Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: What to buy with gems?

Executive Chef
    Okay, I've been hitting up too many gem traps lately and I want to use my gems to buy something useful before I hit another. I have a little over 100 gems. I want to buy something up to the amount I have, or possibly 50-100 more. I am not trying for huge things like alicorns, because I can't keep from hitting gems traps for that long. I have mostly similar items on both accounts, with slight variations.

Here are all the gem items I've got so far:

Wizard school 2, 2
    Fish Market 1, 2
    Faerie Skunkhouse 1, 2
    Glimmerdust Trove 1, 2
    Apple Tree 1, 1
    Lemon Tree 1, 2
    Orange Tree 0, 2
    Red Trillium 1, 1

All al these items that I have now are extremely helpful to me, even the little plant. I am wondering which item(s) are going to be useful down the road, because I'm not sure what you need later on to complete the storyline.

I'm thinking maybe for the account that only has 1 each of the Fish Market And Faerie Skunkhouse, maybe buy a second one of both items eventually, to have the same amount as my other account and maybe an Orange Tree. I always use those furs and tails for trades and the fish for cooking.

For my older account that has 2 of the listed items above, I wonder if these items are useful:

Buildings: Kingdom Inn, Harvest Pargola, Reindeer Stable, Glimmerbat Habitat, Fortune Teller.

Plants and Animals: Living Tree, Mermaid Pond, Magic Fruit Tree, Faerie Flowerbed, Multi-Color Hedge, Maple Tree.

Decorations: Faerie Harp, Butterfly Faerie Flower, Hydrangea Garden, Snowman, Carriage.

I know it says decorations, but the Rustic Well is supposed to be just decorative and yet it drops water and fish. I am wondering if any of these decorations above drop anything and if so, what do they drop?

I appreciate any input, thanks!

Rhino Keeper
    I just got a multi-color hedge as a drop from an adventure. It drops various petals every 4 hours and takes up two squares. It's more efficient, energy wise, than the flowers patches since you get multiple petals each time. But then you don't get to choose which petal you get. So although I'll leave it out and collect from it, I'm still leaving out my flowers in case I need more of a specific color.

I have a maple tree, but it doesn't seem too useful for replenishing sap, since it has a long refresh time. It's very pretty, though.

I, personally, would get an orange tree for the account that doesn't have one. The christmas bakery, or whatever it's called, was a timed event that required fruit.

I wound up getting the fortune teller tent partially because I like the little short easy goals it gives. They're a nice break from the long term goals I have sitting in my goal book right now. I'm giving up hope on ever getting a 5th feral magic for the "Kaz's change of heart" goal. I haven't gotten that drop in over a month.

Rhino Keeper
    What does the small wooden crate mean next to some gem items in market?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Korlcek View Post
    What does the small wooden crate mean next to some gem items in market?
    It means you can craft them, although some items are only craftable as part of a questline, The evil Queen statue and carriage for example... and of course the white alicorn can only be crafted if you have a love shack (from Valentine 2013 questline)
    $$$ GEM/GOLD CONFIRMATION BUTTON, PLEASE $$$

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by CuteTali View Post

Buildings: Kingdom Inn, Harvest Pargola, Reindeer Stable, Glimmerbat Habitat, Fortune Teller.

Plants and Animals: Living Tree, Mermaid Pond, Magic Fruit Tree, Faerie Flowerbed, Multi-Color Hedge, Maple Tree.

Decorations: Faerie Harp, Butterfly Faerie Flower, Hydrangea Garden, Snowman, Carriage.

I appreciate any input, thanks!
    This doesn't drop anything so I wouldn't necessarily bother with it:

Carriage.

Goal item you'll get anyway: Faerie Harp, Faerie Flowerbed, Butterfly Flower (I think).

Goal item if you pay with gems in a limited time:

Magic Fruit Tree

Items that can drop from adventures but I've found they'll drop after I got the first one with gems:

Orange Tree, Maple Tree.

I believe is Unavailable via any other means: Snowman.

The Mermaid Pond and Living Tree to me are essential 3 or 4 collections per day of 1-3 of the item are fabulous.

I got all buildings at Christmas except the Harvest Pergola. The other buildings all drop stuff, Stable - Sugar and ice cream. Kingdom Inn - Earth wisps. Glimmerbat - fruit but it also gives you the quest steps to build it. So that keeps you busy for a while. The fortune teller tent also gives regular quests. I think they released 3 or 4 sets of quests last year so well worth it. Especially if you haven't got to the Glimmergate, there's a quest which can give you unlimited supply of fragments and shards.

I've only given you info on the items I have knowledge of, hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleScorpion76 View Post

.... Especially if you haven't got to the Glimmergate, there's a quest which can give you unlimited supply of fragments and shards.
    Is that #23, 'The glimmer rock fortune'? I'm almost there. Is there a trick to it?

Sorry I'm off topic.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by foodpill View Post
    Is that #23, 'The glimmer rock fortune'? I'm almost there. Is there a trick to it?

Sorry I'm off topic.
    Check The Hub under 1 List of all fortunes, it will explain what not to do

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by foodpill View Post

Sorry I'm off topic.
    Yes, you get 3 hits to chop down a log, sell it after the 2nd chop and buy another. The third chop completes that fortune, and it's gone. You get 1-4 shards and fragments.

On topic the flower I wasn't sure if you got in a goal has massive blue petals shaped a bit like a gramaphone. I don't know the name of it but you get it in a goal.

Ooh i see... Clever! Thanks, purpleScorpion.

Sorry again for highjacking the thread.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by shambalaya View Post
    It means you can craft them, although some items are only craftable as part of a questline, The evil Queen statue and carriage for example... and of course the white alicorn can only be crafted if you have a love shack (from Valentine 2013 questline)
    Wow, thank you! I always thought that the wooden crate means you can store it.

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast