Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Friday request

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar

Black Friday Wishlist

Please Read Before Posting!

This thread in the Restaurant Story discussion forums, originally titled "Black Friday Wishlist!", was started to see which box prizes and past LTOs people would like to see on Black Friday, as these are the traditional items TeamLava puts up for sale on that day. A separate thread in the suggestions forum, titled "Black Friday request", was created with the intention of requesting TeamLava to bring back past goal items to be sold on Black Friday, for that one day ONLY and to be purchasable by gems.

As of earlier today (September 2nd), these two threads have been merged by a moderator of the forums. Since the messages are organized chronologically regardless of their original thread, this very much looks like two threads in one at the moment. As I started both threads, I'm going to go back through my posts and edit them to make this thread as seamless as possible, as I'm assuming the two threads will stay merged rather than split again into their respective original threads.

Therefore, please note that this thread is now inclusive of requests for traditional Black Friday offerings (LTOs and box prizes) AND past goal items for this upcoming Black Friday. Although most people have been posting what LTOs and box items they would like to see, please post if you'd like to see a specific goal item back as well; a greater visible demand would definitely help convey how much we'd like to see them brought back! There have already been some requests for past goal items, and we hope TeamLava will consider bringing them back for purchase on Black Friday.

Black Friday 2014 falls on November 28.

Thank you!
    Last edited by pixiegamer; 09-19-14 at 05:13 PM. Reason: typos

Restaurant Story Black Friday Wishlist!

With regards to LTOs and Box Items, as are traditionally offered on Black Friday:

I'd personally love to see the Spring Lunch LTO brought back.

After getting the Tea Party goal in June and seeing the Gardener's Chest items, I'd love to be able to buy this to flesh out the spring afternoon theme. The lemonade on the table is just too cute (why don't we have a lemonade recipe again?), and it would go so well with all the other Spring-themed items we have now, or even the most recent Summer Fun update

Speaking of the Gardener's Chest...

How cute would the Spring Garden look next to the Spring Lunch? It's the first prize in the Gardener's Chest, and I hope it's made available as well
    Last edited by pixiegamer; 09-09-14 at 07:39 AM.

I know Black Friday usually only sees up 1st- and 2nd-place box prizes and LTOs for sale, but in the event smaller prizes will be offered as well this year, I'd love to see some from the Love Chest

I'm sure the Garden Dinner (1st) and maybe even the String Quartet (2nd) will make an appearance, and both are on my wishlist, especially the quartet, but I'd also really like to get some 3rd- and 4th-place items from this box on Black Friday. Specifically:

-Lava Girl Love (4th) because it's LAVA GIRL! One of the very few (if only O.O) opportunities to have her in my restaurant, so of course I'd take it! She looks so happy to be holding that heart in her hands

-The Cup of Love (4th), because it's also very cute and very well-made, and I'm sure my Swedish Server would greatly appreciate a fellow waitress to help her out! And which customer wouldn't want the chocolate dessert she's carrying? (At least I assume it's chocolate and dessert - could be tea for all I know! )

-The Romantic Swing (3rd) - very sweet and could be used in all four seasons with some creativity ♥

And on the topic of breaking tradition, I'd love to see some previous goal items brought back! I think it would certainly attract a lot of sales, and who doesn't love sales? Pretty please, TeamLava?
    Last edited by pixiegamer; 09-09-14 at 07:41 AM.

Now onto the past goal items I'd like to see! I know these have never been offered before, aside from when they were originally released with their respective challenges, but, having started playing fairly recently, I missed out on a lot of these, and would happily pay (and purchase if needed) gems to have them in my restaurant. I know I'm not the only one, so developers (and marketers), please please please consider selling them this Black Friday! With RS2 already in the works, this may be our last chance to get these items.

