Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Unicorn On Strike! -- Fighting the Emerald Blocker

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    I appreciate your passion and will continue to share your feedback with the appropriate parties, but please be respectful and civil to each other.

You're welcome to disagree, but the community as a whole is here to enjoy the forums and the game, so let's be sure to follow the rules and make it a nice place for everyone. It's also important if you want to maintain a dialog about this since threads that get too far out of hand get closed.

Rhino Keeper
    Zenobia, I spoke too soon. My post got deleted... hopefully you managed to get the screencap of it for your own amusement before it was taken down.

Elsa, hopefully you'll forgive me for putting a user in his/her place that equated our concerns and valid points to being nothing more than 'useless whining'. I think you'll agree those type of remarks will incite a strong response and disrupt community cohesion but are hard not to respond to. -___-

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcadiaTofu View Post
    Zenobia, I spoke too soon. My post got deleted... hopefully you managed to get the screencap of it for your own amusement before it was taken down.

Elsa, hopefully you'll forgive me for putting a user in his/her place that equated our concerns and valid points to being nothing more than 'useless whining'. I think you'll agree those type of remarks will incite a strong response and disrupt community cohesion but are hard not to respond to. -___-
    If a player says something you feel is a rule violation, you can notify the forum staff here. Also, the forums has a feature to add players to an Ignore List by visiting their profile and clicking "Add to Ignore List". Please don't respond to or start any flame situations.

Everyone's opinions are valid and important feedback to us. Both good and bad feedback usually comes from a genuine place as players are just very passionate about the game.

I hope this clears everything up.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    If a player says something you feel is a rule violation, you can notify the forum staff here. Also, the forums has a feature to add players to an Ignore List by visiting their profile and clicking "Add to Ignore List". Please don't respond to or start any flame situations.

Everyone's opinions are valid and important feedback to us. Both good and bad feedback usually comes from a genuine place as players are just very passionate about the game.

I hope this clears everything up.
    Yup, it does, thank you Though, I had no idea there was an 'Ignore User' option on the forum or that there was a Forum Dispute section. You learn something new every day! ^_^

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcadiaTofu View Post

I did not, but that does not take away from how much I enjoyed it. I also hope everyone saw the post I made in the crystal unicorn thread explaing that I do not hate anyone on this forum, which it appears some people did believe. Tone and intonation are lacking in the written word as opposed to spoken and when reading, we all fill in those blanks from our own heads. I had mistaken others' posts as having a condescending tone, then my reponses to that were mistaken as hating on people here, which is NOT the case at all. I have nothing but respect for all the posters here. Or at least all who do not call others losers. In that post I issued an apology for anything that came across as hateful, and I was pretty upset that it was taken down, before knowing if any who may have been hurt by something I said had a chance to read it. If anyone is interested, I did save it on my computer and would be happy to PM it. It included a lot more than this paragraph summary.

And as for the emerald fail timer going to one hour, as has been said by a number of people in multiple threads including mine that was locked down rather than merged with this one... I think we ALL would be 1000% happier with the game if they allowed anyone with no emerald to have the 20 second panda fails, then the hour fails for any after that. This sentiment has been voiced by people with and wihout emeralds. It allows those who did not get an emerald before the changes the same chance as those who happened to be luckier earlier to get one. To be BALANCED as they like to say they are trying to achieve.

Since this post includes some important points about the topic at hand, I hope it is not removed. It IS on topic.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Petasos View Post
    Honestly I am doing my best to get 5 hour fails on my unicorn breeding. That would be awesome! More chances per day instead of the nine hour coons and foxes or 13 hour rams. If it is not a super rare it is sold in my world. So yeah I would be tickled pink with a 5 hour fail. I am doing my best to engineer them in fact. I posted that very thing in the unicorn thread a couple of days ago.

That being said it should be consistent with the breed time of the animal, period. So a panda is what it is, and it is not 5 hours. If TL does not want a 30 sec panda remove it from the possible outcomes, but do change it into something it is not.
    This just caught my eye. You should NOT get the extended breeding time (5 hours or 1 hour now) for a Panda UNLESS you have paired parents that could produce the Emerald Dragon.
    The blocker does not appear if you are attempting to breed Crystal Unicorn with eligible parents. If you were trying for another Unicorn with a pair of 2 Emerald Dragons or with a pair consisting of Emerald Dragon & Crystal Unicorn, those pairs CANNOT produce Unicorn; they can only produce Pandas or Emeralds because either pair creates a Gem-Nature pool.
    To breed Unicorn, the eligible parents must create either a pure Gem pool (no other elements) or a pool of 4 distinct elements.

