Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Update: Queens Gate 9/11/14

Rhino Keeper
    Looks again at date - 11th of September...so I assume it's tomorrow's update.

My other question still stands - Will this be an update for Queen's Gate only?

Edit: Typo
    Last edited by dragoniakingdom; 09-10-14 at 05:45 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by EBJW View Post
    It's a bit confusing, and don't know why this thread had been placed already, but the update is tomorrow, so I guess the new (?) things will be in the market from tomorrow on...

I do 't know quite what fo think of it: I have a king's castle as well, I feel discriminated!
    Hopeful some body come on today and clears things up.

Executive Chef
    Don't sure why it got posted last night, for the Sept.11th up date. Hopefully a mod well come on today and try to explain what's going on, thinking that can't be the whole up date,

Executive Chef
    Hydrangea hedges?oh boy,I'm gonna be using some gems,they're my favorite!(and I'm one of the few crazy mid floridians trying to grow them)

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by EBJW View Post
    It's a bit confusing, and don't know why this thread had been placed already, but the update is tomorrow, so I guess the new (?) things will be in the market from tomorrow on...

I do 't know quite what fo think of it: I have a king's castle as well, I feel discriminated!
    This was a teaser on the Team Lava Blog

https://blog.teamlava.com/post/970890...mber-9-12-2014

It is showing it will be released on 9-11-14 which it tomorrow- Thursday. Today is 9-10-14.(TL time)

I am not sure if any new quests will also be released.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Executive Chef
    I've looked at this thread quite a few times today and hadn't even noticed the date. Lol.

Host(ess)
    It is not useful for me, but I think it's a nice idea to provide walls, gates and towers that actually match the Queens's Court. Right now these items only match the King's Keep.
    Last edited by Bexx85; 09-11-14 at 12:08 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexx85 View Post
    It is not useful for me, but I think it's a nice idea to provide walls, gates and towers that actually match the Queens's Court. Right now these items only match the King's Keep.
    It IS a very nice idea. Which is why it is a shame that the new Queen's Court walls are architecturally the same as the walls that match the King's Keep. They just altered the colors a bit, and added brackets. And I guess the walls look more stucco than stone now. Really, they only match the Queen's Court in color. The architecture of the new "Queen's" walls do not match the architecture of the Queen's Court. They still match the King's Keep.

I would have loved to have seen a wall that matched architecturally, not just in color. Instead of the crenellations that are exactly the same as the original (KK) "Wall", it could have topped it with a draping, vine-like version of the flowering greenery that climbs up the sides of the Queen's Keep. Or, even better, it could have thrown out the entire KK-matching wall shape and replaced it with one that had Tudor style wood-on-stucco patterns like parts of the QC, and was more slender and elegant like the QC. And instead of the same exact "new" tower shape, it could have been something that emulates the cup-shaped balconies on the QC. Or at least has that fancifully sloped cone roof as the QC. Those are just off the top of my head. There was SO much opportunity there, to give us something new. The way the Peony Fence was actually new. This doesn't feel new at ALL to me. Sorry.

[Disclaimer: I'm an architect. So I am probably looking at it from a different angle, and more critically, than most people.]

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    It IS a very nice idea. Which is why it is a shame that the new Queen's Court walls are architecturally the same as the walls that match the King's Keep. They just altered the colors a bit, and added brackets. And I guess the walls look more stucco than stone now. Really, they only match the Queen's Court in color. The architecture of the new "Queen's" walls do not match the architecture of the Queen's Court. They still match the King's Keep.

I would have loved to have seen a wall that matched architecturally, not just in color. Instead of the crenellations that are exactly the same as the original (KK) "Wall", it could have topped it with a draping, vine-like version of the flowering greenery that climbs up the sides of the Queen's Keep. Or, even better, it could have thrown out the entire KK-matching wall shape and replaced it with one that had Tudor style wood-on-stucco patterns like parts of the QC, and was more slender and elegant like the QC. And instead of the same exact "new" tower shape, it could have been something that emulates the cup-shaped balconies on the QC. Or at least has that fancifully sloped cone roof as the QC. Those are just off the top of my head. There was SO much opportunity there, to give us something new. The way the Peony Fence was actually new. This doesn't feel new at ALL to me. Sorry.

[Disclaimer: I'm an architect. So I am probably looking at it from a different angle, and more critically, than most people.]
    Thank you. This was an interesting read. Although I really like the new items provided I find it fascinating to learn what people have to say who have a totally different approach. Very interesting! You have enhanced my way of looking at those features, now I can see what I would not have noticed otherwise. Thanks again!

Executive Chef
    It's after 3 EDT here when up dates roll out... Nothing yet and I forced closed and when back and still nothing

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast