Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: What to buy with gems?

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by missharleyO3 View Post
    Truly appreciate ur input! I think i will get it! Thanks so much!
    I love items that have multi-drops. I have 2 of these and they're great. Feasts are a rarer drop than the other items, but it does drop useful items for lower levelled players which is excellent. I used to love it when it dropped bread as that took ages to prepare

Thank u so much. Will definitely get it 4 sure now! 😆

Fashion Designer
    Nothing because there's no confirmation so they just disappear sadly.

Executive Chef
    I think the question here is what to choose with the gems I have saved. I would answer anything that gives you returns for your kingdom.. Alis especially if you have saved enough and better during sale offers.

Waiting on the future of a game is not an immediate answer for sure, and if you have the gems on hand, why not spending them. One reason is to keep the game live and flourishing and the other reason is why leave gems in the pot if you have to leave. On either hand.. they are earned to use in your kingdom. For players who regularly/usually buy gems they have always done so for personal reasons and enjoyment in the game.. this we still have.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Question What would you recommend.....

to a new player on what they should actually spend gems on?

there are so many options and considering a finite amount of $ one is able to spend on a game - what would you suggest that I definitely invest my gems in?

Thanks!

Wizard schools. You can have 2 and when fully upgraded they give 10 energy each every 5 hours.

A red trillium plant for red petals.

At least one sheep for wool.

The living tree for a guaranteed source of living wood.

One of each fruit tree....Eventually.

I listed these in order of what I found to be the most important in my experience. Red petals, wool, and living wood are heavily required in upgrades, and it takes a while to earn extra sources for these drops from special events.
    Last edited by PrincessCupOButter; 04-13-17 at 02:49 PM.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Gold mines if they are still on sale.
    Wielder of the first imitation Thuakie Sword! ⚪✈➖➖➖▶ Fighting imaginary dragons with costume swords. Level 50, accepts new neighbors. Now free player due to kingdom inn, glimmer Ali, and onyx board.

I second the previous suggestions and would also add at least one Alicorn to the mix.
    Longtime, daily player of Castle Story.

My phone is low on memory, so I can't visit neighbors. But I am active and respond to every request.

Add me if you're looking for an active neighbor who responds to requests!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    Wizard schools. You can have 2 and when fully upgraded they give 10 energy each every 5 hours.

A red trillium plant for red petals.

At least one sheep for wool.

The living tree for a guaranteed source of living wood.

One of each fruit tree....Eventually.

I listed these in order of what I found to be the most importance in my experience. Red petals, living wood, and living wood are heavily required in upgrades, and it takes a while to earn extra sources for these drops from special events.
    Can I ask how many living wood the Living Tree drops and how long the collection time is? I've just started part of the faerie goals and they require a lot of living wood - faerie sap. I don't have the living tree but I'm thinking I should, 120 gems isn't too bad if the collection time isn't that long.

To stay on topic, I think your list is perfect for a new player.

Desireechance these are the items you'll have trouble with.... a lot, so if you can get all these items it will help tremendously but like PrincessCupOButter said, upgrade those Wizard Schools as soon as you can so you're getting the full benefit of them. Easier said than done I'm still waiting on spell books to upgrade mine, but I'm getting there, you will too. I plan on buying the second one too, I have no luck getting Alicorn parts so I only have one lonely Alicorn, I need more sources of energy drops.... so Wizard School it is.
    "Style is a simple way of saying complicated things"
    (Jean Cocteau)
    "Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all"
    (Harriet Van Horne)
    "If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave"
    (Mo Willems)

Golden mine is an excellent suggestion, currently they aren't on sale, but watch the sales and special offer thread...and the market...for them to go on sale again.

Same with the Alicorn. Those are a very good investment, but I'd definitely wait for them to go on sale before buying, 600 gems is a bit expensive for my taste. . There is currently a daily alicorn on sale for 250 gems, but for the Black Friday sale, some dailies were as low as 125-150 gems. That's when I'd recommend getting those.

@auntyrose, the living tree timer is 4 hours, and it usually drops 1-3 living wood for me. It drops regular wood also.
    I have two, and generally stay maxed now that I'm done with the faerie quests. Don't forget to check the sawmills even if maxed on plain wood and ask neighbors to gift it to you also! If you were able to get a fawn, they have a pretty decent chance of dropping LW also.
    Last edited by PrincessCupOButter; 04-13-17 at 02:48 PM.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending