Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast

Thread: What to buy with gems?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jesslc41 View Post
    I'm at level 21 - just finished the tablet goals and have just started on Thurston. I have already bought 1 wizard school, and I have 1 orange tree and 1 glimmerdust trove from quests.

I have 119 gems and I'm thinking my next purchase should be an apple tree since Sir Pigglesworth is meant to be pretty useful (all I need to get him is a golden apple), and also there's some gem trade with the fruit pie down the track. I considered a second wizard school too but I'd like to save up some more spell books first. And I am constantly needing more glimmerdust than I get from one trove so maybe a second one... What do you think I should get? How useful is Sir Pig really?

Also I'm wondering if maybe I should hold off buying anything until next month in case of black friday sales. Is there always a sale - and what sort of things might be offered? I'm careful but I have still lost gems to gemtraps a couple of times already, so I do worry about holding on to gems instead of using them.

Or other suggestions? I don't have any immediate need for red petals but I do want to get a source at some point. Living wood and wool haven't been an issue for me at all so far - stables are giving me enough wool for my current needs and I'm often maxed on living wood.
    I would go for Sir Pigglesworth. He has great drops. Including the occasional gem (very rare) and energy (also rare).
    Having all 3 fruit trees (apple, lemon, orange) will let you do that fruit trade when you unlock it.
    There have been Black Friday sales, good ones too. But I didn't buy anything until last year and have been level 50 for several years. A second wizard school was my goal I think after Sir Pigglesworth. Can never have too much energy.
    I play for fun ❤️🏰👸🏼 CS: kiro kingdom.

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks for the advice :-)

I had an amazing piece of luck this morning. I decided I would wait until my knights returned from their adventure just in case and then buy my apple tree - not really expecting anything since I've had one useful random crate drop in many weeks of adventuring - and then I got a crate with an apple tree in it! (Seriously, this is probably the luckiest thing that has happened to me in any of these games). Sir Pigglesworth, here I come...

So I guess I will keep my gems for a second wizard school - hopefully by the time I've got enough, I will have a few more spellbooks (and also a space to put it in).

I have been wondering about the fairie skunkhouse though, because I always seem to need more rat tails. Even when I'm growing heaps of wheat and sugar my skunkupine spawn rate is so low.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by jesslc41 View Post
    Thanks for the advice :-)

I had an amazing piece of luck this morning. I decided I would wait until my knights returned from their adventure just in case and then buy my apple tree - not really expecting anything since I've had one useful random crate drop in many weeks of adventuring - and then I got a crate with an apple tree in it! (Seriously, this is probably the luckiest thing that has happened to me in any of these games). Sir Pigglesworth, here I come...

So I guess I will keep my gems for a second wizard school - hopefully by the time I've got enough, I will have a few more spellbooks (and also a space to put it in).

I have been wondering about the fairie skunkhouse though, because I always seem to need more rat tails. Even when I'm growing heaps of wheat and sugar my skunkupine spawn rate is so low.
    There was a time somewhere around when I was lvl 30-35 I think when I needed rat tails. I changed very quickly though and now I'm almost always maxed out on them. Especially if you participate in events you will soon find that lots of pets drop them and they should soon pile up

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by LuluBellax View Post
    There was a time somewhere around when I was lvl 30-35 I think when I needed rat tails. I changed very quickly though and now I'm almost always maxed out on them. Especially if you participate in events you will soon find that lots of pets drop them and they should soon pile up
    Thanks LuluBellax. I got a ghostpea from the Halloween event and it's kind of helping with my rat tail shortage (I still have a shortage, it's just not quite as bad). I ended up spending all my gems on a second wizard school anyway, so now I can't afford anything for a while.

New Resident

What to spend gems on

I restarted this game after a couple of years away (couldn?t remember old account). I bought some gems and have 1800. What are the best things that I can buy? I have a quest to buy a rooted mine. 400 gems, 100 gem reward for buying. Is that worth it?

Fashion Designer
    Definitely not rooted mines, do not spend gems on this terrible buy.

You didn't say where on the game you're and what purchase you've already made. In this game now extra energy sources are crucial to complete timed events that are very energy intensive.

I'd get 2 wizard schools first. Also if you have a discount for Beast Bane then get it. Then I'd hold tight to my gems, watch all the gem traps by tapping very slowly, and wait till the next sale which may be this July 4? Every Monday they'll have a darling door buster sale which mostly offers silly useless animals but sometimes they have something great for sale as well. When there's a massive sale like Thanksgiving of Easter sale I'll get alicorns, gold mines, bounty table, cabbage hut, etc. These are wonderful to have and they're usually half off during those sales.

New Resident
    Only level 10. Have 1 wizards school and one orange tree. How do the sales generally work? Is it on gems or on items purchased by gems? Is everything off from it?s the last one?

Executive Chef
    Sales on gems come and go.
    I think the sale Melany77 means is on items purchased by gems.
    They never put everything on sale, but things that are are often half priced.

I agree the best purchase is a second wizard school. (you can't have more than 2)
    You can upgrade them with spellbooks from a Library or Old Thomas House, and they are very good energy suppliers.
    Fruit trees and glimmerdust troves are handy, but you sometimes win them as a 'box drop' from adventures.
    If you could manage to hold onto your gems for a big sale it would be a very good thing!

Be careful not to spent your gems on stuff you don't want. There is no 'confirmation button' so if you click on something that costs gems you lose your gems.
    The most dangerous is the 'speed up' option always appearing in your game when you click on something that is not ready yet. (it's called a 'gem trap' when you tap on it, there is no way to undo it)
    Good luck!
    Last edited by RonjaR82; 06-18-19 at 03:05 AM.

Nightclub Owner
    I would hold onto those gems until a nice sale with daily alicorns comes along. I agree with the wizard school purchase as well.

Opinion on best investment (gem-wise)?

I don?t buy gems but I?m up to 223 and I?m going to prioritize things that have a chance for gems so that I can run up a total for a good purchase. Such as the caves adventure, various animals, and the 1 gem trade- though the last has a high energy usage to gem ratio.

I want the biggest bang for my buck. My thinking right now is the cabbage hut. (Side note: I have both wizard schools)

I only have one ali that I got from an event and would really like some energy droppers. I could save up for a full ali but that?s a one-time investment (plus it would take me forever to get that many gems). With a cabbage hut, I could save up cabbages and use them when an energy dropper is in the Baron?s tent (additional side note: is this reliably every month?). This would be an investment that pays out regularly for an indefinite period of time.

For those who have made gem purchases in the past, what are your thoughts on where I should spend my precious gems?