Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: What to buy with gems?

The forgotten roost drops manticore eggs & dragon eggs on rare occasions. Have you not gotten either one yet?
    Check your forge occasionally since I had a manti egg drop sometime over the last few days since I saw it there without realizing it had dropped. I wouldn't recommend buying either of those.
    Maybe the fortune teller tent would give you mini-goals every few days and once you get sinister, sister you'll need that old log fortune. It really helps.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bethaneyl View Post
    I have a gem sale  and am going to buy more gems ....I have 650 and plan to purchase more after I figure out what I'll need.
    Current gem items
    * 1 skunkpine house ( that's what it's called I think ..lol)
    * 4 glimmer troves ( bought 2 got 2 from adventure )
    * 1 of each apple, orange & lemon trees , 2 magic fruit trees , 1 maple tree , 1 red flower, 2 hedges (flower giving ones)
    * 2 sheep , 2 pink pigs
    * 2 wizard schools
    * 1 mermaid pond
    * 1 fish market
    * 1 harvest pagoda
    * 1 reindeer stable

Alicorns should I go ahead and get one or two ...I've seen nbrs with tons so they must b useful ? Right?
    I'm confused about gem animals anticores & dragons ....will I get any I game should I go ahead and buy?
    I'm maxed on truffles and could use more prime cuts so many some gem animals ?
    Fortune teller ...I read I don't need to get to early is not sure when to buy this ...
    The barracks .... I play a lot off and on through the day/night so I should be able to keep up with making food (I currently only have 3 adv open)

I'm only on level 25 (almost 26) ....I started right at the end of February this year ....I've played similar games before and I tend to be a bit of a hoarder I like having lots / max of inventory so it ****s me when domes items are so hard to get lol
    Any advice / help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks
    If you want to go through the goals quickly, you could buy a mythril dragon. You don't need much mythril, but it comes in very, very slowly and the same goes for the normal dragon, tho you will get one guaranteed, it can take ages for the adventure to drop the required material.

If you can keep up with the food-demand and make 2 feasts a day (besides the stuff you need for trading and regular goals), you could buy the Baracks. I seldom use it...

Personally I like how Allicorns look, but 40 energy per week isn't worth the 600 gems. Plus, it's a BIG, BIG gemtrap, you could easily loose over 400 gems at speeding it. The players that have lots of them, are usually old time players, that have the Love Shack, the special building from Valentines Event 2012. They can craft Alicorns.
    Last edited by Anaboe; 03-31-15 at 03:15 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    I bought the mithril dragon..just started the jousting arena goals..but i wanted the dragon..i think the dragon scales and mithril are worth it..

Should I be buying anything with gems? I'm level 37 and have 1272 gems and have only spent (on purpose, at least) gems on a couple of trees which were required for goals. I'm in the middle of a number of quest chains, including trolls/Kaz, faerie respite, alicorn, and beastiary/library.
    And do items ever go on sale?
    Last edited by vulpesvulpes1; 04-04-15 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vulpesvulpes1 View Post
    Should I be buying anything with gems? I'm level 37 and have 1272 gems and have only spent (on purpose, at least) gems on a couple of trees which were required for goals. I'm in the middle of a number of quest chains, including trolls/Kaz, faerie respite, alicorn, and beastiary/library.
    And do items ever go on sale?
    Items do go on sale occasionally.

If u haven't gotten them yet, 2 wizzard schools would help a lot, I'm glad I bought them. I've also never regretted the living wood tree (the demand increases at higher levels, besides the need for trades). The royal animals have the potential to save u energy (give multiples of a material at a collection). My mermaid pond is not in use at all, besides spreading its beauty (at higher levels water has to come in so much, ull max out on mermaid scales before long). Same is true for fish. U don't need the fortune teller tent, except for an extra thrill every now and then (however, there are tricks to massively capitalize on most of the fortunes). No necessity for the barracks as well, unless u have the bountiful table, which will feed those Knights automatically. A second dragon (normal) would absolutely come in handy at about where ur now, but if u rather be patient u could get by with the provided one (it's really not that bad). An additional faeiry flowerbed would help just as much thou (the faeiry respite stops working for quite a while at a point). The faeiry skunkupine house allows u to park a beast and still not run short on fur (better than a second manti). That's all I can speak of, hope it gives u some ideas.

PS Forgot to mention the harvest pergola. Aside of being my fav building (optics), it does not take any pressure off the kitchens.
    Last edited by CharmOfLea; 04-05-15 at 01:49 AM. Reason: PS
    Happy about new neighbors, just say you?re from the forum. I recently went from 275 down to 77. I get that ppl give up on CS.

CharmOfLea is an ancient gamer?s account, holla if you stormed me on GOW.

I don't have a dragon or any of those other items--just a manticore.

Nightclub Owner
    I don't have a dragon or any of those other items--just a manticore.
    You're still working on the line that will give you a dragon from the Forgotten Roost, right? The goal for Bestiary/Library is "How Clean Is Your Library", right? As you continue that line you'll get one and even if you purchased one with gems right now, you wouldn't be able to hatch it until you finish this goal chain.

IMO, you'll want to get the fortune teller tent as you haven't hit "sister,sister" yet, and you'll want a particular fortune when you get to that line. If you got the tent fairly soon, you'll probably get to that fortune just about the time you'll hit that particular goal - it asks for an outrageous amount of plants that you'll need an outrageous amount of seeds, glimmer shards/fragments (that are very hard to come by) to make them. But, if you have the fortune teller tent with the fortune "Glimmer Rock", you'll find it less stressful.

I know others don't agree but personally I've found having the Living Wood tree very helpful, as it is something I'm usually low on. If you find yourself always in need of Living Wood, then you may want to consider purchasing this tree.

One more thing that I've found useful is the Magic Tree. I'm always doing the exchange of strawberries/glimmberbulb/magic fruit, so am constantly running out of them. This tree helps supplement what I get from the Magic Garden and can usually do at least 2 a week, sometimes if I'm lucky and I get more than one to drop from the Garden, I may be able to squeeze 3 in a week, but 2 is about my average.
    Current games on queentina3 ID: Castle, Fairytale, Farm 2, RS 1, Diamond Quest. Games under this ID are named AppleBlossom.

Current game on 2tina ID: Castle only and goes by the name AppleBlossom2. I know, it isn't very original. Shut up!

I tip and run - don't ask me to write on your wall, as I won't. I don't expect you to write on mine. If you tip, great, if you don't, also great. Just answer my requests and I'll be happy.

Rhino Keeper
    I said I wouldn't do it because I didn't like those funny little round buildings...but I am going to buy a wizard school. Neighbors, get ready for some requests...I think.

Yes, I'm midway on Forgotten Roost and have a dragon egg in inventory. I'm stuck trying to get mystery potion and mithril on other quests. I've maxed-out on glimmerbulbs but can't use/exchange them for anything.

Nightclub Owner
    Yes, I'm midway on Forgotten Roost and have a dragon egg in inventory. I'm stuck trying to get mystery potion and mithril on other quests. I've maxed-out on glimmerbulbs but can't use/exchange them for anything.
    In the Royal Exchange, have you done the other Fruit Quests? I think the last and final one to open is strawberries/glimmer bulbs/magic fruit and you get energy back every time you do it. That is the one I'm referring to and why I purchased the Magic Tree. You may not be there yet, so could probably put off purchasing it until it opens up for you.

Yeah, the Mithril is a real hold-back as a few goals come up at once that ask for quite a bit of it. You'll find as you go through the goals that you'll run into another obstacle and that will be with the dragon scales for the Mythic Essence. They want a lot of it and it takes 5 dragon scales, and with only one dragon, it can take awhile as they don't always drop scales. That is one of the spots I keep getting stuck as my dragon is a brat and will drop me a sword when I want his scales! *glares at dragon*
    Current games on queentina3 ID: Castle, Fairytale, Farm 2, RS 1, Diamond Quest. Games under this ID are named AppleBlossom.

Current game on 2tina ID: Castle only and goes by the name AppleBlossom2. I know, it isn't very original. Shut up!

I tip and run - don't ask me to write on your wall, as I won't. I don't expect you to write on mine. If you tip, great, if you don't, also great. Just answer my requests and I'll be happy.