Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How about a Chanukah quest?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by GiselleX16 View Post
    FYI "Chanukah" is the traditional spelling; I've been spelling it that way for my whole life as taught by my dad who was a Rabbi. Per Time magazine,
    Nope. Chanukah makes a "Ch" sound like chips or change, but since it's pronounced with an "H" like hot or heavy, it's spelled Hanukkah

Executive Chef
    Of course none of us who observe Yom Kippur will turn on our devices that day, right?

Now Passover, that would make a great quest! Collect all the items for the seder table: Eggs, check. Shankbone, from lamb, check. Salt water, from a special well, check. Matzoh - from flour and water, cook flat, check. Grow a nut tree, mix with apple, charoseth - check. Four glasses of wine - hmm, maybe one of those arbors has a grape vine? Bitter herbs? I'm sure they must be growing in Greselda's garden. Find haggadahs at the library - check. Gefilte fish - need you ask? Matzoh ball soup - the kitchen is used to soup. We can use the faeries' tea party table for the seder. And we could all go on an afikomen hunt!

Castle Story is totally ready for Passover! Maybe the moderators should delete my post so they can keep it secret until next spring.

Executive Chef
    Of course none of us who observe Yom Kippur will turn on our devices that day, right?

Now Passover, that would make a great quest! Collect all the items for the seder table: Eggs, check. Shankbone, from lamb, check. Salt water, from a special well, check. Matzoh - from flour and water, cook flat, check. Grow a nut tree, mix with apple, charoseth - check. Four glasses of wine - hmm, maybe one of those arbors has a grape vine? Bitter herbs? I'm sure they must be growing in Greselda's garden. Find haggadahs at the library - check. Gefilte fish - need you ask? Matzoh ball soup - the kitchen is used to soup. We can use the faeries' tea party table for the seder. And we could all go on an afikomen hunt!
    Yes! Passover is one of the biggest Jewish holidays, far bigger than Hanukkah. It should totally be featured in CS, Bakery and Restaurant. I actually wrote some ideas for it on this thread: https://www.forums.storm8.com/showthr...oliday-recipes

Executive Chef
    Since the "Ch" in Chanukah is from the Hebrew letter chet, there is no equivalent letter in English. For the benefit of non-Hebrew speakers, it's the same sound as the end of the German Bach or the Scottish loch, or the Yiddish chutzpah. The truly accurate pronunciation is not with an "H" sound, and it is completely OK to spell it starting with "Ch". Are you saying Adam Sandler is wrong? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chanukah_Song There are different preferred spellings, but at least a dozen or more acceptable spellings. As the rabbis say, the only correct spelling would be in Hebrew.

Rhino Keeper
    The matzah would need to be ready in 18 minutes or it goes bad in the kitchen.
    Also, i like the idea of a chanukah quest, battles could be included too. Have thurston dress up as a maccabi.... Yay!!!

Executive Chef
    Since the "Ch" in Chanukah is from the Hebrew letter chet, there is no equivalent letter in English. For the benefit of non-Hebrew speakers, it's the same sound as the end of the German Bach or the Scottish loch, or the Yiddish chutzpah. The truly accurate pronunciation is not with an "H" sound, and it is completely OK to spell it starting with "Ch". Are you saying Adam Sandler is wrong? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chanukah_Song There are different preferred spellings, but at least a dozen or more acceptable spellings. As the rabbis say, the only correct spelling would be in Hebrew.
    Yes, of course he's wrong

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12