Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Making Sense of the Battleground

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SANDSCApe View Post
    To each his own. Electric-Earth trumps eight elemental types compared to the 10 types trumped by Electric-Fire. But Terradactyl is already on my list in addition to Lion and I don't see the need for one to exclude the other.

My MINIMAL list was the least number of fighters that would trump ALL 21 elemental types.
    My MVP list consisted of the fighters that scored the highest NEBs overall against the opponents they trumped.

You can take the approach of raising what you consider to be a well balanced representative of 7 elements and hope that covers it all. My exhaustive approach was to actually score every single elemental type against all 21 elemental types and compare the NEBs. That's how I generated my lists.

But you don't need to go by the numbers. That's just my own madness. I have a very calculated way of doing things. In the end, it's still only theoretical since I don't have all the animals on my own lists. That means my actual fight club will deviate considerably from my ideal and still be fine.

I'm sure yours will be fine also.

(I'm chuckling to myself because I think neither one of us has that Lion or Terradactyl ANYWAY, unless your breeding luck has returned. LOL)
    sadly you are not playing anymore but I super LOVE your debate on animals, using caculations & theory to base on your theory good job

I love to hear theory & your caculations on the 21 elementals factor blew me away that is really very good work & thanks for leaving it out ... well wish I would have play FFS during my DS days so I could have met you

Rhino Keeper
    I don't know where the best place is for this comment but here goes.

When I'm in a battle I decide who I will choose to go up against the enemy with the following rules:

1) Look at the first (or only) "type" of the combatant
    2) Choose your fighter based on these rules of thumb(using loose scientific principals is the way I remember them). Choose your fighter with the highest rarity/level available to you with the rarity of your animal being more important than the level.
    a) for a water enemy use an electric animal(an electrical current will un-combine the water molecule)
    b) for an electric enemy use an earth animal(earth grounds electricity and makes it harmless)
    c) for a nature enemy use fire(fire destroys nature)
    d) for an earth enemy use nature(plants break up rocks with their roots)
    e) for a dark enemy use fire(fire dispels the darkness)
    f) for a gem enemy use dark(a gem cannot sparkle in the darkness)
    g) for a fire enemy use water(water extinguishes fire)
    3) Then check that the combatants secondary element isn't something that will counter your chosen attack. For example if you are facing a water/earth animal you would choose electric based on the rules of 2). But, the secondary earth element would negate your electric attack so in this case your should choose your fighter according to the secondary element of your enemy and choose nature instead.
    4) If the enemy has a first element that does not fall into the categories in 2) use same principals with it's secondary element(if it has one).
    5) If the enemy has a only a very rare element(not listed here) use your highest rarity/highest level animal of any category.

The first three rules should cover about 99% of the battles you will encounter.

I have found that winning a battle is mostly chance. In order to win you "must" get a Critical Hit. The chances of getting a critical hit are increased if you choose the right element to fight with and choose the highest rarity and level of animal with that element. But, since the battles are based on chance, you "can" get a Critical Hit using a Neutral Attack (nothing flashes when you use a neutral attack) and even a Weak Attack, although the chance is greatly reduced. If you choose an animal that does not give you a "Strong Attack" with one of it's elements try the other element on your next turn. Even with three "Strong Attack"s you can still lose the battle - and often do. Just keep making good picks based on the rules given and you should(eventually - maybe) win against a difficult opponent.

I hope this helps. Remembering the "loose science" rules can improve your confidence in choosing fighters for the battles and save the time needed to consult battle charts for every battle.

Rhino Keeper
    OK I have come upon an opponent that I just cannot beat. He is a level 20 gem fire hybrid. I see that I need to use a water hybrid other than water-nature. Unfortunately I have no super rare level 15 water hybrids. I do have a rare water-earth at 15 and a super rare water-dark at 11. But after try after try, they can't beat him. Am I doomed to wait until I can get together the gazillion apples it's going to take to get my super rare water-dark to level 15? I am SO TIRED of fighting this guy. And I hadn't intended on leveling up my hatchling any time soon so it's frustrating to feel like the battleground is going to force me to.

Rhino Keeper
    ^qinerp, it doesn't necessarily have to be a super rare to win as long as the element is correct. Take a look through the tournament threads as people have posted weakness charts that may help you get through the Battlegrounds. These forums and the people on them have been so helpful for me.

There is also a thread somewhere with tips on growing your food stash. Tedious as it is, the best way if you don't have coins for Charm Cherries is to plant & harvest Pears continuously​ and you'll get about 2,000 per hour - this can be done when watching tv or if you're an insomniac.
    Definitely take some time to search around and you can find some great resources. Best of luck to you!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213