Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 9/25/14 The Faerie Bridge

Rhino Keeper
    55lee55. I'm not reading the rest of the comments, however, from reading the goal. Build a bridge. Get over it. If you don't want the bridge, then go away to those the other games you continue to talk about. Enough is enough?
    , you spent heaps, that was your choice, why should tl enter into your every comment. More fool you for spending thousands of dollars on this game,just to get to a point that you don't like. Thankfully, I'm on your ignorr list. He he and cheered tipi all.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AnniePMH View Post
    No building materials were needed, just the 100 000 coins.
    Thanks for all the info,, by the way I'm Meeka

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    If you are unable to make more for the goal, you may need to go out on the Feral Lands Adventure.
    well, that.. is unfortunate. GUess i need to do that.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
    well, that.. is unfortunate. GUess i need to do that.
    Me too!! Sent it out barracks this morning... And castle when it come back from roaming bandits

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by starbows View Post
    Haven't even finished "Sister, Sister" yet. There are too many rare items required, like glimmer shard and glimmer fragments. So - if no good fairy will make these drops more frequent I will probably be done with this old quest in december. I just hope that the halloween quest and christmas quest will not depend on having finished any of the previous quests. And that I won't need any more glimmer stuff or dark plants ...
    I have only finished 14 out of 20 of the trades for Sister, Sister! I feel like I have been working on it forever, and now the Fairy Workshop Trade uses Glimmer Shards, too. Good grief! I want the game to be a challenge, but I don't want it to be impossible! I'm close to hitting the Delete button -- I'd hate to, I've been playing since nearly the beginning. But I want a game that's fun and entertaining, not one that causes me stress!

TL--please make these goals a bit easier to attain so that we are not pulling out our collective hair! Rare drops shouldn't mean practically never...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by katbtodd View Post
    Me too!! Sent it out barracks this morning... And castle when it come back from roaming bandits
    At least we know ahead of time

Executive Chef
    Why is it so hard to deal with a goal that isn't reachable within a few days or even weeks? Rome and Achen weren't also build on the same day, and your house neither. Just enjoy building up, slowly, steadily, piece by piece, bit by bit.

Frankly I like it that these goals keep me bussy for more than a few days. Yes, I could feel stressed over taking so long, I have 3 inscriptions, and still am 7 Faerie Blocks, 8 Beams and 7 Paste short of even finishing my first Faerie workshop, but I know, for sure, that I'll get there some day. And then I'll be happy: I've worked for it, and am rewarded. Yes, I could skip parts with gems, but is that as rewarding? No. Then it's simply giving money, that's easy, that's not planning, thinking, dedication...

Ok, TL needs money too, but I'm happy I can play everything without paying anything! (tho I did 1 time buy a starter-pack, both because I liked the items, and because I think TL deserves the money).

Please, stop whining... it's depressing...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Elen4070 View Post
    I am curious, i find it alright for 55lee55 to complain about the fairyline, but why make it a "humane" approach for the fairies? Why not for all the slain skunkupines and other beasts that have been explicitly ****ed, and not the fairies that have been supposedly ****ed? It is kinda cruel to keep them in jars and "use" them... But, whats so special about them and not the beasts we **** in game?

Eveyone has had a dislike to a part of the game at some point. The slime and new artwork included, not to say the icon when it was ponyland. They changed it. They did hear us out. So i think its excellent to voice our opinions, but i find it questionable when it sounds like youre a fairy rights activist. It makes it even sound laughable ( like some found). If it were a point of euthanasia and whatnot, then id suggest coherence, not only fairies deserve it, slain beasts do too....
    Well, let me see if I can simplify this.

The beasts do not have a relationship with our Ruler and we are not spending months kissing up to a few of them while keeping others captive in jars. We don't talk to them, build buildings for them, have statues of them and we do humanely **** them (I suppose there could be some who take a day or two to put down a Fangbeast, but I imagine most just **** them when we catch them stealing eggs). Some of us, myself included, "park" a beast in an out of the way spot to keep from tripping over them while harvesting strawberries, but we don't have a relationship with any with the exception of Pepe. Pepe is a different issue. Much as we may hunt and **** wolves who **** our cattle but we may keep a dog as a pet. We have a special relationship with Pepe, but **** other Skunkupines.

I feel uncomfortable keeping some fairies in jars while sucking up to others. They speak and we give them things and apparently they are a higher life form than the beasts of the forest. When we fought the trolls it was battles, not wanton ****ing. We even helped one of their kind and made treaties with them. We don't keep them in jars. We don't treat some as sentient beings and others as ingredients. We do treat the fairies as if some are worthy of building Respites and having tea paries for a select group, while we keep others in jars. I considered that unfair. I consider that liquifying some fairies and turning them into potions to please other fairies as supporting genocide. Fairies talk to us and trade with us. Magic or not, they are the ones requesting that we liquify some of their own species to pour on the ground! Sorry Pika, but I read the description of the Jar Fairy and it said someting like "A small fairy in a jar". It creeps me out that my ruler is so quick to agree to use some fairies as ingredients, nothing mentioning using dust from them, just give a Jar Fairy along with other ingredients.

I would be feeling this way if we were using captive trolls as ingredients. Sorry, if you can't tell the difference between a sentient being and a wild beast Elen. I am a carnivore. I eat meat. I have pets that I don't eat. I also don't eat other people's pets. I send my husband or the county out to **** gophers when they undermine my property, but only because they cannot be live trapped. But I do understand and support those who **** wild animals that attack people or their property. The beasts, with the exception of Pepe, are in the same category as wild animals who prey on crops, livestock, or the inhabitants of my kingdom. I don't torture them or keep them in jars, I hit them with my sword until they go poof.

In real life I don't eat my neighbors or trading partners in other countries, those of other races than I, or those I have tea with. I don't make their prisoners into bridge building materials. Sadly, human beings have stooped so low in the past and present in real life. I don't like seeing this type of thing in games I play. I believe it sends a signal that it is okay to abuse some to please others of the same species. Don't we have enough cruelty in the world and on the news? I see this step taken by TL as a tacit agreement with those who have no problems ****ing thier own for any reason. I am not throwing out the cake Elen. I am saying I don't believe it is okay to turn your trading partener's prisoner's into building materials. I object to see this in what until this update has been a non political, enjoyable fantasy game. I think it crossed a line with this update.

Yes, this is just a game. No, TL is not the moral police nor should they be. But in human society our games tend to reflect reality to some extent and always have. TL has chosen to reflect one of the ugliest and lowest things society can stoop to. I have chosen to object.

There is a difference in the game itself, between the beasts we fight when they get into our strawberries amd the fairies we erect statutues to and have tea parties with and send our knights to their lands to trade with them. They also keep captives of their own kind in jars. Direboars, Fangbeasts, and Skunkupines do none of these things. They are beasts. The fairies are sentient, albiet magic beings. In the game we have an ongoing relationship with a group of them.

If you cannot tell the difference Elen, I cannot help you. I am not offended by your post. I pity you that you are unable to tell the difference between beasts and sentient beings, even in a game. But you did ask why the fairies are different from the beasts we ****, and I have answered you as to how it appears to me. Others may have an entirely different view. In real life I have acquaintences who are disgusted that I keep pets and eat meat, and they see both things as equal and abominations. I don't see them as the same because I am not making sandwiches from my dogs. My dogs live better than I do. But there are some who see no difference between my rescue dog sleeping on a pillow next to me in my bed, and my eating a steak and shrimp dinner. So they will not set foot in my home upon my invitation. That is their choice, just as it is my choice to not to support a game that requires me to liquify political captives of those I trade with to build a bridge. Nothing I say will change anyone's mind about anything.

I too have noticed Maguar's absence. I hope it is temporary as I like her and she has great people s****s!

Has anyone built the bridge and found out what it gives you? Is it worth paying my way past the jar faries as building materials, or does it get worse from there? Is this worth spending time and money on this storyline? If it get us done with fairies, maybe so. If it keep them coming, maybe not.
    Last edited by 55lee55; 09-27-14 at 11:40 AM. Reason: The usual, spelling and typos.

Executive Chef
    I'm back! Did y'all miss me?

As to this whole faerie question, how do we know the jarred faeries aren't a different species? Maybe they're evil? Maybe they're an invasive species (with so many of us being maxed out there's lots of them), and we're helping the environment by capturing them? It was my understanding that the jarred faeries aren't injured when their dust is collected. I prefer to think they're released when the dust is used. Maybe we release them through the gate!
    Last edited by DessertWolf; 09-30-14 at 04:44 PM. Reason: removed banned reference
    Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. Close and personal friend of The Great Thuan.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
    At least we know ahead of time
    You got that right

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast