Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: How to unlock old goals?

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCoopMi View Post
    As expected, that's EXACTLY what happens. :-(
    I'm confused, what do you mean?

Can anyone explain what it means by ?old goals??

i started playing a month ago and i had just finished the sweetco goal 3 days ago..
    i really want the parisian picnic table but it is locked.. i was wondering if the goal to get it, is one of the old goals everyone talk about?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrinarhma View Post
    Can anyone explain what it means by ?old goals??

i started playing a month ago and i had just finished the sweetco goal 3 days ago..
    i really want the parisian picnic table but it is locked.. i was wondering if the goal to get it, is one of the old goals everyone talk about?
    Yes, that is one of the old goals. There are certain goals, such as the SweetCo goals, that start according to your level/advancement in the game but there are other timed goals that are only available for a limited amount of time, such as the Parisian Love goals which were released back in February 2014. The long and short of it is if you missed out on the goals or didn't finish them, then you've missed your chance for the items as well. There are certain times when they will relist ovens/deco items from old goals so there's always a chance you'll see the item you want in the future.

Post 396 of the General Question thread asks a similar question which was answered by myself and others in depth. Perhaps it will help you better understand the difference between goals as well:

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...uestion/page40

thank you for the reply and helpful references!

Rhino Keeper

Question About Those '5 Day' Goals ...

I don't mind the 5 day Goals. The opportunity to add recipes to a previously owned appliance is pretty nice. I do have some ovens where some recipes are locked by previous goals.

Question: if a previous oven is selected to add "new" recipes and that oven has "locked-by-goals" recipes, will the locked recipes become unlocked?

For example, I have the Pumpkin Stove, which would be cool to add more recipes to it (hint! hint!), given that it is a Halloween-themed appliance. However, I have two recipes locked by goals on it (I don't remember where I was when this goal came out; it was probably during my hiatus away from the game).

So, if this stove gets new recipes, will these old ones be unlocked?

Executive Chef
    This may not answer your question completely, but hopefully it works to add this in here.

I think unless they re-release the whole goal all together, they definitely will not do a 5 day goal with it - or add new recipes to it.
    At least that is what I think.

Whereas you can buy the 5 day-flash goal ovens during said goal, and it is not tied to a previous goal or goals. So you can buy them even if you have never used them before the flash goal. I think that is why they have never added any new recipes on to actual goal related ovens from past or present yet.

If they was to re-release the goal again (right now or even if the future) new players will not be able to participate, especially if they did not play during the re-release of said goal.

Right now, I think the main focus for the company, is just finishing the actual ovens that can be purchased by anyone, at any time, then adding new recipes to it.

(IMO) If that was to happen, it would not possibly happen for a year or even more, if it actually was to happen.
    I think to bring back all goals, would be great, but to tie them to a side goal is a whole other different thing. And may not happen for awhile.

On to your question
    about being able to unlock old recipes.
    (I will manage to try to answer it)

If they was to bring back the whole entire oven, then yes (as a separate goal) then add more recipes to it as a flash or anything else, then I would assume so - I assume you would be able to get all the recipes unlocked.

It may not be helpful. This is only speculation.

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks, kappy for the response.

They did re-release an "oven" that was tied to a previous goal, The Ballpark Fountain. I know because I did the goal when it came out. That goal had the Grand Slam Oven and the fountain so they do re-release previous ovens from previous goals. But, the fountain was the first appliance in the goal so I had no problem unlocking all the recipes for it.

I guess we'll see what they'll do.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ST4CoolGames View Post
    Thanks, kappy for the response.

They did re-release an "oven" that was tied to a previous goal, The Ballpark Fountain. I know because I did the goal when it came out. That goal had the Grand Slam Oven and the fountain so they do re-release previous ovens from previous goals. But, the fountain was the first appliance in the goal so I had no problem unlocking all the recipes for it.

I guess we'll see what they'll do.
    That is a good point.
    I totally forgot about that. Maybe they will then.
    I should have done my research. Instead of jumping to false claims/conclusions.

I thought of something else/a different scenario.
    So none of my points still remain. Sorry for that!

I did do the goal previously on 2 of my bakerys, but I did not do the flash goal/add ons on either. But was the 1st 3 recipes unlocked for all players? No matter if you played or not -when the oven/goal was 1st released?- I do not know.
    67/67 Regular Flytraps
    2/2 Flytrap Variants
    1+ Extra Flytrap

70 Flytraps Combined

Last updated 17/3/24

(Only Actively Playing Farm Story 2)

New Resident
    I remember in the past there was a limited time where we had an opportunity to purchase old appliances. Wish that this can be brought back in the game for Bakery and Restaurant Story!

Its seems as though there is a large request and desire for old locked goals/appliances/recipes to be accessible somehow. This appears to be going back a few years also. Some players feel that they worked hard when it was first released and those late to the game are just out of luck. Other players feel that new/returning players should have some way to access all the old stuff that is locked in our menus. I read that some appliances have come back with new recipes, and other things have come back as part of a flash-sale-something-or-other.

Across any gaming platform, there should be a away to select and purchase these, through gems/coins or both, so that new players or players returning after whatever reason can enjoy the fun in unlocking them.

I'm not seeing why every two years or so, the old locked goals/appliances/items couldn't be accessed as an optional side goal. If so many quit playing because they feel like they will never be able to access old locked goals/items, it would make sense to find a way to remedy that.