Firstly, I would love to see the Leaf Pile from the November 2013 goals brought back:

It's the floor decoration in the middle with the girl in the small pile of leaves. It's so cute and such a quintessential item for autumn, and I would easily pay gems to be able to have it in my restaurant. This is easily the highest item on my must-have list, so if only one item makes a return for Black Friday, I hope this is it. Please let it be so, TL!

Secondly is this little guy:

ACTION CHEF LEE! Because what would Restaurant Story be without Chef Lee and his guidance through the monthly goals? Unfortunately, this is the only way (that I'm aware of, thus far) that he's been able to make a "physical" appearance in any of our restaurants, and it's a shame he was a goal item, because who wouldn't want Chef Lee in their restaurant? I know I certainly would, so I hope he makes a return as well That 50s chef has nothing on him!

Thirdly is this Fondue Couple (toward the lower-right corner, NOT the one in the snowglobe):

They're very cute and add an aspect of sophistication to any restaurant, in my opinion. Depending on the number of tables in a restaurant, bots don't always sit together, so it's nice to see two "people" enjoying each other's company And, I understand this item is available for gems rather than coins when unlocked. All the more reasons to buy gems if it becomes available again

Fourth is the Mermaid Reef:

Admittedly not too high on my must-have list, but with the recent beach-themed and riverboat goals, as well as the already-existing undersea and water items available in the game, I feel there's enough to make a lovely waterfront or beach-side restaurant (mine actually was for quite some time), and this would be perfect to go along with the theme.

So, this is my list for what I would like to see brought back for Black Friday, and understandably for gems rather than coins. I would easily buy gems to obtain these, and hope above all else that the Leaf Pile will make a reappearance. Please consider bringing back past items for Black Friday, TL! And once again, thank you for taking the time to read this
    Last edited by pixiegamer; 09-02-14 at 08:15 PM.

Executive Chef
    Marshmallow candy kitchen from the Easter box and koi pond from the take out box.

Executive Chef
    Pilgrim Thanksgiving
    Snowball Fight

Gardener's Shed
    Glass Garden
    Spring Garden

Marshmallow Maker

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post
    I thought I should make a list of what I would like to be able to purchase to get the ball rolling, so here goes!

Firstly, I would love to see the Leaf Pile from the November 2013 goals brought back:

It's the floor decoration in the middle with the girl in the small pile of leaves. It's so cute and such a quintessential item for autumn, and I would easily pay gems to be able to have it in my restaurant. This is easily the highest item on my must-have list, so if only one item makes a return for Black Friday, I hope this is it. Please let it be so, TL!

Secondly is this little guy:

ACTION CHEF LEE! Because what would Restaurant Story be without Chef Lee and his guidance through the monthly goals? Unfortunately, this is the only way (that I'm aware of, thus far) that he's been able to make a "physical" appearance in any of our restaurants, and it's a shame he was a goal item, because who wouldn't want Chef Lee in their restaurant? I know I certainly would, so I hope he makes a return as well That 50s chef has nothing on him!

Thirdly is this Fondue Couple (toward the lower-right corner, NOT the one in the snowglobe):

They're very cute and add an aspect of sophistication to any restaurant, in my opinion. Depending on the number of tables in a restaurant, bots don't always sit together, so it's nice to see two "people" enjoying each other's company And, I understand this item is available for gems rather than coins when unlocked. All the more reasons to buy gems if it becomes available again

Fourth is the Mermaid Reef:

Admittedly not too high on my must-have list, but with the recent beach-themed and riverboat goals, as well as the already-existing undersea and water items available in the game, I feel there's enough to make a lovely waterfront or beach-side restaurant (mine actually was for quite some time), and this would be perfect to go along with the theme.

