Page 6 of 63 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Arena- Nightmare- 9-16-14

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by scarletdragon18 View Post
    Used a lvl 15 pyro pony in the first round. Critical hit followed by a strong attack taking down pandaffodil in two hits. Not bad considering my luck with level ones in DS
    I lost the first battle using my L/15 pyro; he gave 3 "strong" hits & lost against a L/1 Panda!! :/

Executive Chef
    My level 15 Pony lost the first attempt but my 15 Fire Glider had two critical hits with the fire attack and took him out

Fashion Designer
    My Level 16 forest is not getting the Tournament. Does anyone know the minimum level to be eligible?
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Executive Chef
    Round 5 is a lvl 2 Skyger.

My lvl 15 daredevil came the tiniest sliver shy of beating it after 3 strong fire attacks. So when someone beats him, can you please post the prizes? Thanks.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SANDSCApe View Post
    My Level 16 forest is not getting the Tournament. Does anyone know the minimum level to be eligible?
    I have another account don't have arena too, when u click in it, it said level up to level 17 to participate....

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sukyee View Post
    2nd battle level 1 armordillo, win using lvl15 lightning leopard
    Glacial Griffin level 10, win round 2

R1. Pandaffodil 1< Magnacore 8 EF
    R2. Armordillo 1< Rainguin 10 WW
    R3. Planters 2<

Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    Round 5 is a lvl 2 Skyger.

My lvl 15 daredevil came the tiniest sliver shy of beating it after 3 strong fire attacks. So when someone beats him, can you please post the prizes? Thanks.
    You're doing very well in R5 already! I think you may find out before me, lol. I'm just getting to R3. Wish they had a list of all the animals were up against like they do for DS. Good luck!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by sukyee View Post
    I have another account don't have arena too, when u click in it, it said level up to level 17 to participate....
    Mine doesn't even say that. It just opens the regular Battlegrounds. I wonder if you need to be Level 17 AND be finished with the regular battles. I hope not. That account plays slowly, but I'm hoping maybe I can get it to L17 in time to compete for the Nightmare.
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Fashion Designer
    Well, since I bought $100 worth of gems to buy an Emerald Dragon because I gave up ever being able to breed one, then decided I needed another fail first so I would have enough explosives to expand while I waited for my planned purchased egg to hatch, and although I bred for a fail but by a miracle of fate my fail was the Emerald Dragon I had coveted for so long, I have been sitting on a hoard of gems, some which I have used to expand a bit and some to fatten up my Pegasi Air Force.

But I have a pretty good nest egg left so to speak. Enough that 4 gems is barely a sneeze, whereas before I dropped the hundred dollars into this I might have been a bit nervous.

Yeah, the combatants get bigger and their "Level" goes up, but I just wiped out the first ten of them, mostly with my Level 15 single elementals and my Level 10 Pegasi. Like the other battles, I am either once again lucky or more likely dense, and I have had about the same **** rate, never needing more than two combatants of mine to one of the enemy, and it seems to make no difference whatsoever what I choose to hit with, because I have never figured out what beats what, but it seems so random to me that I suppose I am randomly lucky. I didn't bother keeping a list of who took out what and what element I picked, but the only difference I have seen between these and the other battles is that a single early critical hit doesn't always knock even the babies down. I won every time when I managed a critical hit, but it might have taken a strong or weak hit to finish them off.

I have never had a battle strategy, because until now I don't remember knowing who the opponent would be, but I have noticed a few things having completed the first ten rounds of this Battle.

First, The level of the opponent seemed to matter not a bit. The strength they had all were at least equal to any Level 10 I have fought in previous battles. The Level 1 cute baby Panda wiped out my Level 15 Multicolored Panda who only managed strong or weak strikes. Two seconds and four gems later it's tiny cute panda butt evaporated at a breath from a critical hit out of the gate with my Level 15 Pony.

Second, the level of my animal didn't seem to matter either. I admit I haven't tried any animal at a level less than 10 because I have a Full Album of 10 or greater so since the opponents seem to all be stronger to start with than would be expected by taking their size, cuteness, or level into consideration, I didn't. I am fighting as if the opponents are not cute, weak little opponents to start with because they arent. Trojan Horses, the lot of them!

Of course they can be beaten, at least the first ten. I didn't keep track in the heat of battle because I am an elderly Berserker and but it seems as if I won slightly more the first time than those needing a second go at them. It seems your prizes increase as you fight the higher numbered opponents. There seems to be some heavy hinting that you should feed your animals for the coming battles. But I noticed from the previous round of battles where I had the same five Level 15 animals I still have, that they performed no better in battle than my Level 10's did. Actually, I noticed the Red Pony, Blue Fang and the Rhino did either poorly and lost so badly you wanted to pity them, or their first hit was a Critical and they were proud of it. Those three have performed like that consistently for me since I began playing FFS.

If this Battle follows along the lines of previous ones, with a bit of flair thrown in with the special battleground and fanfare and Golden Trophy and all, I expect we are going to find that even those who aren't gem speeding and don't have an Air Force or a Full Album or even very many level 10 or higher animals will have little trouble finishing this Challenge within the time allotted. The first ten did not get progressively more difficult for me as I had expected. They started out in disguise with the baby pat me on the head and I will blow you up panda, but they didn't get worse. I think this might be slightly more challenging psychologically more than in actuality, because it takes some work to get past the idea that you are not fighting a baby panda, you are fighting it all grown up standing behind it's baby picture.

When I looked at the others like that, they were no more difficult to beat than opponents in previous battles. TL pulled an excellent battle strategy on their side. They changed the battleground and made it appear that the little guys and gals are super strong, which could cause us to worry that we might not be able to fight this unless we have everything I happen to have (purely by luck).

After having fought the first ten, I suggest that by taking each battle as a single battle, forgetting the previous win or lose, and not worrying about the next one to come, you will do just fine. Yes, as in other battles there is healing which takes time. It seems to be roughly as I remember it was in prior battles so unless you are speeding, don't sweat it. Your prize fighter will be all rested in an hour I am assuming unless there are some unknown surprises. If you have a strong army, it needn't be that large and you will win plenty of food to feed your soldiers. If you have a strategy that works for you or you follow someone's strategy which works for them, follow it! If like me you go Berserk and assume it is all random anyway go for it your own way!

This looks like a lot of fun and what a prize! I think it might have thrown some of us like me for a loop when there was apparently a big battle going on and no instructions, and then I would wager more than half of us lost that first fight with the baby panda and assumed that if a baby was that strong we could never win. I think that is the enemy's strategy in this battle folks. Call out your best Generals who will be posting here and win! Don't be fooled by the panda baby picture trick.

I expect we will hit roadblocks like we did in the regular battles, and I suggest we concentrate on getting past those, the ones that hold up a lot of people, rather than trying to figure out what to use to fight every single opponent, unless that is your preferred battle strategy. I think much of this is random and we will see that if we start charting every opponent, because we will find that what worked for me on the eighth one doesn't work for the next one who tries it. That is why I neither kept track and had I done so I would not have posted it because I think I might have wasted some of your chances to win with your choice but make you lose using my choice first. I am already wearing Thunderhawk egg yolk for breeding my Emerald Dragon as a fail!

But I think if we hit a level that we can't get past after two or three tries, it could be a TL trap, and then we will likely benefit by comparing notes.

Good Luck strong warriors! We will win that awesome Prize! (anyone know where they will put it or what it will do yet?)

Page 6 of 63 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast