Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Unicorn On Strike! -- Fighting the Emerald Blocker

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    While I do appreciate womething being done in resonse to the universal outcry against the 5-hour emerald fail, only resetting to what it was when the early winners got will make a real difference. Let's say it takes, on average 240 attempts to get one. Previously, that meant 2 hours dedicated solely to it to get it, on average. Now, for the rest of us already denied the luck of an early unicorn & emerald, which makes progressing in every aspect of the game much, much easier, instead of dedicating a solid 2 hours to it on average, would have to dedicate 240 hours. An evening vs., assuming one sleeps, eats, and works/attends school/has parenting duties/etc... Instead of an evening, we would have to spend on average THREE WEEKS, of breeding NOTHING ELSE, to get one.

Not exactly the same, is it? One evening vs. 3 weeks of dedication? Not quite the same. Not quite balanced.
    And you forgot one important thing. Once you do get that elusive unicorn (and you will get it) and you think your money problems are solved, it will be breeding for 240 hours making you nothing.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Petasos View Post
    And you forgot one important thing. Once you do get that elusive unicorn (and you will get it) and you think your money problems are solved, it will be breeding for 240 hours making you nothing.
    Exactly
    What the point of unicorn if it's gonna be on the breeding den all the time
    Plus people who are discouraged cuz they can't breed unicorn still
    It's not suppose to be easy
    Took me one month of failing breeding unicorn
    And almost a year in dragon story.

But u should think ahead as well
    The rules changed once I had the unicorn egg
    Now iam really not willing to try for emerald

Still cost 5 gems to speed not 1 as it should. So "fixed" but still broke.
    Yes, please fix this to cost only one gem to speed up.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Regina View Post
    Hi! The breeding time has been changed to 1 hour!
    Oh joy! The 20-second Panda now takes 1 hour instead of 5 hours. So it's less outrageous, but STILL OUTRAGEOUS.
    Assuming you haven't decreased the odds of breeding Emerald (why would I think that?), a player should still expect to go through maybe 50 Panda fails; maybe 100; maybe 200.
    But 100 Panda breedings might involve an hour or so of mild curses under normal breeding conditions. A 1-hour Panda breeding extends that to 4 days! Okay, so the 100 fails won't take 20 days as it would with the obscene 5-hour blocker, but this is still wrong!
    This is not why players put so much time and effort into getting a Unicorn. Not to have it tied up for days at a time, sacrificing that ultra-rare income to poop Panda eggs! Meanwhile, not only are they missing out on the Unicorn's income, but they can't breed anything else!
    Have a heart! Can't you allow players to breed at least ONE EMERALD DRAGON under the normal rules before you throw down the blocker?
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Fashion Designer
    Still cost 5 gems to speed not 1 as it should. So "fixed" but still broke.
    Oh, you are KIDDING me! Is this really happening?

Come on, TeamLava, this is a disgrace! It really isn't about "maintaining rarity". It's about milking gems.

I'm thinking of the vast majority of players who never visit this forum; don't even know it exists. They are out there, speeding these mysterious 1-hour or 5-hour breeds ("...because it CAN'T be a Pandaffodil, see?"), and wondering why "some glitch" keeps robbing them of that "something else."

Or maybe they just have their sights set on their first ultra-rare hybrid, can't bear to watch their Unicorn just sit there, so they tap the speed button, and you drain them, 5 gems at a time, rewarding them with Pandaffodil eggs they can sell for 50 coins and 25 experience points.
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SANDSCApe View Post
    Oh joy! The 20-second Panda now takes 1 hour instead of 5 hours. So it's less outrageous, but STILL OUTRAGEOUS.
    Assuming you haven't decreased the odds of breeding Emerald (why would I think that?), a player should still expect to go through maybe 50 Panda fails; maybe 100; maybe 200.
    But 100 Panda breedings might involve an hour or so of mild curses under normal breeding conditions. A 1-hour Panda breeding extends that to 4 days! Okay, so the 100 fails won't take 20 days as it would with the obscene 5-hour blocker, but this is still wrong!
    This is not why players put so much time and effort into getting a Unicorn. Not to have it tied up for days at a time, sacrificing that ultra-rare income to poop Panda eggs! Meanwhile, not only are they missing out on the Unicorn's income, but they can't breed anything else!
    Have a heart! Can't you allow players to breed at least ONE EMERALD DRAGON under the normal rules before you throw down the blocker?
    I completely agree with Sand on this one, TL. Make it so users can have the 20 second fail pandas for the first Emerald Dragon and then once users acquire an Emerald, switch them to the 1-hour panda fail rules. That or up the odds of a user getting an Emerald Dragon by 20% with the 1-hour fail. The whole 'keep ultra-rares ultra rare' argument could easily be justified if TL were to come out with a third ultra-rare that was uber-difficult to get from the get-go. But with Emeralds, TL already made it slightly easy for users to acquire it through 20-second panda fails from the beginning. Daily, I browse many neighbors' forests and see anywhere from two to four Emeralds (many times with multiple unicorns) and it frustrates me to no end that I could have easily had two or three Emeralds had I gotten my unicorn one measly week earlier than I did

At this point I'd be happy with getting at least one Emerald after the many fails I went through just to get my unicorn. If you (TL) want to keep ultra-rares ultra rare then add one or two more ultra-rares that are much more difficult to get (with one-hour pony or skyger or rhino or frostfang or lightning fails). But since a good chunk of earlier users managed to have a large advantage over everyone else not lucky enough to get a unicorn quick enough, trying to change the rules from 5-hour panda to 1-hour panda fails (instead of the original 20-second fail) is like telling a kid that because he was late to the party he's being punished with the crappy candy while all the other kids were given the primo candy... and isn't he lucky that instead of having the crappy candy that was stomped on, he's getting the crappy candy that wasn't tampered with... isn't it shiny and pretty in comparison?! The difference is that while most would assume the late kid was given the crappy candy because the primo candy ran out before he got there, the host is deliberately withholding the primo candy from the late kid as a punishment for being late (even if it wasn't the kid's fault at all and he was just unluckier/naturally slower than the other kids were). Some users here are still struggling to get a unicorn (users like zenobia) and because she'll more than likely be really late to the party, she's going to end up getting the crappier candy whereas the other kids (Sands comes to mind) managed to get only primo candy. It's a question of fairness.

I have no problem at all with TL coming out with another ultra rare that's very hard to get, just as long as everyone else (new users and old) follow the same breeding rules all the way through. I'm even somewhat all right with the idea of the old 20-second fails being the standard for the first Emerald a user gets and then every attempt that fails afterwards will give you the 1-hour fail panda. Just as long as it's somewhat fair. If all I (and other users) manage to get is one Emerald then, yeah, that sucks for us since we would rather have 3-4 like our earlier unicorn neighbors have, but at least it would be somewhat fair. We'd at least get one measly piece of primo candy scattered amongst the crappy candy we've been given. And that's all later-unicorn users want it to be when it's all boiled down: Somewhat fair.
    Last edited by ArcadiaTofu; 08-29-14 at 09:38 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Ridiculous! I *actually* tried for Emerald again, when much to my dismay discovered that while the time is less it is still 5 gems, as you all said above, this is ridiculous. TL if THAT was on purpose OR by accident you should just change it back to 20 seconds. The sentiment I wish to convey just isn't appropriate for a family-friendly environment. So, instead...

FIX IT!!!!!!! .

Fashion Designer
    Last Friday I was completely blindsided.

Today, I feel positively SWINDLED!