TL is applying the blocker only to pairs aimed at breeding Gem hybrids where the pair can only produce either the desired ultra-rare or a fail lasting less than a minute under ordinary breeding conditions. Currently that's only Gem-Nature but may soon include Gem-Fire.
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Fashion Designer
    Ooops! That last post was supposed to be a response to JimCash; not to Petasos. I will try to re-submit it properly.
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by jim23cash View Post
    I have a Unicorn and 2 Emerald Dragons. I was trying to get another unicorn when the 5 hour fail popped up. Not knowing what it was, I sped with gems, only to stare in disbelief at the 20 second egg. I tried it again to see if it was a glitch. Unbelievable! It took me days of trying to get the Emerald Dragons. I don't consider breeding the same things over and over again for days "easy"!
    Now I'm ok with just having one of each, and I'd share one if I could, but it's not fair to change something like that at this point. In Dragon story, you can do the same thing for a couple of Diamond Dragons, and it still takes a long time to get them, you just don't have a 5 hour fail each time.
    This just caught my eye. You should NOT get the extended breeding time (5 hours or 1 hour now) for a Panda UNLESS you have paired parents that could produce the Emerald Dragon.
    The blocker does not appear if you are attempting to breed Crystal Unicorn with eligible parents. If you were trying for another Unicorn with a pair of 2 Emerald Dragons or with a pair consisting of Emerald Dragon & Crystal Unicorn, those pairs CANNOT produce Unicorn; they can only produce Pandas or Emeralds because either pair creates a Gem-Nature pool.
    To breed Unicorn, the eligible parents must create either a pure Gem pool (no other elements) or a pool of 4 distinct elements.

TL is applying the blocker only to pairs aimed at breeding Gem hybrids where the pair can only produce either the desired ultra-rare or a fail lasting less than a minute under ordinary breeding conditions. Currently that's only Gem-Nature but may soon include Gem-Fire.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SANDSCApe View Post

Very interesting. I thought because gem was on both sides, a gem gem option was possible. Are you sure about that or have you just had bad luck? My experience would tend to agree with you but I do not want to leap to a falicy of false cause. In any other combination a pure of any of the elements is a possible outcome, is it not? Which is why you get a panda when trying for emerald due to the common nature. It stands to reason the reverse is true as well, although very unlikely. Is there some sort of TL information to verify this? I know you asked this very thing early in the unicorn thread but did not see a response, maybe I missed it.

Once again it is not that I don't believe you, I just have a long history with forum fables. So far I would agree with over 300 unicorn - panda/emerald dragon combines and no second unicorn. I did get a second dragon though.
    Last edited by Petasos; 08-31-14 at 01:36 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by 55lee55 View Post
    I am really enjoying this update.

Yes, because I can't get and quit even trying for an Emerald Dragon, it is tough making the gold for these expansions and habitats, and clearing the rocks, but at least I finally got the Crystal Unicorn at Level 30, and that finally makes it possible to play...

.... I can't get the Emerald Dragon and after spending so may times trying for it when the breed time was seconds, now that it is five hours I am not wasting my time on something I have even less chance to get. I am resigned to working with what I have.

What I have is turning out to be a pretty good game. I have managed to breed all of the animals but the Spruce Moose and the Emerald Dragon, which I am no longer trying to breed. ...

...TL and if you could explain so even someone like me who has been lucky and has actually bred all but one of the Animals except the Emerald Dragon, why or how changing the breed time from seconds to hours balances anything. it was nearly impossible before. Now it is totally impossible due to the five hour minimum wait in trying for a nearly impossible breeding. Some I am sure are doing as I am and stopping trying for the Emerald Dragon. I can still eventually slide by because I did get the Unicorn. I don't see how playing this game would be possible for long without at least breeding a Unicorn. It is just going to take a long time for me to earn the $ with only one Crystal creature, but....
    You are luckier than you realize! With only Spruce Moose and Emerald Dragon missing, you are in a perfect position to bypass the Emerald blocker!
    Pair your Unicorn with one of your Dark-Nature hybrids, and the only possible offspring will be:
    Planther
    Peamoth
    Spruce Moose
    Aurora Pegasus
    Emerald Dragon!
    You will not see a single Panda fail.
    The fails you DO see will be Dark hybrids that you can drop into cheap Nature habitats to help raise coins for your expansions & obstacles.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast