Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: What to buy with gems?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaboe View Post
    But, back to my own doubts: I'm never short on dragon scales (got 4 dragons, 3 from the pyre-goal, 1 normal). Still don't know what to do with my precious gems
    I'd say mermaid pond if you like its looks. When you are not wanting for anything in your kingdom, it makes sense to me to get things that make it more beautiful.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    Ew! lol. Actually, that's a good point - I am always maxed on catfish and butterfish. So the mermaid pond could drop both and I'd never notice.

Now it's my turn for a question regarding gem purchases:
    My cows are not getting enough fiber or something. I spend 12 energy to tend to my herd and sometimes only get 1 fertilizer from the whole group. Usually it's 1-3. It's rather frustrating when trying to grow a gazillion dark plants. I've been looking at the cows available for purchase. I do NOT feel like spending 120-240 gems for just 1-2 cows even though the black and royal cows have the best drop rate. So my question is this: is the fertilizer drop rate from white cows worth the 40 gems each cost? For "small chance" vs. "tiny chance"?

I do have 4 sheep as well. Their rare drop rate is "small" also but from my tiny flock I always get 1-2 fertilizer. It's gotten so that even though I am maxed on wool again (hm - maybe I should use that wool to buy a second windmill now that I think of it!)... I try the sheep if they're ready before I resort to my constipated cows.

Does anyone have a few white cows and can comment on their fertilizer drop rate? Thanks.

ETA: Okay, make that: sometimes I get ZERO fertilizers from my herd of 12 cows. Argh! What a huge waste of energy!!!
    Zenobia, as far as I know, the fertilizer drop rate for all cows and sheeps are the same. The "tiny chance" and "small chance" things are related to hides only.

However, you better build some more Conversatory. So far they have the best droprate for fertilizers (around 50% as I noticed) (and cooldown time is just 2 hrs). I have 12 of them now and regularly collecting them. Also, since I didnt finished the related fortune (dont know the name), I am still chopping old logs for glimmer shards, and meanwhile I get a lot of petals. This way, I already (5)ed (upgraded) 8 of my conversatories.
    Last edited by Anyuszko; 10-08-14 at 04:32 AM.
    Visit my main island: ZX71

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaboe View Post
    I have a lot of gems, and a lot of gem-animals and buildings.

I don't have:
    Royal ManorKingdom Inn (what is it good for?)
    Fish Market (almost always maxed out on fish)
    Reindeer Stable (what is it good for?)
    Glimmerbat Habitat (drops fruit, which I'm almost always maxed out on)
    Mithril Dragon (got almost 50 Mithril already, and don't see a use for it)
    Mermaid Pond (got 7 ponds/wells/swamps, and that provides of a steady income of both fish and mermaid scales)
    Alicorn (don't feel like the 40 energy in 7 days is worth the 600 gems)
    Magic Fruit Tree (always maxed out on magic fruit)

So, what could be best for me to buy? I realy don't know anymore...
    My advice is reindeer stable and harvest pergola (if you can buy). I have 2 of both, and collecting regularly, since they drop good kitchen items, which we all are always down.
    Visit my main island: ZX71

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyuszko View Post
    Zenobia, as far as I know, the fertilizer drop rate for all cows and sheeps are the same. The "tiny chance" and "small chance" things are related to hides only.

However, you better build some more Conversatory. So far they have the best droprate for fertilizers (around 50% as I noticed) (and cooldown time is just 2 hrs). I have 12 of them now and regularly collecting them. Also, since I didnt finished the related fortune (dont know the name), I am still chopping old logs for glimmer shards, and meanwhile I get a lot of petals. This way, I already (5)ed (upgraded) 8 of my conversatories.
    Ah - that is VERY good to know! If the fertilizer drop rate is the same for all cows, I will save my gems for something else. Or try to anyway. You never know when you you're going to lose a tons of them to a gem trap.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    [*] alicorn - SO not worth the gems IMO. It only gives you 40 energy once a WEEK. AND, due to it taking a week to refill, it is by far the worst gem trap in the game. It can (and I am proof that it does steal over 400 gems from you in a heartbeat. I would only recommend it if you can afford one for each day of the week, and have expanded enough that you can leave a BUNCH of tiles space between them and anything else, to prevent gem trap loss.[/list]
    I have been saving gems to purchase my first white alicorn - I should have enough once I play some new TL games - but now I am reconsidering. I hadn't thought of it as a huge gem trap! I certainly don't need that aggravation. Maybe I'll go ahead and buy a reindeer stable instead and hopefully hold onto the rest of the gems long enough to give TL time to introduce a special mushroom trove that drops multiple mushrooms and occasional vital extract ;-)

Executive Chef
    Still haven't decided yet. Have enough to buy a Mithril Dragon, but I don't need Mithril or Dragon-scales, tho I was saving my gems for this dragon.

Now I have this "You're hot and you're cold" quest, that alows me to buy a Magic Fruit Tree (which I don't need either) to buy for just 100 gems, instead of 120 gems. Argh!!! So much to buy, so little gems! Choices, choices!

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    This is an interesting thread. For my 2 cents, If you're getting by, then don't spend your gems. Just be careful not to waste them and save them for something coming up. Sounds like you are wavering, so perhaps, don't buy anything!

Rhino Keeper
    Reindeer Stable does drop fur every now and then. frequently drops multiple sugar also, and rarely drops ice cream, when it does it usually drops a couple for me, which is incredibly useful for me and making sweet feasts. i usually stockpile other things while waiting for silver for the armor and platter needed for the adventure and by that time i generally have enough ice cream for the feast.

ive seriously been considering the living wood tree. just spent it all on the ornate beams to get my mine to lvl 5.

the mithril dragon is what im currently saving up for, have the pergola, stable, and two wizard schools. so not much else i really want. might get a second stable or pergola. pergola gives me feasts pretty frequently.

Executive Chef
    Mmm... I'm never short on silver, armor or swords, they drop from buildings regularly, and when I'm maxed on silver and/or gems, I make platters. I have 94 swords, 67 armors, and 17 plates. It's my kitchen that's having too little time...

Farm Supplier

Talking What should I spend my gems on?

I have, very carefully, managed to save my gems and am thinking about buying something. Because I want it to be something usefull (not a decoration), I thinking about either the fortune Fortune Teller or the Barracks.
    What do the more experienced players suggest?

Sandra

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast