Thread: Updates and the choices they bring...

Updates and the choices they bring...

I love the new expansion and all that will entail. But it comes at that time whenever I have been trying for a little over a week to get one of Super Rares I'm missing, and with the lightening having no super rares, I've decided to wait a bit.

So, I'm curious, what are your plans involving the new bundle? are people trying to acquire and level up their lightening critters now? Or will you be waiting until the expansion fills out a bit more?

Executive Chef
    I personally have decided to take a small break from my endless stream of unicorn breeding fails to get the 2 lightning hybrids. I might give up on the unicorn and emerald for longer than that, haven't decided yet. But it was a FABULOUS change of pace putting in first leopard and pony in the breeding den, and knowing that it was impossible that it would be a fail - it HAD to be a critter I didn't have yet.

Executive Chef
    I need to wait cuz I don't have enough runes at the moment. So I will try and finish some goals I have left and hopefully get the unicorn soon.

Rhino Keeper
    Unicorn First. Lightning Second. The Unicorn is out of my grasp. May I tame one within the next millennium. Oh why do you run so fast, I'm too fat to catch up...

Fashion Designer
    I'm going to fill 2 small Electric Expanses with whatever I can get, even if they are all commons. The earnings of Electric commons falls between that of Dark commons and Water-Earth / Water-Nature rares.

Beyond that, If I keep getting Electric commons, I will farm them in Fire habitats, maybe replacing a couple Panda-drone set-ups. If I could be sure an Electric-Fire super was coming today (Friday), I might hold off; but then again rare and super Fire hybrids don't like coming to my forest, so I expect only commons anyway.

In fact, I went ahead and bred a second Leopard using my Unicorn. That way, the first one can stay as a level 4 breeder while I raise the second one. It's eating the same as other common hybrids, so I will make it my first animal to reach Level 15.

I'm also expecting Gliders to eat more than Leopards for the same income (that being the pattern among other types), so no big plans for those babies.
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SANDSCApe View Post
    I'm going to fill 2 small Electric Expanses with whatever I can get, even if they are all commons. The earnings of Electric commons falls between that of Dark commons and Water-Earth / Water-Nature rares.

Beyond that, If I keep getting Electric commons, I will farm them in Fire habitats, maybe replacing a couple Panda-drone set-ups. If I could be sure an Electric-Fire super was coming today (Friday), I might hold off; but then again rare and super Fire hybrids don't like coming to my forest, so I expect only commons anyway.

In fact, I went ahead and bred a second Leopard using my Unicorn. That way, the first one can stay as a level 4 breeder while I raise the second one. It's eating the same as other common hybrids, so I will make it my first animal to reach Level 15.

I'm also expecting Gliders to eat more than Leopards for the same income (that being the pattern among other types), so no big plans for those babies.
    Smart gameplan!

Though there is one thing you haven't seen yet to know - past level 3, the leopard actually needs more food to level than the other single element critters. I got mine to level 9 before breeding her and the food cost (total food, as in the number on the screen times five), instead of 5, 20, 40, 80, 160, 225, 350, 500, 650, the leopard costs 5, 20, 40, 100, 250, 500, 800, 1100, 1500. So a total of 4,315 to get from 1 to 10 as opposed to the 2,030 the other commons cost. But at level 9 she makes 316 cph.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    Smart gameplan!

Though there is one thing you haven't seen yet to know - past level 3, the leopard actually needs more food to level than the other single element critters. I got mine to level 9 before breeding her and the food cost (total food, as in the number on the screen times five), instead of 5, 20, 40, 80, 160, 225, 350, 500, 650, the leopard costs 5, 20, 40, 100, 250, 500, 800, 1100, 1500. So a total of 4,315 to get from 1 to 10 as opposed to the 2,030 the other commons cost. But at level 9 she makes 316 cph.
    Yes, Leopard is on the diet of the common hybrids; not the diet of the other starters, Still, it's like Aquatter income (almost) for Ferret food. The Skyger still looks to offer the better return on investment for any common, whether starter or hybrid. But - meh - I see L15 Skygers everywhere I go. I want the newest thing since I waited so long. LOL This is my very first animal to go beyond L10.

WAY too much pink though. I would have preferred more purple highlights. It's supposed to be lightning, not lollipop. Ah well.
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Executive Chef
    Yes, Leopard is on the diet of the common hybrids; not the diet of the other starters, Still, it's like Aquatter income (almost) for Ferret food. The Skyger still looks to offer the better return on investment for any common, whether starter or hybrid. But - meh - I see L15 Skygers everywhere I go. I want the newest thing since I waited so long. LOL This is my very first animal to go beyond L10.

WAY too much pink though. I would have preferred more purple highlights. It's supposed to be lightning, not lollipop. Ah well.
    Congrats on getting her to level 15 - she is beautiful!

And sorry for the misread where you said hybrids before.
    Last edited by zenobia42; 08-29-14 at 09:40 AM.

Very detailed and thought-out strategy. I was just considering wanting to get my Cosmic Phoenix and Sea Drake before I had yet ANOTHER super rare addition to try and acquire. But it makes sense from a coin stand point.

I use to keep two of the breeder creatures when I started out, but those disappeared a while ago. Practical to keep two of the lightening ones around.

Fashion Designer

... so I expect only commons anyway.

There's something to be said for pessimism. Such pleasant surprises when you're wrong. The Daredevil has decided to join my forest!

Also, about the Glider eating more than the Leopard, it doesn't! Eats and earns exactly the same. (Makes me wonder if they made some mistake with the Leopard diet. Maybe it was supposed to eat the same as the other starters? Well if they correct that later and reduce the amounts of fruit, I'm clean out of luck, aren't I?)