Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your worst gem-investment?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by EBJW View Post
    Here's a list of the fortunes: https://forum.storm8.com/showthread.p...Fortune-Teller

I'm at the Glimmer Rock right now, and I love it, cause I have so much trouble making enough plants/the right plants for 'sister, sister'.

Glimmer Rock: you must chop an old log, it will give you glimmer fragments and shards.After you've chopped it three times this quest is done.
    So the trick is: buy a new log. Chop it twice, NOT a third time. Sell it after chopping twice. Buy a new log. Chop it twice, and so on.

I'm on it right now, and I'm trying to keep it as long as I can as extra resource for glimmer fragments (my rate shards-fragments is ridiculous) even after 'sister, sister'.
    Thank you! This helps!

I actually don't think I've made a bad gem investment. I've bought all the resource-giving items and they come in handy when needed. When I'm maxed out or simply don't need those resources, I still enjoy them as decorations.

The only gem sore spot for me is the G.D. gemtraps. But then who here hasn't felt furious over those? Judging by the countless pleas to add a gem spend confirmation dialog like so many other games have, not many of us haven't felt that rage before.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonu View Post
    You spend more energy collecting strawberries/glimmerbulbs then you receive back. It's not a bad thing necessarily, if you still need expansion permits.
    You are absolutely right, I couldn't agree more! I am fully expanded, except for one square to keep making the expansion permit, but I never use the Strawberry/ Glimmerbulb Energy trade!
    It is ridiculous really and not worth it, usually I do the Milk / eggs trade and Fish/ Bacon and roast for energy. Thus the Magic Fruit tree is working as decoration now lol.

Worst gem investment. Just got gem trapped into buying 13 wisp lanterns while checking out places to expand. Sent in a ticket and they said sorry, nope, no refunds on it. That was a lot of gems.
    Not happy.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Storenkaos View Post
    Worst gem investment. Just got gem trapped into buying 13 wisp lanterns while checking out places to expand. Sent in a ticket and they said sorry, nope, no refunds on it. That was a lot of gems.
    Not happy.
    Ouch. That REALLY sucks. I didn't even look at the question that way. I guess if you count gem traps, and TL's stubborn refusal to do the right thing by it's paying customers and stop stealing our gems that way, we pretty much ALL would count our worst gem trap fallen into as our worst gem investment. Mine cost me 453 gems. To speed up my alicorn by 6 days. If I really needed energy that badly, by using the gem energy refill option, I'd have gotten 30 energy for the relatively cheap price of 50 gems. But I didn't even need the energy or consider paying 453 gems for it. I simply wanted to collect from Sir Piggy who was next to my alicorn at the time. I will never understand why the company thinks it's in their best interest to piss off paying customers into no longer continuing to give them money, which they had been doing on about a weekly basis, rather than do the right thing and refund them what they clearly did not authorize be taken, nor rectify it so that no longer happens to anyone else. I just don't get that. At all. I used to buy at least a few gems nearly every time there was a gem sale. Because that is the frugal thing to do... except when you take gem traps into account. Now, no WAY am I going to build up a good supply of gems with real money. ONLY by completing quests to play other TL games. Speaking of which, I probably have another energy or two in the cupcake game to try to get to level 54!
    Last edited by zenobia42; 08-28-14 at 04:29 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    Ouch. That REALLY sucks. I didn't even look at the question that way.
    Yeah, those gem-traps are so..... vicious.......!
    That's why I started out: we've ALL been tricked in those, that's why I wanted to know sec the 'other' side of gem-using !

(by the way, those gem-traps is the main reason I refuse to pay for this game, although I really love it)
    I am Zelda

Fashion Designer
    One "solution" is that you could only buy gems when you plan on using them and use them up immediately.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbfps116 View Post
    One "solution" is that you could only buy gems when you plan on using them and use them up immediately.
    Yes, good tip! But I have some odd principles (with your solution I can spend them as I want indeed, but there's still the problem of lost gems in the past and future, and of many other players, so....)
    I am Zelda

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jbfps116 View Post
    I HAD been trying to be frugal about the whole thing. Buy during sales only. If they didn't have these horrible gem traps, that would be the best solution, and what I'd still be doing.

But now I just don't buy them. I get them through the play other TL games quests. With the gem traps in place, it's like buying and ice cream cone, then the guy who sold it to tilts the cone so the ice cream falls on the ground, and hands you the empty cone saying, "sorry - you can buy another cone though, if you want!"

New Resident
    Decorations

add me: Yahya08

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast