Thread: Fantasy Forest food cost and earning rates

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Farm Supplier

Fantasy Forest food cost and earning rates

Hi guys,

After failing to breed my missing album creatures multiple times and waiting for my fails to hatch. I've spent the last 2-3hrs typing up my written notes on earning rates and food cost for all to enjoy.

Note: Food costs are per feed. You need to x5 to get the total food cost.

24/09/2014 Update: Link to latest spreadsheet - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-D...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by redfoxytail; 09-23-14 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Added link to spreadsheet

Fashion Designer
    Wow! That's a lot of data. Now I don't feel so weird about having pages and pages of this stuff in a notebook.

Amassing the data was a huge enough task; analyzing it is another story.
    I would have fed and raised my animals very differently if I were able to do the analysis earlier in the game. I don't think I would have invested so much food in Commons. But then again, most of my animals are Commons -- 37 of them -- so it's not like I was going to keep them all starving at Level 5 forever. But if I hadn't already raised Pony & Ferret to Level 10, I might have thrown them out of the forest by now.

Thank you for posting your figures. Is there any way to make them easier to see?
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Fashion Designer
    I was hoping I could fill in some gaps in my tables, but we seem to be missing the same information for most animals, especially for Levels 11-14.

Please correct the Gem animals row. At Level 10, they require 2800 fruits per feeding; not 2400.
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Farm Supplier
    Also it's not very clear (took photo at night) but there are only a few bands of feeding rates:

Grey - starter animals
    Blue - commons/rares
    Yellow - rares/super rares
    Red - super rares
    Aqua - gem

So if the picture is not clear just go by the same feeding rate colour of another row that's clearer. (Don't know how light blue turned into dark blue in the picture)

Also thanks Sandscape I'll make the fix to the gem feeding rate.

Farm Supplier
    Yeah I've made many revisions until I managed to squeeze all this info onto a two sided sheet of A4 paper and was slowly filling it in. Because of the extraordinary high food costs and some creatures looking cuter in juvenile stage I mostly didn't feed them past lvl5 for commons and lvl8 for rares etc.

Also was super tired and bleary eyed typing this up last night. Will hopefully collect more missing data from ppl to complete the spreadsheet and then I'll update images & post the spreadsheet online.

I've ordered the spreadsheet from bad earners to best earners, so when I get a better earner I kick out/sell the bad earner out. Sadly there are worse earners than ThunderHawks so it'll be a while before I can reduce their numbers.

Farm Supplier
    Ok uploaded it to Google Docs - https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-DU...MG8/edit?pli=1

Sorry for the messed up formatting Google Docs does that to excel files...

Updated with the latest electric animals

Fashion Designer
    You have much, but not all, of the info in my post here: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....l=1#post960160
    Back after ~2 years off from games.

CS: Level 50. FFS: Level 136, with room to grow. Not playing DS anymore.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by hugpete View Post
    You have much, but not all, of the info in my post here: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....l=1#post960160
    Hugpete I looked at your link and did not spot any new information. Can you let me know what I'm missing? Thanks

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by redfoxytail View Post
    Hugpete I looked at your link and did not spot any new information. Can you let me know what I'm missing? Thanks
    With a quick glance, I see some info missing for Fairy Ferret and Jackalope. I didn't look through all of it.
    Back after ~2 years off from games.

CS: Level 50. FFS: Level 136, with room to grow. Not playing DS anymore.

Farm Supplier
    Filled in more blanks in earning rates. Added all new creatures up to Hedgehog update (today)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-D...it?usp=sharing