Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Tournament 10/7 /14- Owl Bear!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by 55lee55 View Post
    Using Sand's method and some gems to speed, I got through with fewer losses than normal! I
    admit to being impatient. Will have a long wait with the prize on my nest but I like him already. Very cute! Still can hardly believe my luck, having at least one of every animal at this point in the game. It wasn't cheap, but less expensive than if I bought the animals with gems. I think luck and timing must have a lot to do with it

It was a nice battle. Has anyone been able to level higher than Level 15? I had a hard enough time making that Level. Was still winning with level 10 Cosmic Phoenix against most Level 20 creatures near the end. Still seems that for me when I use Sand's battle plans, luck has a lot to do with it. And not once in this battle did I ever get a default fourth chance. Not sure if that option has been removed or my creatures were not strong enough to survive three hits

I appreciate the 30 combats in six days too. Much less of a stress than 80 combats. I also liked to see some of the new animals attack! Several come right at you, not just throw an attack. It adds an exciting and sometimes unexpected touch to the battles.

For me, I find the Battles the most interesting part of this game, although nothing can complare to getting a 45 hour breed time! I was worried that battles would be infrequent, but there have been plenty to keep me busy. I enjoy them more the longer I play. It seems that the levels of opponents and cost to play depend on your own level and possibly other factors as well. I see that as a good thing, because it allows those with fewer animals and at earlier levels to fight the same creatures fairly. Seems I get the Level 20 Emerald Dragon, but I am sure from what I am reading here that those at lower levels are likely to encounter maybe a Level 15 in the same battle. That adds a challenge for all of us, but one we can each beat Like it! Thanks.
    Our max level is 15. Only NPC animals can go to 20... right now, anyway. And ITA with you that the 6-day arena battles once every 3 weeks are just perfect. Frequent enough to not get bored between (while trying to get another creature to level 15 for the next one!) but not so frequent that it feels like there is a tournament all the time, which makes them boring for the opposite reason as too few. Only that magical 44:59 appearing on the screen is more exciting - I am so with you on that, too.

A side benefit to these tournaments is that with so many players online, it seems like we are all getting lots and lots of sparkles. I'm enjoying that, too, though our news feed is still way too short and when I try to return all those sparkly favors, I'm sure I miss people.

Executive Chef
    My sloth lost to the terrorier.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    Did you happen to note what opponents we get in rounds 15-20? If anyone else has gotten that far, they haven't posted it yet. Thanks.

And vs. a hippogryph your very best bet is a terradactyl if you have a high-level (strong and strong super rare). If you don't, the old standby ancient sloth is another good bet (using earth attack).
    Omg ty terradactyl worked ty

No I didn't but I'll try do from now to 30

In my battles the level your at doesn't have to be higher then the imponent.

LEVEL 20 hyppogrpyh level 15 was beaten by terradactyl level 8

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by A2TUDE View Post
    Omg ty terradactyl worked ty

No I didn't but I'll try do from now to 30

In my battles the level your at doesn't have to be higher then the imponent.

LEVEL 20 hyppogrpyh level 15 was beaten by terradactyl level 8
    Yay for the terradactyl working! And thanks in advance for your notes on future opponents.

Executive Chef
    Battle 16 is a Level 10 Hedgehog. Unfortunately my Level 14 Vinotaur lost this round

Executive Chef
    Finally, beat the terrorier on fourth try with lvl 14 sloth

Executive Chef
    Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for posting upcoming opponents it's such a big help!! And a special thanks to zenobia for organizing it all so well!! Wish I could help but as I'm always 4 or 5 rounds behind I'd have nothing to add you don't already know lol.
    Main id: squinn1981

Quote Originally Posted by cquinn32 View Post
    Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for posting upcoming opponents it's such a big help!! And a special thanks to zenobia for organizing it all so well!! Wish I could help but as I'm always 4 or 5 rounds behind I'd have nothing to add you don't already know lol.
    I agree TY! Not sure I know what I would do without your help.

R1. Pyro Pony 1< Frost Fang 15
    R2. Planther 1< Pyro Pony 13
    R3. Rainguin 1< Pandaffodil 11
    R4. Spruce Moose 2< Vinataur 6
    R5. Lightning Leopard 2< Ancient Sloth 8
    R6. Rockodile 3< Ancient Sloth 8
    R7. Rampage 4< Fire Glider 13
    R8. Iciclaw 5< Volcamel 9
    R9. Koala Cadabra 6<
    R10. Solar Simian 7<

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by 55lee55 View Post
    Using Sand's method and some gems to speed, I got through with fewer losses than normal! I
    admit to being impatient. Will have a long wait with the prize on my nest but I like him already. Very cute! Still can hardly believe my luck, having at least one of every animal at this point in the game. It wasn't cheap, but less expensive than if I bought the animals with gems. I think luck and timing must have a lot to do with it

It was a nice battle. Has anyone been able to level higher than Level 15? I had a hard enough time making that Level. Was still winning with level 10 Cosmic Phoenix against most Level 20 creatures near the end. Still seems that for me when I use Sand's battle plans, luck has a lot to do with it. And not once in this battle did I ever get a default fourth chance. Not sure if that option has been removed or my creatures were not strong enough to survive three hits

I appreciate the 30 combats in six days too. Much less of a stress than 80 combats. I also liked to see some of the new animals attack! Several come right at you, not just throw an attack. It adds an exciting and sometimes unexpected touch to the battles.

For me, I find the Battles the most interesting part of this game, although nothing can complare to getting a 45 hour breed time! I was worried that battles would be infrequent, but there have been plenty to keep me busy. I enjoy them more the longer I play. It seems that the levels of opponents and cost to play depend on your own level and possibly other factors as well. I see that as a good thing, because it allows those with fewer animals and at earlier levels to fight the same creatures fairly. Seems I get the Level 20 Emerald Dragon, but I am sure from what I am reading here that those at lower levels are likely to encounter maybe a Level 15 in the same battle. That adds a challenge for all of us, but one we can each beat Like it! Thanks.
    You raced to the finish line again, eh? So where's the freakin' OPPONENT LIST, lady? Lots of people are clamoring for that information, you know. Not me; I wait until I'm face-to-face with the challenger and deliver my Chuck Norris. Heheh.

The opponent levels vary on the regular Battlegrounds; but for Arena Tournaments, everybody faces the exact same opponents at the same levels. You will generally see the same level for a given round with the levels rising as rounds increase. You start seeing them beyond L15 once you get to the last 5 rounds. The sequence is broken at the challenge/bonus rounds (15, 20 & 25) where the opponents are supposed to be tougher and offer SLIGHTLY better prizes. Hah!

I can't recall whether I've had a 4-hit victory during a tournament. These guys play hard-ball. LOL

So have you nested the Owl Bear egg? Zenobia needs a pic, and we all want to know how long it takes to hatch.
    Last edited by SANDSCApe; 10-08-14 at 04:18 PM.
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast