Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: What to buy with gems?

Rhino Keeper

What to buy with gems?

In the opinion of the forum, what would be the best use of gems in my kingdom and what are the best uses in general?

I have already purchased 2 Wizard Schools using the 75 gems I got from several other game goals and I am currently sitting on about 30 or so. I don't spend money on the game. I probably would spend a few bucks here and there during a sale, but I refuse to unless the gem traps are cleared up.

I was thinking of buying a lemon tree. It's the only fruit tree I don't have, and I'm in the middle stages of the game with a severe iron shortage, so I can only hunt bandits when I get 5 swords from Thurston's Fort.

I was also thinking about the Royal Manor, although it's kind of useless until it gets upgraded a bit. I do, however, like the idea of using gems on things that cannot be obtained any other way. Also, I am sitting at about 2300 RP trying to devise a way to get high enough for Sabina and the Roost.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Farm Supplier
    Would go for lemon tree if you still miss that one. You can earn gems with lemons, oranges and apples in the royal exchange so that is a good investment in the long term :-)

Rhino Keeper
    That's true, and it's probably where I'm leaning. I just know I'm going to get a lemon tree on my 1st adventure after buying it. Anyway, who knows how many gems I lose to traps trying to get from 60 to 120 for the manor? Thanks for the input.

I used gems to buy an orange tree and an apple tree and have not regretted the decision. You'll need the fruits for quests and also for trades, so there's a good advantage to buying the trees. Other than that nothing else seems to be a fair trade-off for the gems. I would suggest using your gems soon though so you don't end up losing them to traps!

Executive Chef
    Here's my 2 cents on spending gems (probably not even worth 1 cent though). I won't buy any because of the gem traps, I've personally have lost at least 100. So gems are very valuable to me. I would never use them to speed things up (on purpose anyways). In order of importance: 1 wizard school 2 second wizard school 3 fruit trees 4 save for future updates that are gem only and/or purchasing gem only items such as green arches and some pink animals i missed once I've accomplished all goals and expansions.

Since you already have two schools I would go for the fruit trees, very helpful with several goals and the royal exchange. I'm working on getting two of each as I never have enough, especially apples.

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks, everyone. Lemon tree it is (as soon as I get 28 more gems).

Host(ess)

What should I spend My Gems On...

Well I have been trying to figure out what to spend my Gems on and cant figure out anything really good..

I already Have the Chateau and manner, 2 Wizard Schools, Glimmer Trove, White Cow, a Sheep, Purple Cow...

Are the other animals any good for certain Items.. Should I get a second Glimmer trove.. Should I use them to speed things up.. Save them for later (hoping not to hit a trap).

What would you spend your gems on..

Brion

Rhino Keeper
    If you are good about not losing them in gem traps, I'd say wait it out. They might come up with another update that might require gems.

I always have doubts when it comes the time to spend gems

I think buying the apple tree and the other trees really worth it.
    don't regret buying the wizard school.
    just bought a sheep, and kinda regret it

in order of importance (imo):

1. apple tree
    2. lemon/orange tree
    3. wizard school

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast