Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Update 9/4/14: Anniversary Tournament Pt. 2

Fashion Designer
    I may be the only one disappointed by this Second Anniversary Celebration, but all I got out of this was repetitive motion injury to my index finger from tapping 90 times in a row to off the purple monster.

Two weeks worth of updates for this? Did I miss something? I looked all over and I have nothing to show for this except having to max out my purple dye again.

Okay, is this TL's way of telling us we have come to the end of the game? I am seriously getting close to having stash of 99 little fairies in Mason jars. Did we ever figure out what happened with that fairy thing bit a lot of stuff to store in out inventory? The Troll story was going hot for ***s when we built Kaz first a house then a Castle then he left and we never heard from him again. Anyone else find that a strange way to write a character out of a game? Then Belladonna and Sister, Sister which I am not going to send in my last Inscription and lose my Quest Book to sit and have nothing happen for a month. The Pyre thing didn't even have one artifact that involved motion, one of the small artistic details that makes the Kingdoms so interesting with bubbling barrels by the Potion hut, and the lovely fountain, to name two of many if you look closely. But now not only do we build a tent but it drops nothing of value after eighteen days of promises of something big. We got something, not sure exactly what it was but it was big in size only and I had no place for it in my kingdom, with it having no meaning. Then when there is the Second Anniversary of my favorite game and at the end of two weeks I have not even some useless item to remember it by taking up space in my inventory.

Where are we in this story anyway? I never figured out what happened with the fairies, but it was obviously not resolved because those of us who have been here a while still have many jars full of fairies. Our Troll areas that we were encouraged to build for Kaz were built and abandoned. More and more Kingdoms I see are maxed at level 50. The story and art with the unexpectedly inventive twists and little extras seen nowhere else that make this such an awesome game have been steadily deteriorating and while I have been looking, I haven't seen them here lately either.

Has this game peaked and we are at the end of the Story? There have been no letters from Agnes lately, Old Thomas only comes out as an afterthought like he did for this anniversary, and there was such a good chance to make us at least lol with the set up with Ivy and the yellow Skunkie, and there was nothing but a little bit of Ivy talking to herself? Did TL really fire the people who created this game? I was just kidding when I said that before, but did they?

TL, can you level with us about where this game is headed? The last month has been been nowhere, and the last two weeks, where there was an opportunity for a real celebration of a truly great game being here for two years, there wasn't even a card to show for it.

Sorry, I am feeling so disappointed in what could have been really memorable, and it is forgotten already. Do half of us even remember the name of the purple monster? I don't.

Sad TL, Sad.

New Resident
    I STILL have not gotten the Mystery Fragment from either of my 2 -level 5 mines...what is up with that? After reading many of the comments here, defiantly not going to use 50 gems to skip. Oh well....not even bothering to get frustrated anymore...I am really not in the mood to battle anymore beast...thanks TL for the, umm..."fun" tournament that because of your insane random drop rates I can't even participate in.

Finally got that fragment today (Monday morning 9/8)...on to triggering the practice beast. *sighs*.

Just want to say after reading the 3 pages after this post. That people complain because they hope TL read these post and correct the issues. I am, what? 10 days into a 2 week timed event and just now getting a mystery fragment. I have level 5 mines and collect from them when they are ready...so ya I think I have a right to be frustrated with it. My point is because of the random drop rate on that fragment I will not complete the quest even tho I will try...its in my nature. But I wont speed up anything because all the comments saying there not anything special at the end...
    Last edited by Phynix05; 09-07-14 at 10:46 PM. Reason: adding correction/update

Rhino Keeper
    Back on topic - and to answer a question from above - just to be sure I brewed the elexir first and then visited Old Thomas' House. I did not want to take a risk. Now waiting for the jousting arena to get ready
    Last edited by PikaSquirrel; 09-09-14 at 12:50 PM. Reason: removed off topic comment

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by silveryedges View Post
    Back on topic - and to answer a question from above - just to be sure I brewed the elexir first and then visited Old Thomas' House. I did not want to take a risk. Now waiting for the jousting arena to get ready
    A bit late for you, but perhaps useful for others. I did Thomas's house first and then waited with the elixir until my arena was ready so I had the extra 20 energy for battling the monster.

Fashion Designer
    So, I was all ready with an energy boost ready in the Exchange, my pink alicorns were waiting collection, I had a +10 energy crate... and the purple golem took way less than my maximum 40 energy It must have dropped loads of energy during the fight and each hit must have knocked 2 off the 99 total.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by katbtodd View Post
    I don't feel they are ending they just slowed down...to slow us down,,,, remember you old time players,,, we went months with out an up date,,,, then last fall we got hit hard again. The TL team, do have other life's then just this game,,, they have families and go on vacations... Which they did post in advance , it would be a slow summer for update because a lot of there stuff was going to take vacations,.. People be patient !!!!! Me ,my self ,I'm glad it was a slow summer and I know I'm speaking for others too,,, Thanks TL

Well said! I love this game and didn't think I would ever figure it out! Not sure I have, but it is tons of fun. I am learning patience

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Castloninian View Post
    A bit late for you, but perhaps useful for others. I did Thomas's house first and then waited with the elixir until my arena was ready so I had the extra 20 energy for battling the monster.
    Thank you. That is very useful information. Too late for me but I just did not have the courage. So far I have used about 30 energy to get the golem from 90 down to 26. Luckily he looses up to 3 power points in one strike and gives back energy in a generous way. He should be done with in the next few hours. And then I can go and relax at the tavern

Would be nice if you could continue to use the reinforced armor & sword after the quest but I'm betting they revert back to normal at the end and we're back to losing 2-4 energy on the regular dire boars.

Thumbs down Skuncupines what the heck

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Buttercup View Post
    Hey everyone! This week's update is the second half of the second anniversary celebration that started last week. It's time to head back to the Jousting Arena and fight a rainbow-colored array of monsters for the glory of Glimmerwood!

Also, for those of you who are stuck on last week's update, the drop rate on the Mystery Fragment for the quest Building a Mystery Opponent has been doubled.

The new questline will be available at 12:00 pm PDT and picks up right where last week's quests left off.

Have fun!
    I've been playing regularly all week and no skuncipine drops needed for quest. Super triple disappointed with this goal so far.

Rhino Keeper
    I can't recall seeing this being mentioned in this thread so sorry if it has. But when beating the purple golem I did not only receive 5 gems and 10 xp but also a few glimmer shards and glimmer fragments. Which were a very welcome surprise.