Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Castle Update 10/9/15: Halloween Caravans

Rhino Keeper
    Not sure if anyone has already mentioned this but just as a reminder, you can only receive 20 RSVP's a day. Same goes with any other requests from neighbors.
    Although in the first day I received 22 RSVPs, 2 more than normal for some reason. And then because the game ticked over to a new day, which for me happened to be in that same day, I was able to send out requests to everyone again. Thus in actuality I received 44 RSVP's in the first day. The second day, being the Sunday, responses were slow and much less. But by day 4 I had all RSVPs.
    I've also been getting new nbr requests all week which is cool. New nbr's are always welcome!
    But getting back to requests, even if you only have 20 active nbr's then within 4 days you should have all RSVP's.
    Any new players struggling with nbr's and getting rsvps please feel free to add me. I play daily.

Quote Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
    I don't understand, why would you visit a neighbor at all? Just seems like a silly part of the game, and I really don't understand the "I will only do it if you do it back" part. Either visit because you like to, or don't,
    When a neighbor taps a heart on one of your buildings it sparkles and when you collect from sparkling buildings you get 2 xp stars rather than only one. So there's the benefit of neighbors visiting you. You also get an xp point or 1 energy or a tiny bit of coin for each neighbor you visit. So visiting each other benefits both players, you get more energy to use and level up faster.

I have a very small neighbor list and get about 14 extra energy daily from visiting.

Rhino Keeper
    They do have an add me thread on the main teamlava page for those looking for new neighbors. I believe they create a new one each month so you only have active players there.

Executive Chef
    B
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzzyQ22 View Post
    When a neighbor taps a heart on one of your buildings it sparkles and when you collect from sparkling buildings you get 2 xp stars rather than only one. So there's the benefit of neighbors visiting you. You also get an xp point or 1 energy or a tiny bit of coin for each neighbor you visit. So visiting each other benefits both players, you get more energy to use and level up faster.

I have a very small neighbor list and get about 14 extra energy daily from visiting.
    Just a teeny correction in that you can only receive 10 extra energy per day for visiting neighbors, and if you are full when visiting it will not give you over the limit.
    Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. Close and personal friend of The Great Thuan.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
    I don't understand, why would you visit a neighbor at all? Just seems like a silly part of the game, and I really don't understand the "I will only do it if you do it back" part. Either visit because you like to, or don't,
    When I visit you I get either an energy, only up to a total of ten per session, or 5 coins, or 1 xp, you get extra coins on the building I tap. For example, a basic cottage I have is 77 coins if I collect however if it gets it's heart tapped enough times I get 90 coins, that goes for all the buildings, if you tap a heart on a glimmer trove you get extra glimmer. I appreciate all those people in the higher levels with lots of buildings they collect from and a kajillion coins that this does not mean much, but when you are on the lower levels it is valuable. So no I don't want to spend my time visiting a non visitor as I don't get enough from it, but if you visit me it works both ways.

edited to add, your viewpoint considering it is just a game is interesting, thank you for the valuable insight
    Last edited by midsom; 10-14-14 at 11:38 PM.

Executive Chef
    If I remember correctly when I first joined the forum there was a regular add me thread. This doesn't seem to be happening now. Wouldn't it be easier to have this regularly added for each month as before so then anyone accepting neighbours or wishing for more can go to it. I'm sure it used to have a presence in this forum to lead you to the add me section.

The good news is I've just completed my last caravan and about to visit Ivy's Hut. I made an extra 10 Parchment and 50 each of the Black Ink and Orange Dye. Very pleased I was able to make so many I also because I hate waste managed to make around 10 breaded fish and will probably make a couple more or Simple Feasts while I build my stocks of water and around 14 Enchanters Essesnce. I'm now almost maxed on mermaid scales and will likely make a few more or Lumin Essence. One aspect I love about timed quests the ability to max on other things and build those stocks.

You & I, PurpleScorpion, are on the same page. Each forum should have its own add me thread. Now they're all buried together in one place no one seems to be able to find since several times everyday someone has to be directed to the Add Me Threads.

Right here they are if you're looking for nbrs:

https://forum.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?72-Add-Me
    Last edited by meme1098; 10-15-14 at 06:27 AM.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Anyone knows how to collect more red petals except from flowering bush to craft the red dye? I've been out of the game for a while and just came back, missing a lot of the activities and rewards...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyongoogle View Post
    Anyone knows how to collect more red petals except from flowering bush to craft the red dye? I've been out of the game for a while and just came back, missing a lot of the activities and rewards...
    You can collect red petals from the Faerie Respite, the Faerie Flowerbed, Ivy's Hut, from Red Trilliums and also from clearing patches of tall grass and fern patches I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Queenzod View Post
    B

Just a teeny correction in that you can only receive 10 extra energy per day for visiting neighbors, and if you are full when visiting it will not give you over the limit.
    Thanks for the clarification. I suppose I was thinking the energy I got from the regular 1 every 3 minutes was part of what I got from visiting, since the clock keeps ticking while you visit.