Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Unicorn On Strike! -- Fighting the Emerald Blocker

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fashion Designer

Unicorn On Strike! -- Fighting the Emerald Blocker

The point of this wasted breeding is to show solidarity and support for those players who are now being deliberately thwarted in their efforts to breed an Emerald Dragon.

They have persisted through countless fails to produce a Crystal Unicorn. Now they must now endure the unnecessary insult of a 5-hour Pandaffodil breeding, added to the injury of losing out on 5 gems or 5 hours worth of Unicorn income to produce a worthless 20-second egg.

If YOU have more than one ultra-rare in your forest, join me in this protest. Keep your Unicorn and Frostfang out of their habitats by putting them on strike in the Breeding Garden, where TeamLava has maliciously polluted the Gem-Nature breeding pool.

Post a pic here of your Gem-Water breeding and email it to Support@TeamLava.com with a demand for a fair solution to their ultra-rarity problem.

Don't be discouraged, friends. Some day, there may be an ultra-rare Gem-Water hybrid. And even a pack of rabid Frostfangs won't discourage you from breeding it.
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Rhino Keeper
    I retract my previous comment. I am pretty ticked about not getting a unicorn at all (after thousands of purchased gems trying) and to see the "have's" whining about the inability to get more, is a slap in the face to the "have not's". It is not what I should be saying as it stems from jealousy, but never the less it is what is am thinking.
    Last edited by Petasos; 08-26-14 at 01:17 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Petasos View Post
    I retract my previous comment. I am pretty ticked about not getting a unicorn at all (after thousands of purchased gems trying) and to see the "have's" whining about the inability to get more, is a slap in the face to the "have not's". It is not what I should be saying as it stems from jealousy, but never the less it is what is am thinking.
    Just to play devil's advocate, but the 'haves' and the 'have nots' don't matter at all in this situation. Sooner or later the 'have nots' will have their very own Crystal Unicorn after many, many fails (that is if they don't quit the game all-together out of frustration). I was one that was a 'have not' less than a week ago, and once I bred my first Crystal Unicorn I was STOKED at the thought that I'd be able to easily get the Emerald Dragon and earn more for my forest. Now, I've *just* missed the so-called 'deadline' for easy-Emeralds and I'm pretty pissed about it, especially since a good chunk of my neighbors have more than one Emerald Dragon and my envy with their luck is pretty bitter. (Though not towards my neighbors---toward TL for *****ing me and all future players out of an easier breed that gives lots of coins... my bitterness is reserved solely for them).

Whether or not you have a Crystal Unicorn doesn't matter at all in the situation, because sooner or later you'll be a 'have' and wish that you had had a big advantage over getting Emerald Dragons much easier than it took to get Crystal Unicorn. Then you'll be in the same boat with us screaming about the unfairness of it all... :\

Fashion Designer
    Sorry, I didn't see your retraction. But please understand that I am NOT complaining about not being able to breed MORE Emeralds myself. I'm complaining on behalf of those who now can't breed a single one without paying these 5-hour / 5-gem penalties which aren't even necessary. If you ever manage to breed a Unicorn, you'll want a fair shot at breeding Gem hybrids, no?
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Rhino Keeper
    Whatever you said, I agree. So what if you wait 5 hours/use 5 gems? We have to wait almost 2 months. Hell, if I could have a Unicorn, I'd wait through 200 five hours if I have to (I'm saving up my gems for another nest in the future). Maybe I can finally find a time to hatch my Hydro Yak.

I have never tasted the millionaire life in game (DS or FFS) or out, and really want to. I heard it was great, from some of my friends. You know having money, and NOWHERE TO SPEND IT...

Fashion Designer
    I'm confused- why frostfang? Is it an arbitrary decision?

To petasos- I don't have any ultra rares, but this situation is a very upsetting one. Why does it matter how many coins someone has? The point is that TL changed breeding rules to make the game more difficult when players are already annoyed. You can't buy any of these dragons with coins, so I'm not sure I get your point.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by danni7788 View Post
    I'm confused- why frostfang? Is it an arbitrary decision?
    In the spirit of solidarity, I chose a breeding that would closely mimic the situation of players now attempting to breed Emerald. They have a Unicorn wasting away hours in the Garden, not earning coins and not producing an egg that's of any real value. Unicorn-Frostfang at present can only produce the 4-hour Frostfang, which was as close as I could get to that 5-hour Emerald blocker.

I could have bred Unicorn-Pandaffodil, but what if I got a 45-hour breed? That would be an embarrassing success and would totally blow the lid off my protest. LOL Besides, I can't have critics thinking that I'm going after another ultra-rare now, can I? No, it needs to be a pair whose useless eggs I'm compelled to sell from the nest.

I can't believe Team Lava thinks that having to go through over 200 20 second Pandafollia eggs isn't punishment enough for getting an Emerald?!! I mean they should try sitting their for two hours breeding and hatching, breeding and hatching over and over again!! And now they have this stupid five hour Panda, because they thought breeding an Ultra Rare was super easy with a 20 second egg?!!! Obviously they have never bred and hatched 200 Panda eggs in one day, I mean the monotone boredom from that is punishment enough for getting an ultra rare!! And now the are adding insult to injury with their "five hour" Panda!! -_-

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBunnyDragon View Post
    I can't believe Team Lava thinks that having to go through over 200 20 second Pandafollia eggs isn't punishment enough for getting an Emerald?!! I mean they should try sitting their for two hours breeding and hatching, breeding and hatching over and over again!! And now they have this stupid five hour Panda, because they thought breeding an Ultra Rare was super easy with a 20 second egg?!!! Obviously they have never bred and hatched 200 Panda eggs in one day, I mean the monotone boredom from that is punishment enough for getting an ultra rare!! And now the are adding insult to injury with their "five hour" Panda!! -_-
    I quite agree with your perspective on this. It would have been tedious for me to go through so many Pandaffodil eggs to get an Emerald Dragon (and even more of a pain to wait 4 days for one to finally leave the nest, let alone another 16 hour evolution time to evolve it enough to be able to breed), but it still would have been worth it in the end to have an Emerald Dragon in my forest. Taking into account that Emerald Dragon now is probably rarer to get than Crystal Unicorn ever was since there's only two options for breeding a Crystal Unicorn and a Panda --- a 5-hour Panda or (maybe, if you manage to be the .5% with luck on your side) an Emerald Dragon. Since your fails only allows you one option (the now horribly-long 5-hour Panda) it'll be pretty much next to impossible for people to try for the Emerald Dragon. I mean, honestly, who wants to go through 5 hour fails time and time again with no other possibilities than a worthless panda that's worth only 100 coins from the store? I would feel a *little* better if TL gave other fail options (like Jackalope, Ocean Owl, Cosmic Phoenix, etc.) if you breed Crystal Unicorn with Pandaffodil since Crystal Unicorn is comprised of four elements and should give fails of nearly every breed under the rainbow (but likely one that contains nature since the Pandaffodil will help tip the scales more towards that breed type).

Why doesn't TL end the customer lynch-mob with a type of compromise? Why would it be so hard to give users one day of the week to have 'easy-breeding' for the Emerald or even once a month? That way, users that feel *****ed will *at least* have one day out of the month to have an easier time to try for the Emerald Dragon? If they're willing to put Onyx Ox on sale for 200 gems for the weekend why is it so hard to bring back the old breeding standard for Emerald Dragon at least once a month to placate the more loyal users that feel *****ed? Wouldn't that be fair for both sides? Personally, if I could get just one Emerald Dragon I'd be happy because I *just* got my Crystal Unicorn and have missed the advantage older users had over me in regards to Emerald Dragon.

One thing is certain, though: If this so-called 'purposeful bug' isn't fixed or at least modified for a more customer-friendly experience then I'll more than likely never, ever buy Emerald Dragon nor will I even try for it with a crappy 5-hour Panda breed fail. And that's money for gems out of their pockets that I would have used to speed-breed and/or get sale items. []like this makes me (and many others) not want to shell out money to TL in the future because, frankly, if TL wants to ignore customers completely or fail to even compromise with them then what's the point in supporting them?
    Last edited by kooky panda; 08-26-14 at 04:57 PM. Reason: inappropriate word

Executive Chef
    you guys all need to relax. it's a friggin online game xDDD

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast