Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: How to unlock old goals?

Rhino Keeper
    I understand how frustrated it is to see those locked ovens, cos I play RS occasionally, and have to swipped thru pages of locked ones to get to mine,
    but maybe this is the charm of this game, it's like real life, you came late, it's gone and you've missed it,
    and yet there are always new things coming.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mytsa View Post
    I understand how frustrated it is to see those locked ovens, cos I play RS occasionally, and have to swipped thru pages of locked ones to get to mine,
    but maybe this is the charm of this game, it's like real life, you came late, it's gone and you've missed it,
    and yet there are always new things coming.
    O finally a player who understands y I don't want the old challenges rereleased to the ppl who haven't played them yet. Thank u, I wish everyone would view this situation the way u do.
    Currently NOT ADDING NBRS SO PLZ DO NOT SEND INVITE
    Thanks,
    Elainecarrel

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineCarrel View Post
    O finally a player who understands y I don't want the old challenges rereleased to the ppl who haven't played them yet. Thank u, I wish everyone would view this situation the way u do.
    Oh I never mean I don't want new players to get old goals, I just bid them to look at it that way if the goals don't come back, actually I myself missed out some goals and I'm still longing for.

Executive Chef
    I missed out on the Valentine's goals in 2013 because of lack of funds, with the following year came the Parisian theme so I didn't really cared anymore.

Also goals come out every month, unless TL decides to change this in the future, there will always be another set of goals every month to appreciate.
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

New Resident
    Seems like it would be good if we could unlock old goals for say 49 gems like the price of unlocking more ovens. Honestly I would happily pay even more in gems to unlock an old goal. TL could set it up in the menu with the surprise boxes and expansions maybe and by selecting the picture and paying the gems it starts the goal... I am not sure how possible or easy it is to code for phone apps so that the program stays small... It could be a nice win-win situation for those of us who only started playing last year and for the company to make their money. That way people who finished the goal when it was available wouldn't feel *****ed because the rest of us would be paying to do what they got for free. Just a thought.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineCarrel View Post
    I don't understand why you wish to withhold goal items to newer players who are willing to pay gems for them? If they are available to be unlocked for gems then why does it matter to you when you got the same item for free x months or years ago and have had all that time to enjoy those goal prizes? To argue that you 'worked hard' for such items is just ridiculous. There is nothing 'hard' about this game. Baking recipes and buying decor isn't 'hard work'. And if you enjoy the exclusivity of having such items when others don't, then how is that any different to spending gems buying boxes and having prizes that others don't get because they refuse to buy gems? Do you begrudge those who have box prizes that you don't or do you also wish no one gets the prizes you have from the boxes you've opened? At least with box prizes, you have a choice to either buy or not buy. With locked goals, newer players don't have a choice but to continue seeing these items locked.

Rhino Keeper
    This topic always reminds me of something: I used to work at a clothing store, and what would happen sometimes is we'd sell out of an item, but it was still featured in one of the posters on the wall. So people would come in and ask where they could find the item in the poster. We'd tell them it was sold out. People were usually understanding about that and it was no big deal. But at the same time, I couldn't really blame them if they did get annoyed, because featuring an item in a poster implies that it will be available.

I think it's similar with the locked goals. If you get there too late, you miss out. If my customer had come in a week before she probably could have have the item she wanted, but she didn't, so she has to accept that she doesn't get it. Fair enough. A new player could have started playing a year ago, but they didn't, so they have to accept that they don't get locked items. But I can't really blame people for being bothered that there are items there that just say "goal." To me, that's just like having a picture on the wall of some clothes that aren't available for purchase.

There are probably lots of people who don't come to the forums to ask questions about the locked items, so there are probably people who don't understand why the items are locked. I think a good solution would be to put "no longer available" on there instead of "goal." People might wonder why it's no longer available and still there, but at least they wouldn't think that they have the ability to get at it somehow and therefore be upset if/when they learn they can't. "Goal" in no way communicates that it is inaccessible. It sounds like if you do a goal, you get the item. Nothing says the goal is unavailable.

I have to say that my comparison to my store ends there. (Or at least my defense of the "you snooze you lose" perspective ends there.) In a real-life store, items come along once a season (or so). Once it's gone, it's gone. The factories are already making the next season's clothes. (Well, technically, they're making the season after that's clothes, or the season after that.) But we're not talking here about actual factories making actual ovens. It's not a big deal to just release the goals again. The second way my comparison doesn't hold up is that if an item is popular in a store, they sometimes do bring it back, eventually, or at least a similar version.

And who cares if I have an item that someone else doesn't have access to. It's not like the old goal ovens are antiques that are devalued if there are more of them on the market.

It's irrelevant to me if I "worked" to unlock something. When I put in hours and hours of work to knit a sweater, that doesn't mean I think that no one else should able buy an identical sweater. Why would I want to deprive someone else of something I enjoy?

I've said it before, but I think a good solution to the problem of newer players wanting locked items is to come out with new goals that use the old, locked ovens, with perhaps some sort of bonus for people who already had the ovens to begin with. Maybe not monthly goals, but extra goals (with new final prizes). I just thought of this: Maybe there are bonus goals that cost something to unlock, but if you already own the ovens, you get the goal for free.
    Last edited by sally_brown; 01-16-15 at 06:24 PM.

Seriously! I've been playing for years and have 38 ovens that are locked.goals should not "go away" ovens should be able to be unlocked. It's extremely frustrating! Team lava needs a major over haul...the fact that everything is locked and you can't progress past level 99 is ridiculous !!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sally_brown View Post

I've said it before, but I think a good solution to the problem of newer players wanting locked items is to come out with new goals that use the old, locked ovens, with perhaps some sort of bonus for people who already had the ovens to begin with. Maybe not monthly goals, but extra goals (with new final prizes). I just thought of this: Maybe there are bonus goals that cost something to unlock, but if you already own the ovens, you get the goal for free.
    I like the sounds of this w making them extra or bonus challenges where there'd b different/new recipes on these ovens w the newer final prize. We wouldn't b rehashing old challenges w working towards old already earned final prizes but new prizes. Everyone would have the option of whether or not they wanted to complete it. Theyd b timed challenges but the timer wouldn't start until the player started it. A different 1 would b offered ea month and if u decided not to do it at the time there'd b no going back. No redos. Once the month passed ud missed the opportunity to unlock the old ovens associated w the new challenge.
    Currently NOT ADDING NBRS SO PLZ DO NOT SEND INVITE
    Thanks,
    Elainecarrel

Executive Chef
    The easiest solution is to allow them to be unlocked for gems. Players can choose to pay the gems or keep them locked forever. With this solution, the players is happy they get to unlock goals and TL gets an increase in gem purchases. Doesn't affect anyone who played when the goal was active and received the prizes and appliances for free. Win win for old players, new players and TL.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast