Thread: Portrait/landscape rotation issue

Executive Chef

Portrait/landscape rotation issue

I upgraded to ios8 on my iPad mini, and since then the game loads in landscape mode and will not rotate to portrait unless I hold my iPad upside down for a few seconds. I don't know if this is an issue with ios8, or with CS. In the past it switched easily back and forth. It only does it right after it loads; after that it switches back and forth just fine. I haven't noticed an issue with other games, but most of those are just in landscape mode. Any ideas?
    Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. Close and personal friend of The Great Thuan.

Executive Chef
    I had that prob on my mini too after! But I rebooted. Hold the power button and the side left buton down until you see the Apple logo.

That fixed it! Now the only issue I have is my notifications are in huge print and CS notifies me now ~ never did before now it won't stop no matter what I do!

Electronics toys. Whatcha gonna do? Lol!

Executive Chef
    I did reboot, but it hasn't fixed it. It's not like it's the end if the world or anything, lol. It's just a trifle annoying.
    Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. Close and personal friend of The Great Thuan.

Thanks for letting us know about this! Have you tried re-installing Castle Story to see if that resolves the issue?

We took a look at the game on iOS 8 and didn't seem to have an issue with it's rotation. Do you hold your iPad in portrait orientation when opening Castle story? Do you notice any other issues within the game when it's stuck in landscape, such as lag or slower moving characters? The problem could be occurring as the game is attempting to load all the features. Can you also let us know what happens when you turn the iPad upside down to make the game rotate? Are you holding it with the home button held upward?
    Storm8 Staff - MeowMeowBeans

Need additional help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Need your account on a new device? Transfer your account here!
    Like us on Facebook and follow our Twitter!

Executive Chef
    Usually I'm in landscape mode when I'm opening the game, and then switch to portrait while it's loading. Then I have to dip the iPad away from me, with the home button towards me. That fixes it.

Of course, I haven't noticed it since I posted about it, lol.

Thanks so much for providing that information! I'm glad to hear you haven't encountered the problem again - we'll continue to investigate the issue as well. If you experience any further issues, you can always contact support@teamlava.com so a Support Agent can review your account.

Executive Chef
    It did just happen again. I don't think there's anything wrong with my account. The game plays normally. This just started after I upgraded to ios8, so I was wondering how the two are connected. Do you think I should put in a ticket?

Thanks for the additional info! We appreciate you letting us know about this. How long does it typically take the game to load so that you can rotate it? Have you tried to load the game while holding the iPad in portrait orientation? Does this help with the issue at all, or does the rotation still not work?

Executive Chef
    It takes about 10 seconds for the game to load, same as usual. The issue doesn't happen every time, but when it does, it doesn't seem to matter if I start loading in portrait or landscape mode. Then I do the dip thing for about 3 seconds, and it will turn properly to portrait after I right the iPad towards me.

Executive Chef
    BTW, this is still happening. Has anyone figured out if this is a CS issue or an ios8 issue?