Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Arena- Nightmare- 9-16-14

Rhino Keeper
    If I were you (I'm gonna start doing this now to be ready for the next tournament) I would start leveling up your animals to at least lvl 10 I guess the higher the level the better chance you might also want to start breeding for super rare animals like the Sea Drake, Unicorn, Ox, ect. If you want to be more successful and not forced to spend gems like I was just my opinion

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by seekerbears View Post
    If I were you (I'm gonna start doing this now to be ready for the next tournament) I would start leveling up your animals to at least lvl 10 I guess the higher the level the better chance you might also want to start breeding for super rare animals like the Sea Drake, Unicorn, Ox, ect. If you want to be more successful and not forced to spend gems like I was just my opinion
    The thing is all my animals are level 10
    And I was missing 3 supra rare animals only which are non electrical
    Sea darke , onyx , and cosmic

Still didn't help me much
    I could only imagine how hard it was for new players

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by flowless View Post
    The thing is all my animals are level 10
    And I was missing 3 supra rare animals only which are non electrical
    Sea darke , onyx , and cosmic

Still didn't help me much
    I could only imagine how hard it was for new players
    I see where your coming from it's mostly all about chance to be completely honest but you never know.

New Resident
    I lost all the battles I didn't make it until 25 ....
    Do you think we are going to have another chance later PLaese

Rhino Keeper

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by lispy90 View Post
    I lost all the battles I didn't make it until 25 ....
    Do you think we are going to have another chance later PLaese
    Unfortunately probably not I'm pretty sure this was a limited time offer and only a few players got the nightmare I'm 75% sure there won't be another chance at this battle

Rhino Keeper
    That was unfun. Didn't like almost defeating the opponents, but losing with a thin sliver of red left. Had to Ultimate through a lot since I really wanted that pony.

Rhino Keeper
    For everyone who is discouraged right now...I know your pain. When I first started DS, the first tournament I bombed after round 10, the second one I got about half way through, and I ignored the next two. I was very upset and frustrated, and gave up on battles all together. I was also quite new to the game, so I had very few dragons, all of low or middling stages of evolution. Which, when you think on it, with the game being so new, pretty much most of us are in the same boat.

I, and several of the earlier posters on here (I suspect) are now veterans of about a year or more's worth of tournaments, and we used that experience to get us through this one. Which, take note, was very difficult for us too. It wasn't until I found the turning point, this time last year (which was finding a community of players who shared their tips and choices) that the tide began to change for me.

Bottom line is, yes, this tournament was very challenging for a number of reasons. However, it won't be like this every time, especially as your animals gain in level and variety. It will get better, I promise you!

Fashion Designer
    I made it at the last minute after spending very much gold to speed between rounds. Thank you so much to everyone who posted combos. They were really helpful. I definitely hope the tournaments will become easier as we gain a greater variety of animals to choose from and evolve them to higher levels.

Fashion Designer
    I've been stuck on level 22 all day

Rhino Keeper
    Did anybody actually end up buying gems to get through the tournament? When it first started 6 days ago, I never saw this thread and didn't try any combos that were shown on the chart, so I was defeated... A LOT. And, unfortunately, it took me several tries even AFTER buying gems to win the nightmare. Even though it came out of a iTunes gift card, I don't like what the developers are doing.. Making these events to persuade people into spending money... But I guess it can't be helped. However, somebody did say they're probably not doing this again, making the nightmare's value increase. And, having the nightmare, it makes me a little "happy." Probably never buying gems again cause of the things TL is doing though.