be revealed one per day for the next 9 days. 10 candies in all. Only the following nine are craftable, other than today's, which actually makes me wonder how hard they are going to be to get! The first should be the easiest, given the set up....

Fashion Designer
    Speaking of the cauldron, I did some calculations & have to say that I think TL missed the mark this time!!

To get a complete set, to turn in for ONE chance at a prize, you need to have one of each, but that means you need to make 9 of the first, 8 of the second, 7 of the third, and so on. Taking a grand total of 30 hours & 15 minutes to get ONE complete set.

Obviously as the days pass & more candies can be collected, we won't have to craft the first few, but it still takes WAY too much time imo.

The times & calculations are as follows to achieve one of each candy.

9 x .25 = 2.25 hours for the second candy (first of the craftable)
    8 x .25 = 2 hours for the third candy (second craftable)
    7 x .5 = 3.5 hours for the fourth
    6 x .5 = 3 hours for the fifth
    5 x 1 = 5 hours for the sixth
    4 x 1 = 4 hours for the seventh
    3 x 1.5 = 4.5 hours for the eighth
    2 x 1.5 = 3 hours for the ninth
    1 x 3 = 3 hours for the tenth candy

Once we reach day five it will *only* take 19.5 hours to craft the remaining candies to get one complete set, but that still is not great, imo.
    Last edited by infinitelove19; 10-17-14 at 08:58 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    I can't afford the cauldron in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitelove19 View Post
    You use the cauldron to make the various candies, that will be revealed one per day for the next 9 days. 10 candies in all. Only the following nine are craftable, other than today's, which actually makes me wonder how hard they are going to be to get! The first should be the easiest, given the set up....
    Oh yes!!! I recall the pricing difference from last time!!! Thx

Rhino Keeper
    Speaking of the cauldron, I did some calculations & have to say that I think TL missed the mark this time!!

To get a complete set, to turn in for ONE chance at a prize, you need to have one of each, but that means you need to make 9 of the first, 8 of the second, 7 of the third, and so on. Taking a grand total of 30 hours & 15 minutes to get ONE complete set.

Obviously as the days pass & more candies can be collected, we won't have to craft the first few, but it still takes WAY too much time imo.

Once we reach day five it will *only* take 19.5 hours to craft the remaining candies to get one complete set, but that still is not great, imo.
    So I won't bother, it took me 70 or so collections to get the carnival pony so how are we supposed to manage to craft enough candies.

Quote Originally Posted by mamareader02 View Post
    Anyone else find it odd TL being stingy on giving the very first candy out?usually we rack the first ones up,I'm lucky if I get 2 candies from 10 biscuits!
    Yes, I only just got 10 from the 90 biscuits for the lanterns. Usually get hundreds of the first! This does not bode well.

I restarted this game on a new ipad after christmas and they seem to be getting progrssively stingier and stingier. There used to be seasonal decorations that could be bought with coins or gems and now they are all prizes

Fashion Designer

Thanks for working that all out! I was trying to do it, but have not had my coffee yet and my brain just didn't want to do math yet.... so if you can work at it steady every day, you should be able to turn in one collection every second day..... We have 18 days so a person could conceivably get 9 or 10 prizes from collections...providing you had the ability to get the cauldron in the first place. In 6 hours I should be able to turn in my first collection! (because I recieved 2 of the frankenstien candies from the trap)
    the thing about this event is that people are not going to be selling candies in the newspaper.... unless they don't want to do the event at all, or unless they have gotten all the prizes to be had.
    Last edited by nukesters2; 10-17-14 at 09:42 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    I don't think you can sell candies can you?

Thumbs down

Nope, collection items are not able to sell so we are on our own for this event. I normally don't complain but I HATE this kind of event

Farm Supplier

Thank you:)

Quote Originally Posted by kisten View Post
    You can get a glimpse of the rewards by going into the collection album.
    Thank you i was wondering why someone had mentioned a dog i never even knew we were using our collections gallery, i wish it could have Been a diff pet like an owl oh Well... Thanks again
    Just An Ordinary Girl  In This Beautiful Farm World
    ID: Farmjam123

Host(ess)
    Does anyone know what time the day switches to the next? This might be a dumb question. I'm just wondering, for example, when the next candy will unlock since it's technically day two.