Rhino Keeper
    Hell, make it a gold trap! Change back to 20 seconds, and keep the speed up price at 5 gems. That way, if (when?) we fall into it, we can kick ourselves, not you! AND, you get MONEY!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcadiaTofu View Post
    I completely agree with Sand on this one, TL. Make it so users can have the 20 second fail pandas for the first Emerald Dragon and then once users acquire an Emerald, switch them to the 1-hour panda fail rules. That or up the odds of a user getting an Emerald Dragon by 20% with the 1-hour fail. The whole 'keep ultra-rares ultra rare' argument could easily be justified if TL were to come out with a third ultra-rare that was uber-difficult to get from the get-go. But with Emeralds, TL already made it slightly easy for users to acquire it through 20-second panda fails from the beginning. Daily, I browse many neighbors' forests and see anywhere from two to four Emeralds (many times with multiple unicorns) and it frustrates me to no end that I could have easily had two or three Emeralds had I gotten my unicorn one measly week earlier than I did

At this point I'd be happy with getting at least one Emerald after the many fails I went through just to get my unicorn. If you (TL) want to keep ultra-rares ultra rare then add one or two more ultra-rares that are much more difficult to get (with one-hour pony or skyger or rhino or frostfang or lightning fails). But since a good chunk of earlier users managed to have a large advantage over everyone else not lucky enough to get a unicorn quick enough, trying to change the rules from 5-hour panda to 1-hour panda fails (instead of the original 20-second fail) is like telling a kid that because he was late to the party he's being punished with the crappy candy while all the other kids were given the primo candy... and isn't he lucky that instead of having the crappy candy that was stomped on, he's getting the crappy candy that wasn't tampered with... isn't it shiny and pretty in comparison?! The difference is that while most would assume the late kid was given the crappy candy because the primo candy ran out before he got there, the host is deliberately withholding the primo candy from the late kid as a punishment for being late (even if it wasn't the kid's fault at all and he was just unluckier/naturally slower than the other kids were). Some users here are still struggling to get a unicorn (users like zenobia) and because she'll more than likely be really late to the party, she's going to end up getting the crappier candy whereas the other kids (Sands comes to mind) managed to get only primo candy. It's a question of fairness.

I have no problem at all with TL coming out with another ultra rare that's very hard to get, just as long as everyone else (new users and old) follow the same breeding rules all the way through. I'm even somewhat all right with the idea of the old 20-second fails being the standard for the first Emerald a user gets and then every attempt that fails afterwards will give you the 1-hour fail panda. Just as long as it's somewhat fair. If all I (and other users) manage to get is one Emerald then, yeah, that sucks for us since we would rather have 3-4 like our earlier unicorn neighbors have, but at least it would be somewhat fair. We'd at least get one measly piece of primo candy scattered amongst the crappy candy we've been given. And that's all later-unicorn users want when it's all boiled down: Somewhat fair.
    BRILLIANT analogy! Except you forgot one thing - it's not even my fault I was late to the party - it's THEIR fault! - They gave us bad information! I left at the same time as Sand and the other players who started the game early. Only there was a fork in the road a long time ago - the sign to the right said "this way a shortcut to great candy that you don't even have a pocket to put it in yet - it will sit there on a shelf for a few days before you can have it." While Sand and many went that way, I took the left fork who sign read, "Here are some mediocre candies you can get a bunch of and actually eat now, and you will have an equal chance as everyone else to get the super-primo candy later, when you can make a pocket for it." Then, after those who took the shortcut arrived, they switched the candy at the party from the awesome stuff to the crappy smashed stuff. Then they stopped smashing the crappy candy and acted like they are doing us a huge favor. And BTW all the kids who got the awesome candy ALSO get to go play in the exploratorium. The rest of you have to give up all your other candy if you want to go, and wait weeks before you can take more than a step here or there.

TL, the only thing that will fix it is making the unicorn and the emerald EXACTLY as feasible for us as for those who got them early. Stop punishing us every single day, with cascading effects, for taking the left fork... or taking either fork and you having put up roadblocks preventing us from arriving at the party in time.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast