Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: How to unlock old goals?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by filochick1982 View Post
    The easiest solution is to allow them to be unlocked for gems. Players can choose to pay the gems or keep them locked forever. With this solution, the players is happy they get to unlock goals and TL gets an increase in gem purchases. Doesn't affect anyone who played when the goal was active and received the prizes and appliances for free. Win win for old players, new players and TL.
    Yes that's a good solution.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineCarrel View Post
    I like the sounds of this w making them extra or bonus challenges where there'd b different/new recipes on these ovens w the newer final prize. We wouldn't b rehashing old challenges w working towards old already earned final prizes but new prizes. Everyone would have the option of whether or not they wanted to complete it. Theyd b timed challenges but the timer wouldn't start until the player started it. A different 1 would b offered ea month and if u decided not to do it at the time there'd b no going back. No redos. Once the month passed ud missed the opportunity to unlock the old ovens associated w the new challenge.
    I like the first idea better because the second one sounds like an additional monthly goal. I know that some people are overwhelmed with monthly goals as it is, and it would suck to have to do both at the same time. It might even create a situation where people couldn't unlock stuff from the current month's goal because there was too much going on at once and they ran out of time. I know that I personally don't feel overwhelmed by the monthly goals, but doing two at the same time wouldn't be very much fun.

The easiest solution is to allow them to be unlocked for gems. Players can choose to pay the gems or keep them locked forever. With this solution, the players is happy they get to unlock goals and TL gets an increase in gem purchases. Doesn't affect anyone who played when the goal was active and received the prizes and appliances for free. Win win for old players, new players and TL.
    I agree that that's the simplest solution. But at least if they made new goals with the existing ovens, then older players who don't think it's fair for newer players to just be able to buy things older players had to put in some effort for could be satisfied that the newer players were "earning" the items.

Quote Originally Posted by sally_brown View Post
    ... I used to work at a clothing store, and what would happen sometimes is we'd sell out of an item, but it was still featured in one of the posters on the wall...
    well, i guess i won't be wrong if i say that it's really bad shop's owner who leaves the poster of unavailable stuff for years, lol )))

for me this situation looks like if u move to new town, make some new friends... and one day u and your frind go for shopping. yr friend wanna buy another set of shoes from old collection, coz she still has the dress but the shoes are broken. and u say "oh, what a beautiful purse in this collection! may i have one?" - and the seller says "sorry ma'am, but old collections are only available for purchase by our old buyers", and packing shoes for yr friend

i don't know wht it takes programwise, but since they regularly remove some decor, they sd find some solution to hide the ovens and rewards or to show it in the market depending on yr account condition/progress.

i like it in the castle story:

there are timed events giving some usefull stuff as a reward. events are for 2 weeks only, but in the same time the stuff released to the market for gems. sometimes it stays for long time, sometimes removed if it's seasonal / holiday's related, and then next year it's re-released again.
    so if even u missed those 2 weeks, u can only blame yourself and/or pay a huge amt of gems if u wanna get it in any way

i also like it in farms story 2:

i see ppl have some christmas stuff, or halloween, but they passed through their goals. and there is no locked items in my market list. i just wasn't there, so i can understand wht i can have and wht i cannot, and don't have to look at the eternal lock in all those beautiful things

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTurtle View Post
    We don't plan on releasing these special appliances to all players at this time - it wouldn't be fair to the player who completed it while the goals were available. Sorry about that!
    I don't think I need 2 say anything further on this subject. I completely agree w what Frozen Turtle says about it not being fair to the players who completed it while the goals were available.
    Last edited by ElaineCarrel; 01-19-15 at 08:23 PM.
    Currently NOT ADDING NBRS SO PLZ DO NOT SEND INVITE
    Thanks,
    Elainecarrel

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineCarrel View Post
    I don't think I need 2 say anything further on this subject. I completely agree w what Frozen Turtle says about it not being fair to the players who completed it while the goals were available.
    oh, but nobody talks here about just appliances! as i can see, people want goals
    if i believed that it cd ever happen, for new players it wd be much harder than for older ones: they wd have to pay gems to unlock, and to pass through more than one usual quest per month

but whatever. i don't believe. so i guess u wd agree that if developers managed just to hide it out of lists in accounts for which all this items r unaccessible, it wd be the best solution at least not to come back to these questions in forums ))

Executive Chef
    I don't see what's "unfair" about getting appliances and goal prizes for free when a newer player has to spend gems to get the same items as has been suggested. If these gems weren't earned through the game, they need to be paid for with real money. What's "unfair" is for newer players to get teased seeing stuff they will never be able to acquire. If TL don't want to release old goals to newer players, perhaps they should find a way to hide them. I really don't understand this mentality of "unfair". It's a quick way for TL to get additional gem purchases, if nothing else.
    I play Bakery Story & Fashion Story.
    I have too many neighbours now so
    ALL NEIGHBOUR REQUESTS FROM NOW ON WILL BE DECLINED.
    I DO NOT TIP so please DON'T tip me if you expect a tip back.

Rhino Keeper
    I don't see what's "unfair" about getting appliances and goal prizes for free when a newer player has to spend gems to get the same items as has been suggested. If these gems weren't earned through the game, they need to be paid for with real money. What's "unfair" is for newer players to get teased seeing stuff they will never be able to acquire. If TL don't want to release old goals to newer players, perhaps they should find a way to hide them. I really don't understand this mentality of "unfair". It's a quick way for TL to get additional gem purchases, if nothing else.
    I totally agree with this.

Rhino Keeper

Past Goal items offered in New goals

I've been seeing the Teapot lamp for a while and really think it would go well with the polka dot theme, and have seen several posts about wanting items that have been offered in the past. Some times Team Lava offered them again on Black Friday or during other special offers. I was thinking that it would be nice to also see them offered up again thru new goals maybe. I know the idea is to keep things new and fresh, but maybe it could be a this or that choice. So when you finish a recipe, you have the choice to either buy the previous goal item or the new offered item in order to move on thru the goal.

Just a thought.
    ***** NOT ACCEPTING NEIGHBORS AT THIS TIME *****

I would really like the valentines challenge stuff from last year to be available for a limited time those were my favorites but I no longer have them on my new device because I didn't set up a password for that acct 😕

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast