Thread: Upgrading Hatcheries and Stables

Host(ess)

Upgrading Hatcheries and Stables

In my experience upgrading hatcheries and stables only reduces collection time.
    And not by much. Just read a similar thread about mines; decreasing collection time from 4 hours to 3 hours 35 mins (lvl 3) - what's the point?

At some point you need to update a deep mine to level 5 to continue the main story line. Is there something similar w hatcheries or stables?

Developers: would be nice if the upgrade was substantial, e g bring collection time down to 2 hours and/or increase what they drop (like the academy).

Executive Chef
    I have all my buildings upgraded as much as possible and I do think it makes a difference. This game is about incremental increases, and those few hours can really add up over time. Just my two cents.
    Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. Close and personal friend of The Great Thuan.

Executive Chef
    It may or may not make much or a difference - totally depending on your game play habits. If, say, you collect in the morning before work/school, then the next time you can collect is on your lunch break, then after work/school... if your lunch break is > 4 hours after your morning collection, and you check into the game another > 4 hours after that, then bedtime, then upgrading those buildings will make hardly any difference for you. You will still collect exactly 4 times a day. If, however, you check in every 3.5 hours, upgrading to 4 or 5 is almost mandatory for you, because otherwise you will miss a LOT of collections.

The hatchery, stable, sparkling mine, and sawmill collection times at level 5 are 3:12. If you can check in enough times during the day that you will get 5 collections instead of 4 due to that time decrease, then it is a very, very, very good idea to upgrade. If you can get 1 more collection a day most days by upgrading, it is well worth it IMO.

I recommend taking note of your schedule, and of what upgrades will do for you (12 minutes each upgrade), and upgrade to the level that allows you more collections per day for your schedule. This IS a time management game.
    Last edited by zenobia42; 08-25-14 at 11:19 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Or if you just have too many resources sitting around collecting dust... why not upgrade?

Host(ess)
    Ok, thanks.
    I check in more than once a day, but i don't schedule my day to optimize the game. I may upgrade one stable out of two etc. In any case, it doesn't look like any building except the deep mine needs to be upgraded to keep the storyline going.

Executive Chef
    in Blythewood Sapling Part 2, you need to visit a level 5 Library as well as the level 5 Fairie Respite. In the first Lady Greselda quest, you need to upgrade the Theater, the Jeweler, and the Conservatory to level 5.

Executive Chef
    There is a quest to upgrade one stable and one hatchery to level 3.

It's a good way to use up extra stores of items. Whenever I had an over abundance, I would see what needed upgrading.

Rhino Keeper
    I've only started upgrading because I'm almost maxed on fancy supplies. It does annoy me though when the collection time is off for all my different stuff.