Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: EXPANSION: Lightning Leopard - 2014 Aug 28

Fashion Designer
    For players with limited funds who don't badly need the space, I suggest you skip whichever plots you can to find a shortcut to the Leopard. Maybe you can put some Electric drones to work on cheap Fire habitats.

Also, if you're able to reach your maximum number, max out your habitat limit BEFORE you expand to the Lightning Leopard. It will give you an extra habitat over your limit. But this will only help if you're prepared to work with just one Electric habitat. If you have 32/31 habitats (the free Electric Expanse being the 32nd one), and want to add Electrics or swap out habitats, you will have to sell TWO habitats in order to build any other. If you sell just one, it will put you back to 31 habitats and you won't be able to buy another one because 31 is your true limit. LOL. We can't win.
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

New Resident
    After the most recent update it shows that I have 2 things for the battlegrounds but when i go to the battlegrounds it shows the message that "you've completed all the levels..."

Is this a glitch that came with the new update?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ckap93 View Post
    After the most recent update it shows that I have 2 things for the battlegrounds but when i go to the battlegrounds it shows the message that "you've completed all the levels..."

Is this a glitch that came with the new update?
    They said they would fix it sometime today that we can get in and play the new levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Siahnette View Post
    Bonus fact for all of you : as I didnt rush to expand and get more room than I needed, my next expansion, which will be the lightning one, costs only 200 000. Which I will probably get by tomorrow.
    I'm pretty sure mine was only 50,000. I have several non expanded plots on the main island. And the habitat was free, it was just there when I expanded.
    I only downloaded this game to get gems in another game, but now I am thinking of deleting the other one to give me more time for this one!

Executive Chef
    I didnt see reported before, so: 4th expansion costs 1million and 18 runes, after exploring there are two fail shales to clear (each costs 250k and 33 hours 20 mind to clear).

Then, you Can Explore to North and east, for 1mil/18runes
    Visit my main island: ZX71

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by smallclimber View Post
    I'm pretty sure mine was only 50,000. I have several non expanded plots on the main island. And the habitat was free, it was just there when I expanded.
    I only downloaded this game to get gems in another game, but now I am thinking of deleting the other one to give me more time for this one!
    First I didnt understand why the expansion price to the electric leopard differs. Now I understand, that the more you explore (no matter where) the more you have to pay for it. Since I expanded a lot, I have to pay now 1 mill + 18 runes. But low lvl players, who did not expanded everywhere on the main island, got to the north island fast and "shortcutted" to leopard, they can expand there more cheap price. However then the other expansions would be pricy.

Fashion Designer
    I am really enjoying this update.

Yes, because I can't get and quit even trying for an Emerald Dragon, it is tough making the gold for these expansions and habitats, and clearing the rocks, but at least I finally got the Crystal Unicorn at Level 30, and that finally makes it possible to play.

Ultimately, that is what this update did for me. It allowed me to play. To participate in Battles, to mine a bit, to strategize, breed a few Monsters and to expand. In other words, it did nearly everything I asked for. Much more expensive, but not impossible now that I have a Unicorn. At first I was worried that we would have too many hard to get animals but not enough expansion room, but for me it seems to be working out well enough. I can't get the Emerald Dragon and after spending so may times trying for it when the breed time was seconds, now that it is five hours I am not wasting my time on something I have even less chance to get. I am resigned to working with what I have.

What I have is turning out to be a pretty good game. I have managed to breed all of the animals but the Spruce Moose and the Emerald Dragon, which I am no longer trying to breed. I am enjoying this game now. I have room to move and rearrange my habitats, and will have more when I finish expanding. I don't expect TL to put out a full start to finish game up front, but it seemed to me that the game was released prematurely. With this release there are more Battles, Expansions, Habitats and Animals. All are needed to keep playing the game. The limit on Runes were increased which made mining more interesting, and then they were lowered, but it increased again a bit once I used the ones I had banked. I would rather not have a Rune limit because unfortunately this game is so limit based when it would be much more fun were it achievement based, but still, it is a big improvement. Added to the fact that TL is a Master Monster crafter, I have changed my mind about this game.

Please keep up the momentum TL. It is starting to come together. Perfect? Far from it. But heading in the right direction. There is room for improvement, but just don't stop TL and leave us hanging again. To keep a game like this running it needs to have all parts moving forward. I hope those who worried about too many Animals, a worry I was beginning to have as well, feel better with the expansions and new habitats.

The Battles not only help us get a feel for our Animals and what they do, there is a much faster gain in food and money as well. I enjoy them and am done with this last round.

I too have a 2 showing for the Battleground but I have completed he battles and am hatching the egg, so I am not sure why it is showing, and I failed to earn the extra battle energies on Battle Level 76 ? but I made it and enjoyed it.

Please keep updating like this TL and if you could explain so even someone like me who has been lucky and has actually bred all but one of the Animals except the Emerald Dragon, why or how changing the breed time from seconds to hours balances anything. it was nearly impossible before. Now it is totally impossible due to the five hour minimum wait in trying for a nearly impossible breeding. Some I am sure are doing as I am and stopping trying for the Emerald Dragon. I can still eventually slide by because I did get the Unicorn. I don't see how playing this game would be possible for long without at least breeding a Unicorn. It is just going to take a long time for me to earn the $ with only one Crystal creature, but I do have the Unicorn.

Without the Emerald Dragon it is difficult, but not impossible. I do admit I have been lucky to have 42/44 animals at this point in the game. I doubt most are only short two right now, even many who do have the Emerald.

Keep going TL!

Executive Chef
    I'm still trying but no cute unicorns for me... Oh well, let's see how long it will take before I get one in my forest

Executive Chef
    Perhaps new info, I didnt seen before. You can expand to the upper island as well.

Also, what waits for you after explored (found at a neighbour): (many 250k fail shapes)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	szig2.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	504.6 KB 
ID:	15254  

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SANDSCApe View Post
    Expansions up on the ice shelf are beginning to look like they serve the same purpose as the [Dragon Story] Arctic Expansion -- to relieve the millionaires of their burdensome wealth. Isn't it rather ironic that this cliff is the Arctic section? Hmmm.

I'm looking forward to the bit of wiggle room I will have to move things around when these monoliths eventually get cleared off the ice, but I can't keep this up. Like the DS Arctic, this is consuming coins faster than even the Ultra-rare Society members can earn them. Really not for players who must save up for an expansion; this territory is largely for pioneers who already have a large stash of coins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyuszko View Post
    Perhaps new info, I didnt seen before. You can expand to the upper island as well.

Also, what waits for you after explored (found at a neighbour): (many 250k fail shapes)

Indeed, my excursion to the upper ice cliff has left me flat broke. As for why I scraped together 1 million coins to go there -- a vicious circle -- I needed to expand in order to use up my 18 runes in order to use up some bombs in order to get the bombs that I would earn from breeding.

So I've been effectively relieved of my millions, and since I don't even have enough coins to chop down a tree, food production has been halted indefinitely. It's okay though because, structurally, my forest is very pleasing to me. I have all the habitats I want (except the Big Electric & Big Gem that are slated for ... I dunno ... someday). Plus I've been able to rearrange everything, so now things are actually WHERE I want them.

I won't stay broke for too long, I hope, and don't expect to be buying anything for a few more days at least. Even if an Electric-Nature hybrid arrives on Friday (I'm expecting it), I can find a way to squeeze it in.

I'll let you know soon what obstacles are on the upper cliff.
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast