Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Arena- Nightmare- 9-16-14

Farm Supplier
    And my game froze and I lost progress yet again... Has anyone else noticed this since the new update?

Am crawling in the tournament losing 2-3 times before progressing to the next round, this is with all with lvl10-15 animals using strong attacks. It seems I can only win with criticals that just aren't coming.

With a very busy weekend coming up I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it. Do you think TL will release this creature at a later date?

Executive Chef
    I didn't have the same problem. I don't think this animal will come in a later date. That's just my opionion .

Executive Chef
    Zenobia I'm referring to your spreadsheet for every level all this tournament and I'm wining them all. Thanks !!

Executive Chef
    You have good luck. I lost two battles so far.

Been stuck on round 8 and round 9 for a little bit but finally moved on to round 10. Really needing those critical hits!

Executive Chef
    Ugh. I edited out the mumbo jumbo here that was later clarified so as to try to avoid any more confusion. Nothing to see here. Move along.
    Last edited by zenobia42; 09-17-14 at 05:36 PM.

Maizee how is it going? What round are you on?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitelove19 View Post
    My brain clearly is not functioning today!! I believe you, Lee. For sure!
    I have some cognitive difficulties, especially with reading, so that nugget of information just didn't register.

Congratulatiins on the Nightmare. And since the goal is still there it seems I was wrong, but so it goes sometimes.
    The quest seems to expire in 5 days - it has a timer on it. So I think unless you hatch it before then, the goal will disappear with no gem rewards to be received. The goal disappears when the time is up, but the Nightmare is definitely yours to keep!

The troll goal stuck around because it had no timer on the goal. ;-)
    No problem. My brain does that too!

When I went back from posting here there was no more timer and when I try to get to either the arena or the place we just went for this Tournament, I get a pop up notice. If I click on either it tells me that I have finished all Tournaments and to check back later for the next release or something to that effect.

There is still the goal left to win and hatch the Nightmare in my quest list. It has no timer on it. I am just guessing because I am not familiar with these types of games, but I would suspect that if there was a time limit on the hatch as well, somewhere I would still see a timer. I lose way more than 3 gems a day to gem traps, but I buy gems and have an entertainment budget that most players probably don't have, so three gems may mean a lot more to those who don't buy gems than they mean to me.

Also! I have discovered that for every apparently silly question that I am sure everyone but I already know the answer to, there are some too shy to ask the same silly question, and many of them value 3 gems more in the long run than I do. What I worried about was some who might find themselves down to minutes a few days from now, have just bred a surprise Emerald Dragon, win the Nightmare in a last epic battle, and worry about what to do, if anything, to save those 3 gems. I was curious about what would happen, and what a person finding themselves in a situation like this should/could do if they obviously wouldn't want to have to sell either. I am pretty sure that there would not be an issue after reading Sand's post. I am even more sure that I can keep my Nightmare in storage and still earn those gems if I don't hatch her for a week, based on the fact that the timer has disappeared along with any indication that I am still playing in a Tournament. The goal however, still exists in my list.

We will know for sure of course when someone else's timer runs out, assuming that I don't already have her hatched and a mommy herself by then.

But whatever, it seems obvious that it won't be a big deal either way. The most that could happen would be that 3 gems would be lost.

This was a fun Tournament with a sneaky Trojan Horse strategy by the enemy and I agree that the faces of those super babies sending those whopper hits against an animal supposedly fifteen levels stronger than they was quite funny...once.

Then when I figured it out it was a pretty good group of battles. I think TL should be given credit for changing things around a bit, so that everything was not as predictable as I at least expected. Maybe this type of variety is common in DS but looking back to the beginning when we didn't have very clear instructions and it appeared that a Level 1 Panda was taking down our best fighters with what looked like little baby panda sneezes, all looked lost before we took down that first "baby"!

Nightmare is a pretty prize. The Tournament is not over for most, but at least a few of us have finished successfully. Zenobia's chart appears to have a good list of winners and people have succeeded using it which should give those with limited time and money hope that they can still succeed.

Thanks everyone, for working so well together, and zenobia for the chart! Thanks infinitelove16 and Sand for answering my question! After the start and stop way this game began I expected to hate it and I am still not sure why I kept coming back, but I am glad I did. At first it was boring, then way over priced, but now it is still way over priced in my opinion, but not boring! I like it!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by 55lee55 View Post
    There is still the goal left to win and hatch the Nightmare in my quest list. It has no timer on it. I am just guessing because I am not familiar with these types of games, but I would suspect that if there was a time limit on the hatch as well, somewhere I would still see a timer. I lose way more than 3 gems a day to gem traps, but I buy gems and have an entertainment budget that most players probably don't have, so three gems may mean a lot more to those who don't buy gems than they mean to me.
    Okay, so the timer on this quest is not like the timer on actual timed quests. This is a fake quest timer that disappears when you are done in the arena. I really do not understand TL's logic on this. WHY is there a timer on the QUEST... then that timer disappears? Shouldn't the timer be on the arena ONLY if the arena is the only thing timed?????

Anyway, thanks for clarifying that the timer on the quest does indeed disappear. And TL, PLEASE be more clear in the future.
    Last edited by zenobia42; 09-17-14 at 04:52 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Sounds like we finally have it figured out! Phew!

It also now says in the first post that it is a 19 hour incubation time for Nightmare for anyone still wondering. ;-)
    To be honest, I am tempted to speed through the battles & put Nightmare on my nest while my Emerald is still breeding. Hmmmm....