So, this is my list for what I would like to see brought back for Black Friday, and understandably for gems rather than coins. I would easily buy gems to obtain these, and hope above all else that the Leaf Pile will make a reappearance. Please consider bringing back past items for Black Friday, TL! And once again, thank you for taking the time to read this
    I find it interesting that the items ur showing here all came from doing challenges. The only reason uve got access to some of them is bcuz u did the challenge and unlocked the item. What would b the purpose in completing a challenge if TL got into the habit of placing the items for sale during the Black Friday wknd sales? If I remember correctly the items that r put on sale r those that were offered as an LTO and there's a demand to have them back. This will b my third yr w the sale and I know the 1st yr I didn't know what was really happening. The 2nd yr, last yr, I didn't c anything I was interested in and this yr I won't know until it happens. I doubt that'll b any items from the mystery boxes.
    The way I look at it is, the sale will happen the wknd after Thanksgiving and TL will offer whatever they feel like offering.
    Currently NOT ADDING NBRS SO PLZ DO NOT SEND INVITE
    Thanks,
    Elainecarrel

Rhino Keeper
    Where do I begin?!

Personally I'd like to see :

Three Bears Porridge(LTO)
    French Cafe Bike (LTO)
    Spring Picnic (Goal Item)
    Moss Statue (Gardener's Chest)
    Maypole/May Dancer (May Basket)
    Stone and Tree (Action Chef Box)
    String Quartet/Upright Piano (Music Box)

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineCarrel View Post
    I find it interesting that the items ur showing here all came from doing challenges. The only reason uve got access to some of them is bcuz u did the challenge and unlocked the item. What would b the purpose in completing a challenge if TL got into the habit of placing the items for sale during the Black Friday wknd sales? If I remember correctly the items that r put on sale r those that were offered as an LTO and there's a demand to have them back. This will b my third yr w the sale and I know the 1st yr I didn't know what was really happening. The 2nd yr, last yr, I didn't c anything I was interested in and this yr I won't know until it happens. I doubt that'll b any items from the mystery boxes.
    The way I look at it is, the sale will happen the wknd after Thanksgiving and TL will offer whatever they feel like offering.
    Yes, I know from reading other posts in other forums (mainly Bakery Story's) that Black Friday sales consist mainly of past LTOs and 1st- and 2nd-place items from boxes. This thread was specifically started to ask that goal items from previous challenges also be unlocked for purchase, so that players who started playing after they were released, or players who were not able to finish goals on time to get these items, may be able to get them rather than have them be potentially locked forever, as they are currently displayed to players who don't have them.

Admittedly, this does raise the question of why complete challenges at all, as you mentioned. With the exception of a few items, to my knowledge, all the goal prizes, once unlocked, are available for purchase by the players for coins. However, if the last two years are any indication, items made available on Black Friday are only sold for gems, which, due the game's design, are much harder for players to accrue through regular gameplay (i.e, without purchase), and therefore much more valuable. Selling these items for gems (or more gems than their asking price, if the prize is originally only available for gems) incentivizes older players to complete goals so they may save their gems for other items. And, of course, it incentivizes newer players to buy gems to obtain items they would only be able to obtain for one day before they go back to being locked forever. For older players, it also gives them an opportunity to perhaps buy duplicates of goal prizes that are no longer available for purchase (like the December 2013 goal items).

Of course, at the end of the day, the decision is left purely up to TeamLava to decide what to offer; I am not disputing that in the least. I am simply offering a suggestion in hopes it will be implemented, and if it is, I suspect many people other than myself would be extremely happy.

Farm Supplier
    I agree with you, pixiegamer. What TL choose to do with their own game is their choice and I won't ever stop playing these games while they're there. But I would LOVE for old goal stuff to be available for gems even if only once a year or something. I don't think it would stop people doing goals as they come up, not at all, because most people would rather do the goals and get the stuff for "free" than for gems, and it gives people who started playing later (or started doing goals later) the chance to decorate their place exactly how they want.

ETA Well I for one would keep doing the goals like normal even if I knew at some point the items would become available for gems. I would use my gems just for the stuff I didn't get a chance to get when I wasn't playing. I'm sure I'm in the majority.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast