Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reoccurring Problem when I'm Trying to Serve an Item

Executive Chef

Reoccurring Problem when I'm Trying to Serve an Item

This is not happening all the time but it's happening more frequently and driving me crazy.
    I'll b moving right along w serving a finished food and all of a sudden nothing. I'm stuck. Not going and further. I do the 1st tap on the items icon and it won't change. I've learned that I must now stop, go to my Social Tab, click on neighborhood, visit 1 of my nbrs, tip them and leave them a gift. Only then can I move on with serving the food. This doesn't happen every time but it's happening at least once a day in BS and w less frequency in RS. This didn't start w the release of iOS 8, it also was happening w iOS 7. With iOS 7 it was only happening every so often but now w iOS 8 it's an everyday occurrence. I never know when it'll happen, I just know it will. This is not something I'm able to take a pic of.

I'm playing on iPad 2 and iPhone 5s.
    Any and all help is appreciated.
    Please help b4 it drives me batty.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by ElaineCarrel; 10-05-14 at 04:45 PM.
    Currently NOT ADDING NBRS SO PLZ DO NOT SEND INVITE
    Thanks,
    Elainecarrel

Executive Chef
    Sorry to hear about this! Could you double check and make sure you have a stable internet connection when you're playing? You could also try uninstalling the game and reinstalling it and making sure to close background applications which could make your game run smoother. Please let us know if any of the tips help.

We've also had some reports from players stating that when they are tapping on their screens, the game is not registering their taps since they've upgraded to iOS 8. This could be the issue you are currently experiencing. We are currently working on fixing this.
    Last edited by SparklyOctopus; 10-06-14 at 11:19 AM.

Executive Chef
    Thanks SparklyOctpus for ur input.
    1. I have steady/stable internet connection. I don't remember the last time I had any problems.
    2. Uninstalled and reinstalled both RS and BS both w iOS 7 and iOS 8. Didn't make a difference either time. This problem's been around for quite awhile but has increased to 1x a day recently. I might've noticed it happening so much cuz I was cooking more frequently w the LTO truffle maker.
    3. Always run 1 app at a time. I might b good at multitasking but not that good. I even close the books I'm reading on both my kindle and iBook apps to conserve battery usage.
    4. I do have the other problem U mentioned about the tapping not being not being recognized, but the problem im having is much older as I mentioned in #2.

I hope someone will b able to help me soon, b4 I go crazy.....
    Thanks ;-)
    Thanks,
    Elainecarrel

Executive Chef
    This happens to me too, but I'm on Android. Normally you have to double tap twice to serve an item right (except on easy ovens)... but the bug happens on the first click. I can't say that it's not registering my taps because the tiny loading thing over the food appears after the first double tap, but nothing happens to the food, it won't move on to show the icon for the second double tap that will actually serve the food.

For me it only happens whenever I try to wait for the food to finish... like if I open my game just in time and there's a few seconds left on the oven timer and I wait it out, then the bug appears most of the time - sometimes it doesn't, I don't know why. But yeah, for me it only occurs whenever I wait it out.
    Last edited by PepperWoo; 10-06-14 at 07:30 PM.

This happens to me too in both BS and RS on kindle fire. I didn't have to go to neighbor. Just move on to any other task then back to the misbehaving oven. Happened frequently for a while but hardly ever happens lately. It got stuck on the first Prepare task. It's not related to iOS because I'm not on that. Just sort of stopped being a problem and I didn't change anything. But you're not crazy. I had the same problem.

Executive Chef
    Hey SparklyOctpus.
    FYI this occurred last night, 10-8, around midnight EST.
    Haven't heard anything else from u so I figured I'd give u a shout-out.
    Thanks.
    Thanks,
    Elainecarrel

Executive Chef
    This happened 2x today in both BS and then RS. It happened in BS around 10AM and then in RS this evening around 8PM.
    Do I need to email Supprt about this reoccurring problem?
    Thanks,
    Elainecarrel

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineCarrel View Post
    This happened 2x today in both BS and then RS. It happened in BS around 10AM and then in RS this evening around 8PM.
    Do I need to email Supprt about this reoccurring problem?
    Hello Elaine

This has happened to me on many occasions as well, as recently as this week. This is what I do when I encounter this problem:

Visit a neighbor and return to my bakery, if this doesn't work...

Close game and reopen, if this doesn't work...

Clear cache & restart. Leave the game alone for 5 to 15 minutes (do not open) & then open BS. These are what I do, but not all. It just depends in case 1 fail I do the other and so on...

Hope that helps you.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasha_07 View Post
    Hello Elaine

This has happened to me on many occasions as well, as recently as this week. This is what I do when I encounter this problem:

Visit a neighbor and return to my bakery, if this doesn't work...

Close game and reopen, if this doesn't work...

Clear cache & restart. Leave the game alone for 5 to 15 minutes (do not open) & then open BS. These are what I do, but not all. It just depends in case 1 fail I do the other and so on...

Hope that helps you.
    THX. I know what I've got to do but my whole point is that since so many other ppl seem to b having this problem, not just me, TL needs to figure out what's happening and fix it. I hate having to go thru this at midnight when I'm trying to take care of things right b4 I go to sleep. It's a pain in the butt.
    Thanks,
    Elainecarrel

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineCarrel View Post
    THX. I know what I've got to do but my whole point is that since so many other ppl seem to b having this problem, not just me, TL needs to figure out what's happening and fix it. I hate having to go thru this at midnight when I'm trying to take care of things right b4 I go to sleep. It's a pain in the butt.
    Thanks for letting us know about this. We'll pass this along to the team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast