Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast

Thread: What to buy with gems?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    @auntyrose, the living tree timer is 4 hours, and it usually drops 1-3 living wood for me. It drops regular wood also. I have two, and generally stay maxed now that I'm done with the faerie quests. Don't forget to check the sawmills even if maxed on plain wood and ask neighbors to gift it to you also! If you were able to get a fawn, they have a pretty decent chance of dropping LW also.
    Thank you, four hours with 1-3 per drop is good enough for me, so Living Tree is next on my purchase list.
    "Style is a simple way of saying complicated things"
    (Jean Cocteau)
    "Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all"
    (Harriet Van Horne)
    "If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave"
    (Mo Willems)

Banned
    There's no point in buying anything with gems if they aren't going to make the events winable without spending money to win them and if they aren't going to update the cabbage hut. I'd wait and save your money until they change the game back to where it was doable.

thank you all so much for the amazing advice! I hadn't even thought of Wizard Schools. I was pondering the lemon tree, and a lot of people said that one for sure. What is a gem trap? I have trouble with clicking on items and accidentally spending gems to speed things up which makes me really angry. My 8 year old plays and that frustrates her too. Is that what you mean by a gem trap?

Quote Originally Posted by desireechance View Post
    thank you all so much for the amazing advice! I hadn't even thought of Wizard Schools. I was pondering the lemon tree, and a lot of people said that one for sure. What is a gem trap? I have trouble with clicking on items and accidentally spending gems to speed things up which makes me really angry. My 8 year old plays and that frustrates her too. Is that what you mean by a gem trap?
    You're welcome! Try to send off adventures as much as possible. Sometimes gem items are a rare drop. I've gotten sheep, royal pigs, royal cows, fruit trees, and a red trillium plant among other things. All the fruit trees are good investments, but I find I use the lemon the least, and it is the one I get most often from adventures. (I wish I could give you one as a gift, after 3 plus years of playing I've collected several). I got the Apple first, due to needing a golden apple for Sir Pigglesworth.

You are correct about the gem traps. Occasionally the board shifts just the slightest bit while collecting and the speed up button gets hit. Players have been asking for a gem spending confirmation option ever since I've been playing, but so far no luck. The only solution I have found is to go more slowly when collecting a bunch of items that are close together.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Host(ess)
    gREAT QUESTION - but the real dilemma is how to get gems? I have none and would like to be able to get a school a barracks and other tings only gems can buy. I was fortunate to receive a lemon tree as a drop - maybe an orange tree will also fall.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by cng500 View Post
    gREAT QUESTION - but the real dilemma is how to get gems? I have none and would like to be able to get a school a barracks and other tings only gems can buy. I was fortunate to receive a lemon tree as a drop - maybe an orange tree will also fall.
    I responded to your similar question in another thread with a link to info on how to get gems

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by desireechance View Post
    Yeah. We call it Gem trap - where we accidentally speed up something stupid like speed up dragon for 80 gems....and this sucks! Or gem trap is also when we buy some gem item - which ends up being next to worthless considering the drop rate or items.

Best items I have invested in with ZERO regrets: Wizard schools - 10 energy from fully upgraded one ( can have 2). Rooted mine - drops enchanter's essence and crafting items. Cabbage hut - although it is pretty expensive - if you have one for gems and other one for golden tokens - you get to have at least two main prizes from paron's tent per month - or you can wait longer ( if you don't like prizes ) ...and then use them all once something awesome appears next time. I'm usually having 200 - 300 cabbages - and if alicorns are in tent - I buy them all. GOLD mines- those drop goleen items - and I have enough to craft 5 gems pretty often - so this is quite good investment. Barracks - extra place to use for adventures - one of the best investments I have ever made in this game. Other than that - I do have 3 living trees - which are somewhat useful - during the events which eat up living wood rapidly.

Barracks on sale - Should I buy?

Hi, I'm level 30 and the barracks have been mentioned before. Is it worth the money to buy now? Or do I get it free later as a quest?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kissyfacefermi View Post
    Hi, I'm level 30 and the barracks have been mentioned before. Is it worth the money to buy now? Or do I get it free later as a quest?
    There is a little side goal at some point in the game to buy the Barracks and be rewarded some gems back (maybe 20?) but it has never been offered as a free item so if you're interested in it, get it now while it's on sale. It's quite handy for sending out extra adventures & definitely useful right now, for the current Toadstool quest.
    Last edited by NorthWoodsKingdom; 08-18-17 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Add'l info

Rhino Keeper
    I'm at level 21 - just finished the tablet goals and have just started on Thurston. I have already bought 1 wizard school, and I have 1 orange tree and 1 glimmerdust trove from quests.

I have 119 gems and I'm thinking my next purchase should be an apple tree since Sir Pigglesworth is meant to be pretty useful (all I need to get him is a golden apple), and also there's some gem trade with the fruit pie down the track. I considered a second wizard school too but I'd like to save up some more spell books first. And I am constantly needing more glimmerdust than I get from one trove so maybe a second one... What do you think I should get? How useful is Sir Pig really?

Also I'm wondering if maybe I should hold off buying anything until next month in case of black friday sales. Is there always a sale - and what sort of things might be offered? I'm careful but I have still lost gems to gemtraps a couple of times already, so I do worry about holding on to gems instead of using them.

Or other suggestions? I don't have any immediate need for red petals but I do want to get a source at some point. Living wood and wool haven't been an issue for me at all so far - stables are giving me enough wool for my current needs and I'm often maxed on living wood.