Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Update 10/2/15: Fellora Plants

Rhino Keeper
    This week's update is basically an admission by the designers that:

1. Their long-term goals are driving down player morale, player involvement and therefore company revenue.
    2. They thought they could get people to play every 2 hours farming a single drop building (i.e. the Glimmergate) to get a chance at a rare drop to complete a long-term goal (Sister, Sister) within a 3 month time frame which turned out to be a vast underestimate since you simply can't force people to play every 2 hours. Instead they'll play as much as they can for a while, then the majority will simply get frustrated and delete your app.
    3. Instead of admitting and fixing the underlying problem they're looking at this as another chance to monetize the solution by hopefully inspiring their waning playerbase to spend money while completing this new relatively shorter solution to their initial miscalculation.

Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    Have you finished the faerie workshop & bridge already?
    Yes. I have the faerie workshop and the bridge. I think it must be a glitch, no?

So let's get this straight...
    People want goals that are
    A. Available to everyone (this makes no sense if we are completing a story)
    B. Easy enough to complete in a day or two. (Why? Don't you want something to keep you busy for awhile?)
    Personally, I wish they would add more goals like the sister sister goal. It took about two months for me to complete (with help from ivy's fortunes) and kept me involved more than any other goal to date. I'd love to see another optional caravan goal that would use up building supplies. I'm Maxed out on almost everything now (including enchanted and ornate items) so my workshops sit idle most of the time. I haven't spent any money on the game either.
    I love this game and it's disappointing to see people complaining about things.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    You are moving fast! .. are you doing this goal? Or doing/finished the faerie goals, ie the tea party, worshop and bridge? If not, then you've missed something. And you've got the Goddess Tree, Upgraded maze too? And done all the new troll things?
    I was Around level 39 too when i ran out of quests except sister, sister ( that im still working on). Only other quests i got is the Weekly updates - and been a while since i could not finish Them in one week. Dont understand the mid level player frustration as i always felt i had lots to do up till level 39'ish

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    I was one of the players that went from Level 30 straight to level 46 when the levels increased, so yes, I can see how you would be up to date. I agree with you about mid levelled players. There is heaps to do and look forward to. living week to week is just as hard isn't it.

Can't wait for the 2 days to be up. In the mean time, building stock levels. Sounds like the next 'event' might start next week, so craft, craft, craft! Happy gaming!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dalechristel View Post
    So let's get this straight...
    People want goals that are
    A. Available to everyone (this makes no sense if we are completing a story)
    B. Easy enough to complete in a day or two. (Why? Don't you want something to keep you busy for awhile?)
    Personally, I wish they would add more goals like the sister sister goal. It took about two months for me to complete (with help from ivy's fortunes) and kept me involved more than any other goal to date. I'd love to see another optional caravan goal that would use up building supplies. I'm Maxed out on almost everything now (including enchanted and ornate items) so my workshops sit idle most of the time. I haven't spent any money on the game either.
    I love this game and it's disappointing to see people complaining about things.
    Seconded, except for more Sister Sister goal. While I do occasionally complain but I haven't thought about deleting this game at all and I have been playing for over a year. I think this one is the most interesting game out of the storm8 games there is (which majority of them I simply deleted instead of wasting time complaining about them).

Good for you for completing Sister Sister in merely two months! I completely missed the forum posts about Ivy's fortune so I only got 1 log's worth of glimmer items, and I'm still totally regretting about not reading the forum properly. I only have 12 inscriptions right now but I have put Sister Sister on hold ever since the faerie update two weeks ago. Sister Sister is really taking a bit too long to complete... hopefully the new fellora plant has promising ratio of dark seeds and glimmer plants drops. I'm getting quite sick of seeing that goal in the book lol.

And I haven't spent money either.

Fashion Designer
    Thrilled to have another source for dark seeds!!! Planting some flora Ben though the quests aren't available for me yet. It will help me get to that point. Yay!!
    Back after ~2 years off from games.

CS: Level 50. FFS: Level 136, with room to grow. Not playing DS anymore.

Fashion Designer
    For me as a level 38 player the fun in completing weekly updates has been that I was playing with people on the forum. The regular goals are a rather solitary pursuit. Also the weekly updates break up the monotony that can come with week- or monthlong quests.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennerwein1 View Post
    For me as a level 38 player the fun in completing weekly updates has been that I was playing with people on the forum. The regular goals are a rather solitary pursuit. Also the weekly updates break up the monotony that can come with week- or monthlong quests.
    Yep when I joined this forum I was at the very beginning of the game, I enjoy getting the updates when they do come along to my game, I suppose it's catch 22 in wanting the game to continue further up the line to getting a couple of updates a month to be able to join in the fun.

But on topic, I am also glad to be given an opportunity to get ahead a little if the game to be able to grab a few dark plants etc along the way, that is if they drop for me.
    Last edited by PurpleScorpion76; 10-03-14 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Snake to able?!?

Executive Chef
    I just rearranged my kingdom some to create space for an 8 plot farm that I plan to dedicate to the fellora plants. Don't want to tie up the regular farm, but I figure I'll need to stock up on the blossoms for future updates.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast